cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Boxing week starts now!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

Our 2GB of monthly data Flash Sale is back by popular demand!

Starting December 10 and extended to December 28 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off their SIM card when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by December 28 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by December 28 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus and 50% off their SIM card 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

100 REPLIES 100

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Melinda_H 

That's good to hear that customers can change their plan to a higher data plan and still keep the 2 GB bonus.

@ybirama wrote:

My current number is 709-234 (Gandar, Newfoundland). 

Just an little extra bit of assurance: I checked this number with Koodo's porting verification tool, and it indicates it is eligible to move. Koodo shares the same system as Public Mobile, so it will be good for Public Mobile (or Telus Mobility) as well.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

mcgregor_04
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just a heads up, I had an issue with this promo code when I used it on the 27th. I had to contact PM for them to link it to my account. 

@ybirama 

Your welcome! If you have any questions at all before activation please feel free to post. You may want to activate before getting the sim card mailed to you. This way your friend can insert the sim card in the phone and ensure all the services are working. Once that is established you can finish setting up your self serve account and have the 6 digit alphanumeric code sent you by your friend.

This will give you the option of being able to suspend the pm account via lost/stolen should anything happen to the sim card in transit. If you use this option you will after your first renewal have to contact customer support to manually apply your rewards ( $2 autopay) due to a glitch when using lost/stolen causing rewards to not apply automatically upon renewal.

You could also if you wanted have your friend call forward your new temporary phone number to your current number so that any calls recieved on the pm sim card would forward to your current phone. Then when the sim card arrives you insert the pm sim card in your phone and cancel the call forwarding before you port in your current phone number.

People get confused about the terminology “activate online”. That means do the activation yourself online, not having a dealer do the activation for you. This is what you are planning on doing anyway but if someone buys you a SIM card they need to just get the SIM card and mail it. If the dealer offers to do it for them they need to decline the offer.

AE_Collector

ybirama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks! So the person purchasing my SIM did not activate the card and I will have them take a picture of the #. 

Thank you all for all of the help!

ybirama

Yep my number is transferable. 

@ybirama 

If you want to take advantage of the 2GBBONUS promocode promotion then you must activate online as any retail activation limits the bonus to 6 months only. If you also want to take advantage of the holiday gifts then you must activate before 11:59:59pm eastern on December 31st. As explained by @AE_Collector  this can be done without the actual physical im card in hand as long as you have the sim card #. Activate with a temporary number and you can port in your number once the sim card arrives and you can finish the set up of your self serve account and port in using the change number feature in your account.

@ybirama 

Before I explain how CCS works chapel to see if your number is transferable to pm.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

@ybirama 

That should be easy then. Make sure they send you the sim number before putting it in the mail to you. Then you can activate using it as you don’t need to have the SIM card in your hand to do the activation. The SIM cards are “triple punched” so will fit any device. Try to get activated before 11:59 PM eastern time zone to automatically get the two Christmas gifts as well as using the promo code to get the ongoing 2GB data bonus.

AE_Collector

ybirama

@AE_Collector

Thank you. I will get a temporary number from a friend and then change the number. From PM's website the coverage map looks like it will cover the areas that I am looking for. My current number is 709-234 (Gandar, Newfoundland). 

Hmmm, that is a predicament as I am sure that if you say that you don’t have a location selling SIM cards close by there aren’t a whole load of options! @darlicious  does Canadian Cell Supplies have an option right now to get a new activated account with a new number and mail the SIM out? Then @ybirama @can do port the number over once SIM is received?

Another way is anyone with a SIM card can give you the SIM number and you do the activation using it and getting a temporary new number. After they get the SIM and send you a picture of its unique number it goes in the mail to you and once you receive it you can put in phone, ensure it is working and then go online and do a number change to port your existing number to it. So you will be paying for two accounts for a bit while the SIM card is in the mail to you.

Anyone know anything about activating in Nunavut? @ybirama is your number a Nunavut number or from somewhere else? Maybe post just the area code and next three digits here or identify the city it is associated with. I asssume PM will provide service there but would be good to check that you can port your existing number.

AE_Collector

ybirama

@AE_Collector 

I'm currently in Nunavut. My goal would be to keep the same number that I currently have from another carrier. 

@ybirama 

Roughly what is your location? Some of us keep spare SIM cards on hand to help people out. You want to activate by Dec 31 in reality to get both the 2GB recurring data add-on PLUS the two free Christmas gifts that run out on that date. As for just the 2GB recurring data bonus, I won’t be surprised if that gets extended, it has been extended over and over for months. But… January will be the end of the traditional,promo season around here so who knows…..

AE_Collector

ybirama

Hello, 

I looking to take advantage of the 2GB bonus promo that ends on Jan 4th, but it looks like my SIM card won't be delivered by then. This will be my first time with Public mobile. Is there anyway to take advantage of the promo if I don't physically have the SIM card in time? My current location doesn't have a Walmart, or any stores that sells public mobile sim cards. 

Thanks in advance. 

@AE_Collector 

I'm still waiting for a 2nd month free + 5 GB offering (like last years) on top of the referral bonus, which moreso benefits the referr-er, not the refer-ee.

Challenge is, we only have 3 days to jump in to get the More the Merrier so the clock's a ticking folks...

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

Not much of boxing day promo just more of the same.....waa, waa ,waa.......

Something tells me that won't be changing any time soon, oh well at least we get something deal-wise, even if it's not much of one or repetitive.

@AE_Collector 

Not much of boxing day promo just more of the same.....waa, waa ,waa.......

That makes more sense. In just over three years here and 4 Black Friday though New Years Promo periods, I have never seen it all end half way between Christmas and New Years day.

AE_Collector

According to the main PM web page, this promo has been extended to January 4. This announcement has not been updated.   

One hour to go on the Boxing Day Promo.

Is that all there is? Not getting extended to December 31, January 1 or maybe the evening of Monday January 3?

AE_Collector

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Here's the plan line up with the recurring 2 GB bonus data and the $2 auto pay discount.

$33 5 GB

$38 7 GB 

$48 12.5 GB

$58 17.5 GB

$68 22.5 GB

$48 and up plans come with unlimited US/Canada talk when calling from Canada.

HI @Suki_Wong , in this case, open a ticket with PM and they will add it for you.  

click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

@Suki_Wong....did you receive a text message from 4911 about 10 days ago ? Check your messages...you must have missed it. The More is Merrier free gift of 2GB of data and 500 minutes of International calling ( to select countries) is waiting for you.

Suki_Wong

cannot text back YES or text to 4911. It mentioned message "undelivered"

@Suki_Wong wrote:

yes

Hi @Suki_Wong 

Your Yes does not work here  🙂

Yes to the text you received on the phone instead  🙂

@Suki_Wong...you needed to reply Yes when you got an SMS text from Public Mobile, back a week or two ago.

Alternative now is to text Yes to 4911 and wait for confirmation text.

Suki_Wong

yes

@s_moonie 

If you mean like a potential holiday gift from PM next December, yes you will. I have collected the Christmas bonus gifts over 3 consecutive years as well as a couple of other bonuses. These two gifts (2GB and 500 minutes of LD) though are single use one time add-ons, not the same as the 2 GB bonus available every 30 days on plans that are $35 or higher.

AE_Collector

s_moonie

Thank you!
And I’m assuming that would mean I would be included in future add ons bonuses as well. Good deal 👍🏻 

Need Help? Let's chat.