cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB bonus for 12 months, $25+ plans!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting today until Aug 31 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of bonus data every month for free* for 12months on $25+ plans or higher with promo code:12MONTHS2GB

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions may apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Simply make note of the promo code: 12MONTHS2GB
  2. To redeem this offer online, order a SIM card today, and then activate online by Sept 9, 2022 at 11:59PM ET. 

Offer Details:

• To redeem this offer online, order a SIM card between Aug 25 - 31 at 11:59 PM EST, and then activate online by Sept 9, 2022 at 11:59PM ET.
  • Earn up to $14.25/mo in Public Points value with 3x Points-Back, for a limited time.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online only.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on any $25+ plans with the use of the promo code. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

Thank you, 

- Public Mobile Team

28 REPLIES 28

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tjo 

Did you activate the accounts with the $25 plan? If you did contact customer support and ask them to add the promo code to your accounts. Just tell them you forgot to add it.

Edit:

This has been an ongoing promo code. (12MONTHS2GB)

Edit:

The promo code that is there's nothing you can do about bonus friend referral promotions.

Tjo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Right?!?! Should have been given to anyone signing up within 2 weeks before promotion!!!

Tjo

I'm super bummed that we missed this promo by 10 days. Why wouldn't you offer this with more notice for parents getting teens phone plans before school starts? Could really have used that data. 😔

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Danmal59 

Yes it is. Keep in mind that is until 11:59.59 p.m. Eastern Time. If your friend is activating a $35 or more plan then they can use the promo code 2GBBONUS the bonus to be of unlimited duration. This may or may not work on 4G plans but we will definitely work on 3G plans.

Danmal59
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an extra SIM card which I will be giving my friend. So, the 2MONTHS2G Flash sale  is “on”till Sept 9 activation?

richellekaren

I am thinking the same as I just opened a second line 😕

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@darrinmc 

Lol... Yes I happen to read that thread on RFD last night so you are indeed correct. Phone box does have some good deals on higher data plans that's for sure.

If you are activating a new account I would hazard a guess that even the 12MONTHS2GB promo code would still work and I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly the promotion they put on for Labor Day weekend.

The extra 2 GB of data combined with the 3×yeah back promotion and the bonus referral credit promotion makes it a fairly good deal for new activations. The best way to take advantage of 3× the points would be to not redeem any of them for the first year so that you earn on all your payments and then begin to redeem them after 12 months has passed.

darrinmc

You wouldn't see the 3gb plan until you put in the promo code in activations, instructions are on a redflagdeals thread.  And now the $35 plan is 10gb (not 7) .  The $15 plan with PM has been great for my kids who mostly text.  Yes the rewards are good , $2 off of the monthly bill is all right now.  If PM has a promo this long weekend for customers or a CSR gives me a promo code  I'll jump on it

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@darrinmc 

I couldn't find a $25/3 GB on their website. The lowest plan they had was the $35/7 GB plan. They also have a $45/15 GB plan and a $55/20 GB plan. So similarly they have good deals on higher price plans but they don't have rewards.

They do have referrals which gives you a free month for your first one and $20 thereafter but you certainly don't have ongoing rewards or no effort rewards like auto pay and the loyalty reward.

There's no community help and all their support is online. They do have esim. They offer service on both Telus and Rogers.

So I suppose it's appealing if you want to higher data plan it's not appealing if you don't want to a higher data plan and definitely not free like my service with public mobile.

darrinmc

Thanks for your input, I am not interested in the higher tiers and wish to stick at the $25 price point for a kids phone.

I've been on Public since 2019, and no offers have come for that price point, it's always the higher tiers and quite frankly there are better options for the higher tiers.   Phonebox has a 3gb for $25 plan on the 4g network, and comes with a rogers 5g sim for free.  So I get my my price point and data right out of the gate.  In fact they also have 7gb for the $35 price point which is also great.  I'm sure they have their rewards and referal options as well.  I presented the CSR with these facts but I don't think they have a retentions dept.  It's fine with me, there will be other competition in the future as well.  T

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@darrinmc 

I don't understand why you would port out to a competitor who can't offer you a better deal on the $25 plan and lose your rewards? You're about to hit $3 in loyalty plus $2 for auto pay that's $5 off per month. So essentially that gives you the same deal as the $35 plan with 2gb of bonus data because you can get the $40 plan with 5 GB for the same price without being restricted to staying on that plan. And while the $25 plan customers can get an extra 2 GB for 12 months you can get the $35 plan costing you $30 per month. With continuing loyalty so when the $25 plan customers lose their bonus data in a year you'll be then at $6 off per month.

You can avail yourself of the $55 student plan then you can have 20 GB of data at 4G speed. And you would be paying $50 with your reward discounts. You also have the opportunity have the opportunity to participate in the community and refer friends for additional rewards off your bill every month or even if you just referred one friend during the current promotion you'll get an additional $25 in credits at $5 off per month for 5 months.

No other provider will offer you a rewards program and when it comes to the lower price plans they're all the same out there. In fact very few offer a promotional discount on the $25 plan or a data bonus. Have a look around and see if you can find a better deal but if you decide to port out you can kiss your rewards goodbye because you won't get them if you come back you'll be on the points program.

Fenix

I find it kind of upsetting that current customers never get good deals like this, especially for the lower tier plans. I've had PM for over a year now and have yet to see any specials for currently activated customers. It would be nice if you would offer specials to your loyal customers rather than only new ones.

darrinmc

I tried contacting customer support, there are no promotions for customers after you activate.  The only solution I am told is to get a new sim and activate the new plan. 

Conclusion - It would be easier for me just to port out and go to a competitor.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Danmal59 

Which plan did you activate on? You can contact customer support to add the promo code to your account it just depends on what plan you activated on. There may be another one that's more advantageous to you.

Danmal59

I activated my PM Aug 25 online. How do Avail this?

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

I just activated a new account for the $25 plan for my wife on Aug 26. The funny thing is that on her profile, it shows activation one day earlier on Aug 25.

How would I contact customer support to ask them to add the promocode.  I already tried to type in the promocode and it did not work.

@kflanagan 

Contact customer support and ask them to add the promocode. What plan did you activate on?

kflanagan

Good afternoon,

I just switched to Public Mobile and activated my Sim card about 15 minutes ago and read about the FlashSale 2 minutes too late.  Is there any way I can use the promo code?  I qualify for this deal and would hate to miss out.

K

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CathMacK 

Contact customer support and ask them if they will add it to your account.

CathMacK

Can customers that activated a $25 plan avail of this?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on any $25+ plans with the use of the promo code. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed

Could you clearly clarify will bonus be forfeited if customer who activated $25 plan upgrades to higher plan? Or if customer activates for example $50 plan and downgrades to $25?

There are many questions like that lately and clear clarification will help.

FlutteringBy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

friend code for $5 for 5 months????

Obviously I also missed that one....😐

FlutteringBy

I activated on the 3g $25 plan

@FlutteringBy wrote:

Aaggghhhh!!

I activated Aug. 22....guess I should have waited a couple of days....🙁....

HI @FlutteringBy   Sorry you missed it, but at least you put in your friend code for $5 for 5 months?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@FlutteringBy 

What plan did you activate on?

FlutteringBy

Aaggghhhh!!

I activated Aug. 22....guess I should have waited a couple of days....🙁....

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Lol....

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions may apply 

Really?!!😆😅😂

Need Help? Let's chat.