Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 20GB for $34 on 90-day Subscription & 30GB for $40

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting Sept 8, customers can select the following subscription offers for a limited time.

20GB for $39 | 4G speed | subscribe now

• Save $5/month  with a 90-day subscription. 
  • For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM.

Offer Details 

• This offer is available to new and existing subscribers.
  • 20 GB Data at 4G Speed¹
  • 4G Speed¹ up to 100mbps.
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
  • Earn $1.95/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.
  • Total data allotment is provided upfront for the 90-day subscription plan at time of purchase.

30GB for $40 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM

Offer Details 

• This offer is available to new subscribers who activate.
  • 30 GB Data at 5G Speed¹
  • 5G Speed up to 250mbps and unlimited data at reduced speed²
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.
  • Earn $2.00/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.
  • To access 5G network speeds, ensure you have a compatible phone, your phone’s software is up-to-date, and you are connected to the Public Mobile 5G network where available. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Visit Public Mobile subscription plans.
  2. Select offer of choice. Note: you can toggle between 3G, 4G and 5G subscriptions.
  3. Subscribe online:
    - To create a new account click here to register now. 
    - To login to your account, click here 

How to Activate:

• A SIM will be required to set up your subscription. We support eSIM as well as physical SIM cards. 
  • eSIMs can be downloaded and activated within minutes, download the Public Mobile App to get started. 
  • We can deliver a physical SIM card right to your home (ships within 2 business days) or you can pick it up today at your nearest location. If you have questions about how to subscribe to Public Mobile, please click here.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- Public Mobile Team 

74 REPLIES 74

@SarahWei 3G plans provide speeds up to 3Mbps, 4G up to 100Mbps, and 5G up to 250Mbps. In all cases the speeds are artificially throttled, as the associated networks are capable of higher speeds.

And yes, a 5G plan will provide higher speeds of up to 250Mbps. It sounds like your phone is just picking the most stable network, which happens to be 4G. It shouldn't have anything to do with using an app on your phone, but either way that's at the device level. I actually force my phone I to 4G because I find it to be faster and more reliable.

@SarahWei- It's ridiculous, unnecessary marketing terminology. The terms here are about speed. 3G speed is up to 3Mbps. 4G speed is up to 100 Mbps. 5G speed is up to 250Mbps.

Then there's network connections. We can connect to 3G HSPA and use data. We can connect to LTE and use data. We can connect to 5G and use data. 5G will give similar results when you're on either a 4G or 5G network. If you're on a 3G speed plan then you might actually get a little more speed if you connect to 3G HSPA.

Confused still? 🙂

SarahWei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you!  I’m confused. (1) My iPhone 12 has 5G setting options . I choose 5G On. (2) In most cases, for example when using email APP or search engine, my phone works at LTE. As long as I open Public Mobile APP, my phone immediately changes to 5G. Therefore it is not my phone problem. Why does data speed change with different applications? (3)  in Public Mobile APP Change Subscription plans, 20GB plan is described as 4G, while 40G plan is described as 5G. It implies that 40GB plan will provide 5G speed while 20GB only 4G. Is this understanding wrong? 

@SarahWei That doesn't matter. All plans have access to all networks. E.g. even a 3G plan can access the 5G and 4G networks. If your phone isn't 5G, you still get higher speeds even on the 4G LTE network.

Here's a speed test I did on the 4G network with my 5G plan (YMMV):

Screenshot_20230813-061617.png

SarahWei

Please allay me ask further question regarding to my 40GB plan. I chose 40GB plan is for getting 5G speed. But my iPhone 12 is still running at LTE. I am in the city of Great Sudbury. Why my phone cannot do 5G? 

@SarahWei The $40/30GB plan is only available to new activations, not existing customers.

SarahWei

I just changed my plan from 20GB to 40GB this morning. I didn’t see 30GB/5G speed option in the Change Plan option in APP. Can I now change to 30GB plan? 

kotsy

That's excellent! Thanks for the response.  I've just made the change.

hi @derksen13 yes,  if old reward system, the Autopay discount will be credited once,$6, other will be credited monthly as usual

derksen13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I reached out to an agent. They confirmed what another member also mentioned. Your old rewards will still be active. And if you choose a 90 day subscription they will be multiplied by 3 each renewal.

@Y4J259-

Offer Details 

• This offer is available to new and existing subscribers

Y4J259

Meh, Make the 5g plan available to current subscribers, otherwise it's tedious promotions. 

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have been on a 90-day plan since July and I have the old rewards program. I received 3x my rewards. And, yes, you would select to change your subscription on your next renewal date if you choose to change your plan. (BTW, you said your cycle ends on the 7th. No one‘s pay cycle ends on a specific day of the month because the plans are 30 or 90 days so the date your plan ends changes continually. When on a 30 or 90-day cycle, at some time you could possibly have to renew twice in a 31-day month – the 1st and the 31st.)

derksen13

I would also like an answer to this.

kotsy

Curious about the 90 day deal. I currently have $11 in monthly rewards ($5 loyalty, $4 referral, $2 auto pay). Will I be entitled to these rewards 3 times a pay cycle if I switch? The pay cycle ends on the 7th of each month, so I would have to select switch plans at the end of my monthly cycle. 

Kicks

I got bamboozled 🥲

I got told it takes 29 days 

PM_5G

Just edited this for clarity....

Good morning just checked My Rewards 24 hours after payment and did receive 3.6 Points Back on 3 month $102 purchase(had 2x$15 rewards applied so only paid $72 thus the 3.6 pionts).
Rewards points take 24 to 48 hours to show!

Cheers!

@balaca The free esim offer is for new activations only. In my view there's not much benefit to switching from physical sim to esim anyway, unless you want to run a dual sim phone and you need the physical sim slot for another line.

***Limited time offer. New activations only. Applicable to eSIM compatible devices only. Public Mobile reserves the right to remove or change this offer at any time without notice.

Screenshot_20230908-230216.png

balaca

There is a note below the $39 offer applicable for both New, Existing users [20GB for $39 | 4G speed]

// For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM. //

Now how can an existing customer replace their physical SIM with eSIM, for $0 as mentioned here?

Kicks

It keeps renewing at the same rate unless they stop giving that plan but usually yes, they givenit back at the same price every 90 day

Kicks

Contacted them a few days ago, apparently you only get your points 29 days after the purchase and not at the beginning as per usual. So you’d get your points for the first month at 29 days then 58 and 87. 
That’s what I understood.

Kicks

IMG_7534.png

 this one says save $10 but you save $5. Just change it to save $5 because it can confuse people.

Kicks

Contacted them a few days ago, apparently you only get your points 29 days after the purchase and not at the beginning as per usual. So you’d get your points for the first month at 29 days then 58 and 87. 
That’s what I understood 

gooru

@PM_5G wrote:

Just switched to $102 (($39-5)*3) / 60Gb(20Gb*3) 3 mo. discounted plan from $39 20 Gb plan.

Can someone let me know if I will still get 5% cash back on the $ spent every 3 months? I checked and my referrals show on same day as renewal but point back have not shown up yet.  Thanks in advance!

It won't likely show your points for 2-3 days, this has been the case for me anyway.

Gruumine

Thanks! I will let them know! Hopefully it will work for us! 

@Gruumine Tell them to try resending the code a half a dozen times and then apparently an option to send the code to email will eventually populate. 

Gruumine

OMG! This is such an amazing deal!!! I have just converted my wife and my plan. Unfortunately my kids is out of Canada and the 2 factor authentication isn’t allowing them to login and change their plan. Is there any way she can change her plan? Can she call customer service? Or ask for a rain check for when they come back in Canada?

@wcyy Don't change plans effective today or you'll lose everything you've prepaid until October 14th. Instead select the option to change your plan at next renewal, which will post date the change for you. As long as you schedule the change before the promo expires, you'll be fine.

All your existing loyalty rewards and whatnot will remain in effect. 

wcyy

Hi there,

I'm interested in switching my plan to $39/month with save $5/month with a 90-day subscription promo. My current subscription cycle is Jul 16, 2023 - Oct 14, 2023. Given this offer ends on September 11, what happens to the amount I paid? I still have one month left in my current subscription.

Another question - will this change of subscription affect the loyalty rewards I'm currently getting?

Thanks in advance!

PM_5G

Just switched to $102 (($39-5)*3) / 60Gb(20Gb*3) 3 mo. discounted plan from $39 20 Gb plan.

Can someone let me know if I will still get 5% cash back on the $ spent every 3 months? I checked and my referrals show on same day as renewal but point back have not shown up yet.  Thanks in advance!

Need Help? Let's chat.