cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: From Sep 23-30 - Get an extra $10 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mob

@darlicious wrote:

@Joelkim wrote:

This is an awesome promotion. Unfortunetly, I tried to inculcate my friend to switch to PM from Virgin and it didn't work well. She's paying the $50 plan for 4GB. 

@Joelkim   Your friend is paying $50 for 4gb with virgin? You couldn't convince her to pay either $40/5gb or $50/8.5gb? That's $28 and $38 for 6 months on rbc promo(+autopay)+ 5gb bonus data add on that rolls over and the $20 referral credit on top?

She is still thinking. I will hand this information to her. Thank you so much Smiley Very Happy

Re: From Sep 23-30 - Get an extra $10 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mob

@GinYVR wrote:

@JoelkimFor people paying in the $50 range there are way better options than Public Mobile.

She is paying for her dental treatment so I wanted to help her to save more money Smiley Very Happy

@GinYVR wrote:

@JoelkimFor people paying in the $50 range there are way better options than Public Mobile.

She is paying for her dental treatment so I wanted to help her to save more money Smiley Very Happy

The amount she has to pay is over $5500 - bone grafting, implant, add a donor's bone to her left side or others. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just remember both these offers end Sept 30th 11:59 Pm edt/est. Referral+bonus credit is easy just make sure she puts your referral code in the box halfway down the first activation page. Rbc promo  is as follows: activate online, choose any $40+ plan, put the promo code RBCREWARDS in the promo box on the "pick a plan" page. Once you do this you will see the plan chosen reduce in price by $10. Pay with a credit card. Set up autoPay to save $2 more every month. Here's the math:

$40/4.5gb+.5 auto Pay bonus (5gb)-$10rbc=$30(+tax) this is what you pay upfront. You will then be credited towards your next month $20 referral+bonus credit+$2autopay x2(This month & next)

$30-$24=$6 owing on the next month. First 2 months total $36+tax or $18/30 days months 3-6 will be $28/30 days+5gb bonus data add on that rolls over. Total for 6 months $148+tax that saves your friend a little over 50% off her current plan with 1gb extra/30days and the 5gb bonus add on. 

That's about 3% of her very expensive but very needed dental surgery every little bit helps to whittle away at the total...plus she saves the tax! Average $15-$25 depending where she lives.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sweet! I'll be sure to mention this to potential clients.

where does this show when viewing the payment?

Mayor / Maire

@kdh53 wrote:

where does this show when viewing the payment?

In your Available Funds.

There are two terms in use here:

reward = earned rewards that occur each renewal and appear in the rewards area of the self-serve page (except community reward which gets reset each month)

credit = money deposited in Available Funds.

The rewards automatically get converted into the Available Funds at renewal.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K  For convenience, I want to tell the person I'm referring to just go to Walmart to and activate in-store. Walmart is offering free SIMs for people who activate in-store.

However, this won't work for the promo, right? Because it says to activate online, as opposed to in-store...?

Not sure how it makes sense to add a restriction like that. Isn't Public Mobile happy to have new customers regardless of where they activate? And when in-store is offering free SIMs, it gets rid of the incentive for someone to avail of the promo because they'll be saving $10 on the SIM anyways.

If the person signs up in-store at Walmart, then I (the referrer) will only get the usual reward of $1 off per month, while the person I'm referring will save the equivalent of $20 (from the free SIM in-store—so the bonus doesn't actually make them better off because they'd have to spend $10 on a SIM to activate online and get the $10 extra bonus).

Is that correct or am I missing something?

@ooakosiryan 

If your friend activates in store and uses you as a referral, you're mostly one who loses out becauae you won't receive a $10 account credit.

Yes, the friend you refer will still receive a $10 account credit when activating at the store, but not the extra $10.  If the store isn't charging for sim cards, that's between that store and the new customer.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So it winds up being the same benefit to the new customer IF the dealer is offering a free SIM card which seems to come and go. Plus the new customer doesn’t have to Do it Themselves. Person making the referal doesn’t get extra $10 though. BUT, if grabbing the RBCREWARDS deal that also expires Sept 30, it too has to be done online (not by a dealer) and by the end of Monday (9PM Pacific Time) and has to be a $40 or higher plan for that particular deal.

Terry