cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[EXTENDED] FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

From March 19 - March 31 April 5 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

128 REPLIES 128

Robgsomm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I followed the instructions but never received an email with the promo information. Help!

@G6 

Yes stack it with the CCS offer.....you don't have to lose your number just suspend it for 85 days or so.... then suspend the new one and repeat!

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@G6  No, but if you're not attached to your current phone number you can always take advantage of the promo by activating a new sim card and plan. Then you can let your current plan and account deactivate by not making anymore payments to that account.

@G6 No because this is only for new customers.

G6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Am i eligible for this if i plan to upgrade from a $15 to $25 plan?

@susanjm 

The email reminder arrived in my inbox at 8:05 am pst this morning.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

This isn't an April Fool's Day joke....here's the reminder to activate e-mail from pm for this promotion. Arriving on what would have been the day after sign up ended had pm not extended the flash sale thru the easter weekend.

Screenshot_20210401-214551.png

@susanjm  What i see is that you should be eligible.  Please open a ticket with Mod as I mentioned above to confirm.

susanjm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

.@Triguy

Yes I did. And I activated with the same one. I've just edited my post to indicate that.

susanjm

.@softech

Yup. Did all those things. I'm not going to worry about it until I have to. I was just curious if anyone else had done and was seeing the same thing. Thanks! 

Did you submit your email address ?

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

@susanjm  just to confirm

did you submit your email, got the confirmation and use the same email to activate the new account?

If you did all the above steps, it's very easy to sort out with the Mod and get it back.

It didn't say within 30 days, but I think many will see the 2nd month free as a credit very soon.

You can open a ticket with mod to confirm your eligibility:  

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html, then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

susanjm

Anyone else sign up for this? It came out the day I activated. I signed up for the free second month and then activated my SIM with the same email address.

I was expecting to get an email confirming the fact that i had signed up for it and so I didn't take a screenshot of the confirmation that I was signed up for it. (I always take a screenshot and then delete it when the confirming email arrives - no idea why I didn't then 🙄)

Anyway, I was just looking at my account and there is no indication that I will get this anywhere to be seen. Anyone else in the same boat? Is this normal for this kind of promotion?

Susan

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is great news! I will spread the word and see if anyone I know wants to switch.

@softech wrote:

PM sales should always run at least 1 month.  With their 3 weeks+ SIM delivery, if people not aware and they order SIM directly from PM, by the time they receive the SIM, the promotion would be long gone.    🤣

Retailers like London Drugs and Walmart can sell SIM card and payment voucher, handle the activation and number port, even configure and test the phone before you walk out of the store - at no extra charge.

Though admittedly these retailers aren't located everywhere across Canada. And sometimes they are less informed, less cooperative, or less technically adept than they should be.

PM sales should always run at least 1 month.  With their 3 weeks+ SIM delivery, if people not aware and they order SIM directly from PM, by the time they receive the SIM, the promotion would be long gone.    🤣

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It was good of public mobile to extend the flash sale through the Easter long weekend. Maybe I can come up with another referral before it's over.

Stitch

Yes, I typed it in separately and didn't use the .com key at all....I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

@Stitch 

Are you 100% sure you are typing everything separately? I can even add one of my pm accounts email addresses but if I hit  the ".com" key you get that message.

Stitch

yes, that's what is on the screen

@Stitch 

Is this the message you are getting?

Screenshot_20210331-121602.png

@Stitch .

Hmmm....I can't figure out what you are doing wrong....clear your browser and reboot your device. Open one tab only using firefox, chrome or safari. Try again.

Stitch

I tried to redo it, but it says the email address is invalid....I tried using a different one yesterday before I finalized the activation, but it didn't go to either email address.  I did see on my account where I was given the $10 off for a friend referral, but not the 2nd month free.  

Thanks for all your help though....it is greatly appreciated....not very tech savy on this end...lol

@Stitch 

So you didn't get the above message? Try again but type every letter in individually. Do not use autofill. Don't even use the ".com" key. Then if its accepted cross your fingers to see if you recieve the 30 day credit before your renewal. If you don't contact the moderators after your renewal and ask for it to be added then.

public2021

Hi,

Your email adress was'nt accepted because your used it to suscribe tu public mobile. It's for new customer you have to use un email adress not already used for public mobile account.

Stitch

When I put my email address in, it sounded like my email wasn't accepted as a real email address, but I am receiving emails there, so I guess I will just wait and see.  I did get the $10 discount for signing up from a friend recommendation, so now will wait and see if the second month is free or not.

@Stitch 

As long as you registered your email and activated with the same one you are fine. You are not sent a confirmation. It appears on your screen after you hit submit.

Screenshot_20210328-151428.png

@Stitch wrote:

Yesterday I joined Public Mobile and tried to sign up for the extended Flash Sale, but it didn't send me a code....just wondering what I might have done wrong.

Hi @Stitch if you meant that you submitted your email and did not receive a confirmation message, submit another email.  First check your spam folder, it might be there.

extended flash sale .png

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

Stitch

Yesterday I joined Public Mobile and tried to sign up for the extended Flash Sale, but it didn't send me a code....just wondering what I might have done wrong.

Need Help? Let's chat.