Re: [EXTENDED] FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

...8:05 am pst this morning.

PDT? (sorry here we go again 😉)

5 REPLIES 5

@Nezgar 

Yeah I can't go back to winter.....I'm a lalala lander now!

@darlicious wrote:

This never makes sense to me....shouldn't we be saving daylight in the winter? And then there is the irony of a member from Saskatchewan educated me on the time change. ( Or as my late partner used to call it "Saskabush"!

Heheh, I was a lower mainlander until about 12 years ago now, so I know all too well the depression of "falling back" to standard time and suddenly being plunged into darkness by 3PM. Especially since the constant overcast clouds and mountains made it dark well before official sunset/sunrise times. Blech!! DST year round makes sense for Vancouver IMHO. It makes less sense for locations farther west and east such as the northwest & Haida Gwaii, and east...

I LOVE being able to see the sun set literally when it drops below the horizon when the GPS / weather apps say it will out here.. MAXIMUM utilization of daylight hours!! Plus Regina is in an odd place in relation to solar noon & time zone boundaries - Solar noon here is about 12:40PM, so we're already geographically kind of "half way" between two time zones, so even technically DST is less relevant.

@Nezgar 

This never makes sense to me....shouldn't we be saving daylight in the winter? And then there is the irony of a member from Saskatchewan educating me on the time change. ( Or as my late partner used to call it "Saskabush"!)🤣

@darlicious wrote:

Whoops is it daylight savings time not standard time? I get them mixed up!

PST (Pacific Standard Time UTC-8) in the winter, vs PDT (Pacific Daylight Time UTC-7) in the summer.

Join me in Saskatchewan where this madness is absent.. CST year round FTW!

The grammar geeks will also highlight "savings" should not be plural - with the "proper" expression being "Daylight saving time" (DST)... 😆

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

Whoops is it daylight savings time not standard time? I get them mixed up!

Need Help? Let's chat.