cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[EXTENDED] FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

From March 19 - March 31 April 5 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

128 REPLIES 128

@draken251 

The terms and conditions do say to register your email before you activate but as long as you registered once you got home hopefully the system will still just recognize the email as registered and apply it anyways. Cross your fingers and hope ts applied in the next 30 days. However if it isn't applied once your plan renews contact the moderators then and ask for it to be applied. They have been generous in the past and apply it as there are always customers that just get missed for no rhyme or reason anyhow.

draken251
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, I have a quick question. I went to activate a plan in-store today. How do I know if I am eligible for the flash sale. I had to transfer in an old phone number(waited 2 hours after activation) so I didn't have a chance to do the email thing before getting home.

@treefrog 

Yes that was my thinking exactly!

@prairiedogbob 

....and anyone else thinking of stacking these two deals or activating in store the owner indicated the offer in store must be  activated before March 31st or by 11:59:59pm est on March 30th 2021.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious 

I have checked out Canadian sell supplies for their cheap SIM cards but their activation deal is quite the offer you can really save a few extra dollars off your plan with public mobile by stacking the two that's for sure!

@prairiedogbob 

That's definitely something to look into if you're activating or you have a friend to refer.

@prairiedogbob 

See here...

Spoiler

Heres the lowdown....order the $50 plan from Canadian Cell supplies. They offer a 50% discount ($25) on your first month and a free sim card. Either have them activate it upon ordering or wait for it ti arrive in the mail (5 business days via Canada post.) If you intend to activate after recieving the sim card make sure you confirm with them that you will still qualify for the second 30 days free promotion if activating thru them after March 31st and make sure you have registered your email for the promo on pm's website. Then follow the CCS procedure for them to activate the sim card.

Once you are all set upon the $50 plan schedule a plan change (preferably after you recieve your $50 plan credit but you may have to wait til your renewal to recieve it so schedule it on day 29 if necessary) to the plan you want...$15 plan? If so the math will work out as follows :

You pay CCS $25+tax and recieve a free sim card and the $50/8.5gb plan. Pm will credit your account $50+$10 (bonus referral credit)+$4 ($2+$2=$4 autopay reward)=$64 You change to the $15 plan on your first renewal. $64-$15=$49+$2 (autopay)=$51-$15=$36+$2=$38-$15=$23 $23+$2=$25-$15=$10+$2=$12 You add $3 to your account=$15-$15=$0 That will cover your 6th month of service. Total cost for your first 180 fays of service is $25+$3=$28+tax depending on your provincial tax rate the total cost will range between $29.40 to $32.20.

carlaspapa

Nice to see Public Mobile put a few more flash sales on. Unlike last year where there was hardly any!

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@HALIMACS 

They have an offer? I'll go check it out....

@prairiedogbob wrote:

@darlicious 

What's the CCS offer?

canadiancellsupplies.com

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious 

What's the CCS offer?

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice! Have a friend ready to make the switch, I’ll let them know 

@GigsDonna 

Enter the two emails that you activated the accounts on. Then wait out the conditions (30 days) of the promotion to see if it is added to your account. If it is not then contact the moderators and ask them to add it to your account. Admitting your mistake now and asking it for it to added ahead of everyone else who has done it correctly is akin to shooting yourself in the foot.

@GigsDonna wrote:

Hi 

I just switch our 2 cell phones to Public Mobile hopefully this applies to us.

They didn't say anything about this Flash Sale.

Hi @GigsDonna as already suggested by @hTideGnow above, contact the Moderator_Team to help you.  There are cases like yours posted here in the forums but unfortunately I can't remember if they were able to get the Promo after activation.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Please keep up updated.  Thanks in advance

RosieR

@GigsDonna wrote:

Hi 

@GigsDonna  ,  Technically, you need to submit your email ahead and receive the confirmation and use the same email address to activate.

Not sure if you did that.  But you might also want to see if Mod and apply the Free 2nd month for you back.  Good Luck.

GigsDonna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@trinaalcrow7 wrote:

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

That's correct, @trinaalcrow7 

Did you have a question to go along with that?  🤔

trinaalcrow7

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

@Qurratul 

@Qurratul wrote:

Hi, 

I activated public mobile new sim yesterday in store and then registered it today with my email address, 

Can I get one month free offer?

This is happened to other customers in previous promotions.  Technically, you did not follow the exact terms and conditions (ie. need to register email prior to signing up).  You can wait  the 30 days to see whether you get credited the 2nd month free.  If not credited, you can contact moderator for help  Moderator will likely credited your account.  

Qurratul

Hi, 

I activated public mobile new sim yesterday in store and then registered it today with my email address, 

Can I get one month free offer?

treefrog

@Melinda_H 

I LOVE a good sale! Now if I could only get a few girlfriends to take shopping trip down the public mobile...

WoozyPolarBear

@AE_Collector wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear 

I think that is Apple devices that are “way ahead of their time” yet don't have any options other than monthly plans?

I don't, nor ever will have an apple made product. I use my pixel 5 on PM. Also, my AT&T plan is 1 month in duration, not 30 days.

@Melinda_H 

Thanks for the update so we can properly advise customers.

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

@computergeek541 I have clarification that this offer is also available for in-store activations until March 31st

@WoozyPolarBear 

I think that is Apple devices that are “way ahead of their time” yet don't have any options other than monthly plans? I have one too but honestly wonder how a company like Apple can be so stuck in a rut sometimes. Public Mobile isnt the odd one out here, most Prepaid Plans are 30 day plans.

I put a simple App called “Dataflow” on the two iPhones in this household, set it for 30 day renewal and done. It seems pretty accurate as well. One inaccuracy attributable to Public Mobile will be that their plans renew at midnight Eastern so with me being in BC there may be a three hour discrepancy in reset times.

AE_Collector

@WoozyPolarBear 

I understand your wish..... but is it that much of a hassle to adjust your tracking dates upon renewal when necessary?

WoozyPolarBear

@Korth wrote:

Choices basically boil down to working within (or around) Public Mobile's 30-day billing system ... or ... taking your business somewhere else which uses a monthly billing system.

AutoPay or a "one month" prepaid fund buffer aren't real inconveniences.

I realize some people balance their "monthly" budgets on a precarious edge. But there's really no difference in paying today vs paying tomorrow unless you always leave things unattended (and get distracted by problems on) the very last day.

Any good business will listen to feedback from their customers...and this is all I was simply doing, giving some feedback. It's not a money thing, nor even a just a billing date thing...I like to have my phone keep an accurate tally of data usage, and my phone does this on a monthly basis...not a 30 days basis.

@AE_Collector 

Its clearly defined when its stated online or in store activations. What they need to do is add to:

Activate online only.....in store activations ars not eligible for this promotion. When applicable.....

Choices basically boil down to working within (or around) Public Mobile's 30-day billing system ... or ... taking your business somewhere else which uses a monthly billing system.

AutoPay or a "one month" prepaid fund buffer aren't real inconveniences.

I realize some people balance their "monthly" budgets on a precarious edge. But there's really no difference in paying today vs paying tomorrow unless you always leave things unattended (and get distracted by problems on) the very last day.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

But for the rest of society, hasn't every day really become a 'business' day?  (sadly...)   

Sure. Ok. Then drop the superfluous word "business". It's just everyday then. So 30 days. Why make any other distinction. What's that for the grammar police - an adjective?

Exactly! In a world where so many cant even write in full unabbreviated words to avoid confusion why add the long word “Business” in front of a short word “days” when all it does is ADD CONFUSION. Month versus 30 days is fairly insignificant EXCEPT using it in advertising to attract mainly new to PM customers... it just adds confusion that we hear about later here in the community.

And one more...this is another “Activate online” offer. Fair enough but “Online” is one of those words you see and hear everywhere in the 21st century. I suspect large numbers of potential new PM customers do NOT read that and say to themselves “Okay, I need t o get a SIM card and do this myself at home rather than just having the sales guy who sells me the SIM card do it when he offers”. This needs to be MUCH more clearly spelled out wit hat minus the statement “Must be a DIY home activation, not a Dealer activation”.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.