cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[EXTENDED] FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

From March 19 - March 31 April 5 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

128 REPLIES 128

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

This can happen just make a payment to your account on the 8th of every month.  The funds will just sit in your Available Funds until needed on your renewal date

That's not the spirit of what I meant. I would like to pay for service on the same date every month...AND have the service run between the same says of every month...like pretty much every other service I have already. Cable, Netflix, Xbox Game Pass, etc. all have 1 month service periods.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

A month is 30.44 days on average. Public Mobile has been undercutting us by 0.44 days/month. I really wish PM would move away from 30 day plans to pure 1 month plans 

I don't understand why PM uses 30 days cycle.  I think Chatr and Lucky both going with monthly. It is not the money for the 0.44 days but more the fact that it is a bit hard to track

Exactly...I just want the same billing date on a monthly basis. Bill me on the 8th of every month...not having the billing date creep forward over time.

This can happen just make a payment to your account on the 8th of every month.  The funds will just sit in your Available Funds until needed on your renewal date

While that can be done, there's still the possibility that service could get cut off (months with more than 30 days).   To ensure that doesn't happen, a customer on a 30 day plan would need to always have an extra 30 day plan payment sitting in the account to act as a buffer.

HE'S ALIVE!!

@ShawnC13 

Lol....I was thinking the same thing!

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

A month is 30.44 days on average. Public Mobile has been undercutting us by 0.44 days/month. I really wish PM would move away from 30 day plans to pure 1 month plans 

I don't understand why PM uses 30 days cycle.  I think Chatr and Lucky both going with monthly. It is not the money for the 0.44 days but more the fact that it is a bit hard to track

Exactly...I just want the same billing date on a monthly basis. Bill me on the 8th of every month...not having the billing date creep forward over time.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nezgar a little sloppy is public mobile's catch phrase these days in general.

good to see the promos continue though.

The offer page is also a little sloppy because the metadata seems to have text from a prior promotion, which shows up when linking in chat apps (in this case Slack)

Screenshot_20210320-100944~3.png

I sure hope the current offer applies to the $15 plan! It should according to the OP of this thread.....

@Nezgar wrote:

Was reviewing the promo page and noticed this:

"Submit your email below between March 19-31, 2020. Make sure to activate with this email address by April 16, 2021."

Also notice the URL says "fs2020"

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/sk/fs2020

So if you signed up before Mar 19 maybe this is your chance to make a claim on the promo to the mods using their own fine print haha..

Good eye...                 

How to get the offer

Was reviewing the promo page and noticed this:

"Submit your email below between March 19-31, 2020. Make sure to activate with this email address by April 16, 2021."

Also notice the URL says "fs2020"

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/sk/fs2020

So if you signed up before Mar 19 maybe this is your chance to make a claim on the promo to the mods using their own fine print haha..

RachelC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

susanjm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Excellent timing for me ... thank you 😊 My SIM arrived on Thursday ... so glad that I waited until Friday afternoon to activate!

WoozyPolarBear

I have more than 1 line. One line is paid for about 5 years now. My other line is the one I have to pay every 30 days.

@darlicious wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear 

You've spent all that credit already? It took me a couple of months last summer to get used to the fact I don't have to worry about my "billing" date(s).....its covered!

@WoozyPolarBear 

You've spent all that credit already? It took me a couple of months last summer to get used to the fact I don't have to worry about my "billing" date(s).....its covered!

WoozyPolarBear

@Anonymous wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear : Fun with math. I worked on the $50 plan.

50/month * 12 months = 600/year for a monthly plan

365.25 days / 30 day terms = 12.175 terms

50/term * 12.175 = 608.75/year

8.75 difference / 12.175 = 0.72 extra per term based on the $50 plan

🙂

I'll gladly pay an extra $1/month to get a consistent billing date.

WoozyPolarBear

@hTideGnow wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WoozyPolarBear : Fun with math. I worked on the $50 plan.

50/month * 12 months = 600/year for a monthly plan

365.25 days / 30 day terms = 12.175 terms

50/term * 12.175 = 608.75/year

8.75 difference / 12.175 = 0.72 extra per term based on the $50 plan

🙂

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@RachelC 

Hopefully you followed @Anonymous instructions or basically the terms and conditions of the promotion (except of course you activated first). These email registrations are hit and miss if you get a follow up email reminding you to activate......keep following this thread for updates. Chances are you will qualify if you register your email and activate in the same day. Now cross your fingers.....and wait.

WoozyPolarBear

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  I guess we could take issues with the word month too since one only gets second 30 days free 🙂

A month is 30.44 days on average. Public Mobile has been undercutting us by 0.44 days/month. I really wish PM would move away from 30 day plans to pure 1 month plans and let us have renewal days on a consistent date each month. It's my most annoying pet peeve of using Public Mobile. I'd even pay the extra 0.44 days each calendar month compared to what I pay now.

We have to make sure they don't  order SIM from PM.   By the time they get the SIM from PM, the offer would be long gone.  🙂

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Will promote it then!

cynthialing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great news!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RachelC : From past promos using this email submission form, submit the same email address you used when you activated today...case and all...take a screenshot ... and then wait. When your renewal comes up watch to see if it gets applied. It may not. Contact the moderators to credit your account after the renewal. I've read many stories of something like this working for many others with the previous promos. Username @darlicious would be more clear on the exact steps if I'm off.

RachelC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I saw this after I activated a Public Mobile SIM card this afternoon. Am I still getting this offer? If so, how to make it happen?

Thanks,

Rachel

@kaytus 

Flash sales are always for new activations whereas limited time offers will often include current customers. You are not prevented from taking advantage of this offer....I am almost tempted to take advantage of it when combined with another in market offer.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

New Customer again!!!

Anyway, hope more flash sale for the existing customer...

Have a wonderful weekend.

@HALIMACS wrote:

LOL, but isn't every day a business day at public mobile???  

I have to agree... We will all  be in BIG trouble if PM follow us for a 5 days work week  🙂

@esjliv 

The CCS offer comes to mind.....

@Melinda_H 

At Flash Sale (publicmobile.ca),

the website states:  

"Submit your email below between March 19 - 31 and activate by April 16 using the same email address, and you’ll get your second month of service for $0 when you activate on any plan, online and in-store."

At the bottom of the plan pages under terms and condition, the website says:

"Effective March 19 2021 until March 31 2021 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who submit their email address online between March 19 and March 31, and then activate online using the same email address they submitted on this page by April 16 2021 at 11:59PM ET. Offer is stackable with other promotions."

Is this offer also avaialble for in-store activations until April 16 or is it for only online activations from April 1 to 16?

@walker1 wrote:

Is this offer stackable with other in market offers?

@walker1 according to the Terms and Conditions - Yes

esjliv_0-1616191166971.png

What other promotions are going on, if you know of any?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walker1 : It doesn't say no but ... what other offers? The current plans are selectable anyway.

Need Help? Let's chat.