cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPIRED: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

ANNOUNCEMENT: This promo plan is now expired and no longer available.

Hey Community,

Hot diggity! We’ve got another special announcement for you!  For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering an incredible promotion where you can get unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB on a 90-day plan for $165 ($55/month).  Not to mention you get all of this on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.  

Looking for ways to save a little more? Don’t forget about all the Rewards you can earn.  Sign up for AutoPay when you activate and you can earn another $2 off your payment every 30 days.  

Check out the full details below.  If there ever was a time to get your friends or family to join, now would be it!

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan. The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  Just make sure you future date your rate plan while the promotion is available because once it’s gone, you won’t be able to get it!

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promo, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

263 REPLIES 263

@paulie wrote:

@Samianauman wrote:
You got that right @paulie
We all way too passionate and let's see if my reply will create page no 12 lol

Bingo 😉

Page 12 created at 12 (am) !

Eastern only Smiley Tongue

@paulie

That's what you called a perfect timing 

and that's why I like to be here at community forum we all here like a family to help each other great place I have no issues with pm and pm plans lol 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Samianauman wrote:

Bingo 😉

Page 12 created at 12 (am) !

Bingo 😉
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

paulie

@Samianauman wrote:
Lol this topic getting pretty lengthy 11 pages already 😉

Soon to be 12 pages !   Awesome passion for PublicMobile !

lol @Shutdown what massive discount? On a new piece of hardware the best the big3 ever give is $200 off (less if phone is new). Freedom doesn't give anything off unless phone is old.

They all are doing tab systems where you pay more than cost of phone over a period of time

@Shutdown wrote:

@pckku your forgetting the fact that they'd get a massive discount on a new phone too though. That would make up for the difference. Assuming your the type to upgrade phones every 2 years.

Lol this topic getting pretty lengthy 11 pages already 😉

Shutdown

@pckku your forgetting the fact that they'd get a massive discount on a new phone too though. That would make up for the difference. Assuming your the type to upgrade phones every 2 years.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

IMG_0060.PNG

Looks like they are trying to target the Big 3.

There is no guarantee that there will be another fall promo or any promo that offers the pricing of the 12gb $120

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

X-Files

Same option as fall promo and pay $15 more, should  been Canada-wide talk not just Province talk  make more sense, otherwise wait a NEW fall promo^_^ ?

Yawsug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@pckku wrote:

Rogers currently has a promotion for their 12 Gb data, Canada-wide calls, and unlimited messaging, share everything plan for $135/month, and 2nd line adds $40 for a total of $175/month for two users. With this Rogers plan, two can share the 12 Gb data and say 6Gb each at $87.50 per person average. With our current plan, PM charges $201 per 90 days or $67 per month for 4 Gb, Canada-wide calling, unlimited messaging. So, for $20 more with Rogers, you'll get 2 Gb more data (6 Gb) each user but with flexibility of sharing 12 Gb of data with the 2nd line, plus Rogers roam-like-home offers and other perks, and no throttling. Likely you will get a deal with Rogers if you plan to sign up for a term. I don't see with the current 4 Gb for $55 offer from PM is targetting those customers from the Big 3. One major reason is PM does NOT offer any data plan higher than 4 Gb per month at the moment.

@pckku, that is a good deal but I think some information is missing.  The plan you listed is 10GB +2 GB bonus (with fine print that it is limited time and can change without notice) and if you set up autopay it works out to $65 a month on PM.  Now even without the bonus this is still 5GB a month per user for  cheaper then the PM plan and 1GB addon so this could work for a group of people yes.  The rogers is a 2 year contract so staying with PM that same 2 years will also lower your bill another $1 a month (first year nothing second year $12) for their loyalty plan.  I finding this discussion almost as polarizing as Politics Woman Surprised

Yawsug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This may not be as good as the fall promo but it is still better then what I had at Rogers and I would still have switched.  I understand it doesn't work for all and there are many options out there.  But for some this is a great deal and I am sure many will take advantage of it.

pckku
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Rogers currently has a promotion for their 12 Gb data, Canada-wide calls, and unlimited messaging, share everything plan for $135/month, and 2nd line adds $40 for a total of $175/month for two users. With this Rogers plan, two can share the 12 Gb data and say 6Gb each at $87.50 per person average. With our current plan, PM charges $201 per 90 days or $67 per month for 4 Gb, Canada-wide calling, unlimited messaging. So, for $20 more with Rogers, you'll get 2 Gb more data (6 Gb) each user but with flexibility of sharing 12 Gb of data with the 2nd line, plus Rogers roam-like-home offers and other perks, and no throttling. Likely you will get a deal with Rogers if you plan to sign up for a term. I don't see with the current 4 Gb for $55 offer from PM is targetting those customers from the Big 3. One major reason is PM does NOT offer any data plan higher than 4 Gb per month at the moment.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

This is not a bad deal. It's good to see how much the market is going to react to this;

Edit: just noticed that it is provincial calling only and not Canada Wide, very hard to sell and recommend 😞

@theoc198, ok see your point but yes you can negotiate on TV's a lot of retailers will negotiate on  pricing.  Appliances you can as well.

I agree everyone can give feedback but when there are multiple posts in a thread of the same person posting at every reply with how bad of a deal it is why waste the energy

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

theoc198

@ShawnC13 Not the same thing at all. TV manufacturers actually compete with eachother. In Canada one provider raises fees and all others follow. With that said it's still not the same thing since for a TV you can't negotiate a plan. For cell phone service, because website prices are so overpriced on Bell, Rogers, and Telus, you can. People are not paying website pricing on Rogers, Bell, Telus for internet, tv, or cell phones. No one does.

With that said this is an ok plan. It's not going to draw in may customers but there are a few people that can benefit from this plan. Everyone can still give feedback to Public Mobile and complain about it.

@kav2001c
Agreed really want to see a plan with Canada USA calling and data would be great promo option I don't mind paying bit more

@Jeremy_M hint for next promo; a Canada or Canada/US calling plan + data

Make it happen Cat Wink

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@ShawnC13 How did you know? That's exactly what I would say. Then I would wait until Boxing Day again.

@Andy1000, just because that was the price last time doesn't mean it will be the price everytime.  This is still a good plan.  If you were to go into an electronics store and they have a TV on sale are you going to say "This isn't the price you had at Boxing Day"  Sales/Promos do not always mean same price

Andy1000
This should of been Canada-wide talk not just province talk.
Last promo you had this plan for $120

Harvir_K

The price stays the same. But if you sign up with auto pay you pay $2 less every month.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Edited

Hey @ldonat

Thanks for this great question! 

If you select and activate this plan before the promo ends, this plan and this price will automatically renew at the end of your cycle.

Cheers, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

ldonat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I buy this for 3 months, can I pay the same amount 3 months from now or does the price go up?

That's why I suggested so many time download app my data management app so you can keep a eye on data pretty awesome app to track data usage IMG_0113.PNG

paulie

@Luddite wrote:

@CoolCanada I'm late to the game in this thread but I am confused by your need to monitor data as you cannot exceed your limit or be charged extra. Or is it because you don't want to "run out'? If so, does this idea help: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Add-ability-in-self-serve-system-to-renew-e...

It's more for some crazy rogue app eating up your data unknowingly.  Kind of like if you don't shut your water tap off properly, the water water is consumed (wasted). Or leaving a light on, wasted electricity and more $ to your bill.  

And yes to "running out".  Would be great to have Addon data at a much cheaper rate.

@CoolCanada I'm late to the game in this thread but I am confused by your need to monitor data as you cannot exceed your limit or be charged extra. Or is it because you don't want to "run out'? If so, does this idea help: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Add-ability-in-self-serve-system-to-renew-e...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@NDesai wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

This was all my thought when they first introduced this plan to us. I was the one not happy about even though i am not on their 4GB plan. I am on the old grandfathered plan as i don't need more data right now. Those who are comparing to the old promo, too bad you missed out. They had it running for over a month and too bad people treated PM as no frill brand until now.

What i think is that due to other lower data pricing, rarely anyone was probably activating on the old 12gb pricing. So, now they decided to lower the price but called it a promo which i think they shouldn't have because technically its kinda price drop for limited time. What most people treat "promo" is that it has to be a good deal and has to be matched or lower then competitors or past promos. That thinking is such bu**. They are definitely offering lower price then competitors, so activate or not, they are not forcing you to. Just be thankful that we have Canada wide carrier that offers lower pricing and does not differentiate provinces or cities. 

I agree, you snooze you lose to those who missed out on the 2016 fall promo.  Such is human nature, when the promo is available the prognosticators come out of the closet to debate whether a better priced plan will come out.  Only when it's gone do they realize they missed out on something good.

As for the negative reviews, this is an open forum, we are free to express our opinions.  There's no incentive to shill for Public Mobile.  In fact to the contrary, they might get the impression that they really hit the mark.  I suppose actual uptake is the best measure.  Judging by activity on this forum, the latest promos are a big miss.  

@NDesai wrote:

This was all my thought when they first introduced this plan to us. I was the one not happy about even though i am not on their 4GB plan. I am on the old grandfathered plan as i don't need more data right now. Those who are comparing to the old promo, too bad you missed out. They had it running for over a month and too bad people treated PM as no frill brand until now.

What i think is that due to other lower data pricing, rarely anyone was probably activating on the old 12gb pricing. So, now they decided to lower the price but called it a promo which i think they shouldn't have because technically its kinda price drop for limited time. What most people treat "promo" is that it has to be a good deal and has to be matched or lower then competitors or past promos. That thinking is such bu**. They are definitely offering lower price then competitors, so activate or not, they are not forcing you to. Just be thankful that we have Canada wide carrier that offers lower pricing and does not differentiate provinces or cities. 

Need Help? Let's chat.