cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPIRED: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

ANNOUNCEMENT: This promo plan is now expired and no longer available.

Hey Community,

Hot diggity! We’ve got another special announcement for you!  For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering an incredible promotion where you can get unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB on a 90-day plan for $165 ($55/month).  Not to mention you get all of this on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.  

Looking for ways to save a little more? Don’t forget about all the Rewards you can earn.  Sign up for AutoPay when you activate and you can earn another $2 off your payment every 30 days.  

Check out the full details below.  If there ever was a time to get your friends or family to join, now would be it!

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan. The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  Just make sure you future date your rate plan while the promotion is available because once it’s gone, you won’t be able to get it!

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promo, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

263 REPLIES 263

More_Chaos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren

"It depends" is what I would like to answer on many survey questions (along with "not applicable"), then give me a comment box LOL.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@More_Chaos yes--although my main point in the context of the recent discussions here was that the value of the add-ons really depends.  If you're on a regular non-promo plan and it only costs you $15/90 to upgrade to Canada wide, your "break even" point on that move is about one $15 add-on (400 minutes) over 90 days.  If you need more than approx 133 mins a month, then you'd be better off to upgrade your plan.  However, if you're on a promo plan, that break even point in terms of spendature is a lot different.  In the case of the fairly extreme example I gave, the differential on the plan change would be $120/90 days, which would be enough to buy you EIGHT $15 400-min add-ons.  In this example, you would need to need, on average, more then (8 * 400) / 3 or approximately 1,066 mins of long distance per month in order to make the plan change worth the $.  

Like the answer to just about every question in life if you really think about it, the answer here is: "it depends".  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

More_Chaos

@srlawren

Ah! I get it now! You mean if the promo were applied across the board (for nation-wide vs province-wide talk, or whichever item we wished to be comparing), then the promo would be an extra bonus. Thanks for clarifying!

srlawren

@More_Chaos oh okay sorry it's a bit unclear.

If there is no promo option currently available, the plan difference between prov-wide talk and canada-wide talk is $15/90 days, with all other options (text, data chosen) remaining equal.  

However, when PM offer up a promo plan, it is always for a *specific* talk option (thus far, always province-wide talk), a *specific* text option (so far always global texting), and a *specific* data amount (so far either none or 12GB/90).  The particular plan they offer up at that time includes a greater discount than the same plan would include without the promo.  There is NO substitutions on any of the talk/text/data options.  If you want to choose something different, say Canada-wide talk instead of the prov-wide included in the promo, you lose the entire additional discount that the promo provides.  So what this means is that if you have promo plan prov-wide+global+12gb and compare that to non-promo canada-wide+global+12, the price difference is the $15 PLUS whatever the promo discount amount is.  

So for a practical example, let's say you joined PM during the recent FM->PM promo plan, or last fall's promo plan.  In those cases, you would currently be paying $120 (- any rewards, + tax) for your 90 day, prov-wide, global text, 12gb plan.  Today, if you wanted to switch to the 90 day, canada-wide, global, 12gb LTE data plan, the cost is $240 (- any rewards, + tax).  Meaning, instead of costing you $15 more, it would cost you $120 more over 90 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@More_Chaos wrote:

@kav2001c@srlawren

Nono, I got that first bit, it was the last bit about if there was a $15/90 promo that confused me, because the numbers didn't actually change...why would people go for such a "promo" is my question.

The base cost of the plan should be cheaper for 90 days vs 30 days... But the cost difference for adding national calling vs provincial calling is the same per 30 days, no matter whether you choose a 90 day or 30 day plan.

More_Chaos

@kav2001c@srlawren

Nono, I got that first bit, it was the last bit about if there was a $15/90 promo that confused me, because the numbers didn't actually change...why would people go for such a "promo" is my question.

@More_Chaos he was calculating the difference in cost per month vs cost per long distance minutes

In other words for most people (like myself) it is cheaper to buy the long distance add on and use it for the minutes when you need it (we just prefer to have Canada wide or US wide unlimited for peace of mind, it actually costs far more long term)

More_Chaos

@srlawren

I agree with the simplicity comment.

I'm confused about the last comment about $15/90 province-wide promo, isn't that the same? Am I misreading something?

srlawren

@More_Chaos yes, that's the advice we hand out when asked on the community, too.  Some people do have a legitimate need for more Canada-wide minutes than would be practical to accomodate with the add-ons.  And there is a segment of the market that just wants the peace of mind of just having the calls available without having to worry about how many minutes credit they have left.  Simplicity can be valuable.  

Much like @Rockdaddy22, I think a PM promo including Canada-wide talk would be VERY popular.  Even though I probably don't need it myself, I do understand the appeal.

EDIT: I should add:  when comparing Canada-wide vs. Province-wide on non-promo plans, the difference is $5/30 days or $15/90.  So, if you typically need 400 mins or less of long distance every 90 days, the add-ons are advantageous.  But if you typically need more, it would be more economical to be in the plan.  However, the prom plans to date have all only included province-wide talk, making the price differential very high.  I do think if there was a promo that was $15/90 more than the province-wide promos we've seen, it would be popular.

More_Chaos

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
It's definitely a worthy promo just not as much as last time lol. I'm still waiting for a promo with national calling, that'll bring in people that wouldn't consider PM otherwise.

@Rockdaddy22

But how often are you actually making nation wide calling? If not that often, I find the long distance add-on is a good deal since you're not paying every month for it, and it lasts as long as you have minutes left on the add-on. I got the 400 international minutes (includes nation wide and US), and I've only used 2 minutes since January of this year. If you're travelling out of province and make local calls in that area, they're local minutes. If you want to call home when travelling out of province, how long do you realistically plan on talking on the phone?

More_Chaos

@SD08 wrote:

@More_Chaos wrote:
@SD08, @kav2001c

Thanks for the tips guys... hope I'm doing it right... not sure how to do the embedded quote.

@More_Chaos

Looks like you got the tagging right.

As for the embedded quote, like I did with your post here, you would first of all use the 'Reply' button (not 'Quick Reply' as this doesn't give you the option to quote someone).  Then you would simply hit the big black 'Quote' button before typing anything else.  A copy of the other person's post would appear just like yours did here.  When you type your reply, make sure your text appears outside the grey vertical bar on the left side that indicates the quoted text.

@SD08

Thanks! Got it 🙂 Sorry, I'm really bad with keeping up with forums, especially since I don't like following them on a browser on my phone (how's that app going, PM?)... I'm rarely on my laptop now that my phone is so versatile...

brobinson5662

@justmag Glad I could help!

justmag

brobinson5662 explained how to switch from your current plan to the promo plan after your billing cycle end. I was not clear on that until he explained it.

Rockdaddy22
I think they might have been referring to the loyalty reward but not certain 🙂

srlawren

@justmag wrote:

I am glad you mentioned that, I was a bit curious about this. Thank you

@justmag sorry--you're glad whom mentioned what?  

justmag

I am glad you mentioned that, I was a bit curious about this. Thank you

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I also love the loyalty reward 🤑 You actually get rewarded for being a loyal customer.

@Rockdaddy22 - Agreed!

... But how sad is it that we expect to not be rewarded as a loyal customer and that we are surprised when we are!!!??? Smiley Frustrated

srlawren

@Nerko please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions before making your decision. The community is here to help!

Rockdaddy22
Great advice

Usually, if all the information provided is correct (ideally account number provides the best match), the port proceeds automatically. Could take 20 minutes up to a couple of hours...

Also, if I were you, I would not proceed before tomorrow at 10 AM, since they are having a system maintenance tonight and mods wold not be able to help you if there was a problem.

Finally, starting the process in the morning will help you to finish it faster, since if there was a problem mods would be online and able to help you!

Nerko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
If I was going to do phone number transfer from rogers to public mobile today, how long does it take to take over? It gets activated right away?

Rockdaddy22
I also love the loyalty reward 🤑 You actually get rewarded for being a loyal customer.

brobinson5662
@Nerko don't forget to put your family's numbers in for the referral to get those sweet rewards!

Rockdaddy22
That's the the plan I first started with a long time ago. It's definitely still a great plan, then you'll be ready for the next promo 🙂

brobinson5662
Also, if you get the 2GB plan now and a better promo comes along you can switch into the promo very easily. It will take effect at your next billing renew, even if that takes place after the promo ends. This is of course assuming that you future dated the new plan (i.e. Opted in during the promo)

This is what I did for the $55 dollar plan, I signed on for the $40 and then the $55 came out a week later. I went into my account and switched to the $55, I wait out the rest of the 90 days on the $40 plan and when my billing cycle ends I will have the $55 plan 🙂

Hope that helps!

It's still a 90 day plan. So pick 90 days, province wide, and 6gb. You'll have 6gb to use over the 90 days. So an average of 2gb a month. If you enable autopay. You'll save $6 over the 90 days. Better to start off now, and if a better deal comes along you can switch to that.

Just remember everything here is prepaid. Not postpaid if you were doing that with rogers

Harvir_K

Everyday plan

Nerko
That still sounds good actually for now, $40 for 2 gb.
Is this a everyday plan or this has an expiry as well?

depending on your plan with rogers, you could get the same plan, but with 2gb instead of 4gb for $40. Not a "steal of a deal", but an option for you. With auto pay it would be $38

You could also hang onto the SIM cards until a new promo deal comes up. There could be something coming up on Canada day, but im not entirely sure. I would suspect at least something for Canada 150.

Nerko
That's too bad. Now I'm stuck with Rogers again and 4 sim cards that I don't need.
Any other promo coming up or anything else that can be offered?
Need Help? Let's chat.