cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPIRED: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

ANNOUNCEMENT: This promo plan is now expired and no longer available.

Hey Community,

Hot diggity! We’ve got another special announcement for you!  For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering an incredible promotion where you can get unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB on a 90-day plan for $165 ($55/month).  Not to mention you get all of this on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.  

Looking for ways to save a little more? Don’t forget about all the Rewards you can earn.  Sign up for AutoPay when you activate and you can earn another $2 off your payment every 30 days.  

Check out the full details below.  If there ever was a time to get your friends or family to join, now would be it!

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan. The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  Just make sure you future date your rate plan while the promotion is available because once it’s gone, you won’t be able to get it!

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promo, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

263 REPLIES 263

Harvir_K
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is this correct. Is this because of the promo.
IMG_0989.PNG

RogerI

Yes, a little disappointing. I just missed the last $40 special. (by a few days!) I was hoping for a repeat, maybe at $45. But, $55 is too much. Maybe next time. Still sticking with PM, however.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I wasn't hoping for Fall promo pricing but $55 is hardly promotion worthy. $45 IMO would have definitely gotten everyone fired up.

CalvinW
@theoc198 Couldn't agree more, all the people that are in support of this promo are already on the Fall promo. I should have stayed with Fido. Going to see if I can get my legacy plan back.

@WearySky wrote:

@CalvinW and then your natural response should be "It sure was!  But is it cheaper than what you're paying now?  If so, still worth it."  I've already got at least 2 folks interested in switching over right now.

Barring a sudden appearance of a Delorean, "it was cheaper 6 months ago" isn't really much of an excuse not to sign up now, if you don't have a cheaper option available in market.

It may take a Delorean to get the 2016 fall promotion.  However, it doesn't take one to remember how cheap it used to be and so this long term memory is an impediment to people getting in on this deal.  As I said, I would not recommend it to anyone I know. 

theoc198

This is a disapointing Promo plan especially since Public Mobile is still throttled. It's the exact same plan as the one offered back in November for $15 more. Public Mobile could have easily at least thrown in Unlimited Canada Wide calling at this increaed price point. 

Even Fido was offering current customers $50 for 5 gb plans with Canada Wide calling. And Fido has international roaming, no throttling, and phone customer support.

Going by the reaction to the plan on Redflagdeals I doubt that many people will sign up. The last $40 plan absolutely destoryed Wind's financial quarter. I doubt that many people will sign up for this.

If you close to renewal date then you can click on plan change and changed but you will lose whatever fund or time you have left in account and have to top up again according to the new plan or you can setup future plan change date but you only able to get a promo plan if promo still run until your future date if promo over then you won't be able to get it

Check that link maybe you will find some answer
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Changing-plan-during-the-90-days/m-p/147...
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Bmadriaga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
How do i change my plan into this promo

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Well, with the ruling from CRTC on Videotron on the Unlim Music, well Data caps should either be scrapped, or raise Data cap for reduced fee

WearySky

@CalvinW PM has never promised that they'd bring back the $40 plan.  I frankly don't know if they ever will, to be honest, based on all the other providers jacking up their prices.

There's always Koodo's Quebec plans (which can be easily, legally obtained by anybody in Canada by jumping through a few simple hoops), if you're really that fired up to get a cheap plan.

CalvinW
I recently left Fido even though they had $50 4GB for legacy customers, thinking the grass would be greener on the other side. I guess not... Stuck without a good plan now, really got screwed over big time.

@WearySky exactly, seeing as how exepnsive phone plans are in BC and Ontario for instance, it is still a very good deal. Even better if you somehow manage to rack of $15 in rewards, so it really is the $40 promo plan from fall. Id rather pay $55 for 4gb rather than $60 for 1gb 

WearySky

@CalvinW and then your natural response should be "It sure was!  But is it cheaper than what you're paying now?  If so, still worth it."  I've already got at least 2 folks interested in switching over right now.

Barring a sudden appearance of a Delorean, "it was cheaper 6 months ago" isn't really much of an excuse not to sign up now, if you don't have a cheaper option available in market.

CalvinW

It's also pretty hard getting referral credits for this. When I text my friends about it, they just ask wasn't it $40 a few months back.

CalvinW

@stonechucker Well, this would be true if there was never a Fall promo. But there are  people like me who missed out on it. I could never justify myself paying $15 more for the same service. 

CalvinW

Or a discount for the 6GB plan would have been nice. Turned out it was just a glitch.

Rustynayl

I was paying $186 for the 12GB plan.. so of course I'd happily jump onto this one and save $21.. but yeah, was definitely hoping for another $120 plan.. 

I can't understand all the hate on this plan.  As others have said, it's still better than IN MARKET plans available in Ontario, BC and possibly others.

Yes, I have the old promo, and will not give it up, but if I was paying what I was paying before coming to Public Mobile, it's a no brainer.

Essentially a cash for service of 90 days.  No credit check, no overages, and 12 GB of data for 90.  THere are lots of people who would love to switch if they know about it.

@Watoko
I know we got lucky I have a strong feeling pm won't be offering this plan in future
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Watoko

Glad I got in on the $40/month promo. Simply unbeatable!

pakmode

Let's see how well received this promo is versus others the past year. 

@CalvinW wrote:

@will13am Haha exactly what I thought, even my grandma knows about the $40 Fall promo.

Lol.  I have a very good feeling that the way Canadian carriers value a gig of days like gold is going the way of the dinosaurs.  It's not a matter of if but when.  We have things like self driving cars waiting to be deployed.  I can't imagine that kind of technology working on 500 megs of data a month.  Politicians are the impediment to this technology, not mobile data.

@will13am, so did I!!  I would have swtiched my wife to teh 90 day Prov calling global text and 6gb data for $86!!  But was a glitch and it is actually same price I pay for the 12gb

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

You might have read through the posts on this thread that there was a display glitch on our pricing calculator - It has now been resolved.

Thank you for your patience!

Awe, I was going to try and sign up for these discounted plans myself. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

You might have read through the posts on this thread that there was a display glitch on our pricing calculator - It has now been resolved.

Thank you for your patience!

CalvinW

@WearySky Thanks for confirming the price. This is a bit ironic considering Dave's recent post about the issues that were fixed. Not being mean or anything. Just frustrated I waited half a year for such an unappealing plan.

@WearySky, I am with you on them not being there yet with the system.  Currently the page to change plans in selfserve is down.    So there is still some work to do on the back end before they are ready for another HUGE promo

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

WearySky

@CalvinW when I checked yesterday, this plan was $62, I think.  So yeah, this isn't a tremendous discount.  My understanding is that they're not planning on another big promo until they get the system glitches all sorted, and a proper ticketing system in place, and I don't think these things are done yet.

CalvinW

@xCameron94x $15 isn't a small jump. If it was $45, I would still be fine. If it was $50, then it would be the same as what I got with Fido. I only jumped to PM because I was under the notion that there would be another promo. I wasn't expecting Fall Promo prices since that was just to get their name out there for PM. But $55? This ought to be a joke. Wasn't the regular price $60 a month? Don't get me wrong, I still like some of their plans. I just recently got my parents on their $25 talk and text plan.

WearySky

4GB/$55 is still better than just about any other plan available outside of the provinces that have strong regional carriers (Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec).  And the self-service portal certainly seems to be under strain right now, looking at page load times (and the plan change page is completely dead for me right now).  Too soon, PM? 😛

Need Help? Let's chat.