cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out our new Get Help page!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

We’ve just launched our new and improved Get Help page on our website, and we’d love for you to check it out!

We’d also like to thank our Community members, including our entire Oracle team, who provided us with feedback on the Get Help pages before they launched. You continue to inspire us with your passion to make our support better, and we’re ecstatic about your desire to be involved so that we can make positive changes together. Our special thanks goes out to @krazykiwi, @bearsnuggle, @nilimasaha, @Bluesnoopy, @Luddite, @computergeek541, @mimmo, @NDesai, @SD08, @stonechucker, @will13am and @ShawnC13 for contributing feedback on early versions of the webpages.

Here is why our new Get Help page is better than before:

• It’ll help you get your answer more easily, and faster- With updated search functionality, chat bot responses supercharged with AI technology and a growing number of active Community members all at your fingertips, it’s never been easier or faster to get answers to your questions.
  • SIMon, our chat bot, is smarter than ever- Have you tried asking SIMon a question recently? We recommend that you do. We’re continually making improvements to his answers, plus we’ve made some changes so that getting your answer is less effort. What’s also great is that the more you use SIMon, the smarter he gets. Pretty cool, right?
  • Giving feedback is easier- Now, when you read our Help articles (formerly known as Knowledge Base articles), you'll be able to tells us whether the article was helpful. If not, you can tell us why too.

We’ve also made some updates to our Community, with the goal of making it clearer, simpler and faster for you to get answers.

Here are some of the noteworthy Community updates:

• We’ve de-emphasized Top Bravoed Authors from our homepage- Several weeks ago we asked for you to vote on the most useful Top Bravoed Authors timeframe and we heard that:
    • This section isn’t often used for getting help faster
    • We need to better recognize all the great things our Community members do for one another, rather than emphasize the quantity of responses

With this in mind, we’ve de-emphasized Top Bravoed Authors from our Community homepage, and we’ll continue to explore how we can better equip our members to provide quality answers and recognize one another for their efforts!

• We’ve renamed our Knowledge Base articles to Help articles and moved them to the new Get Help page- In the spirit of keeping things simple, we’ve renamed Knowledge Base articles to a more intuitive name: Help articles. We’ve also transferred all the information, which you can find when you search your question on our Get Help page, allowing us to action your feedback more easily. With these changes, we’ll be phasing out the Knowledge Base articles over the coming weeks.
  • We’re better highlighting the importance of accepting solutions- We will be revamping our ‘accept a solution’ email from the Community so that it’s easier to understand why you should accept a solution and how. Not only will it help others find answers faster, but it will also be one of the ways you can recognize and give thanks to your helper.  

Let us know what you think by posting below. Also, we'll be looking for more testers to help us with additional updates on customer support so be sure to stay tuned!

-Public Mobile Community Team

34 REPLIES 34

SueBme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new member.  Right off I have one pressing question.  I signed up indicating that messages/communications from Public Mobile should be in English.  The first one I  got was in French, which I don't speak.  I am too old to learn another language.  I REALLY don't want to be sent messages I can't read.  Can someone tell me how to fix this?

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I like the robot being named as SIMon XD 

Good job PM! 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NewBee wrote:

Hi, I would like to give feedback on the new help line.  I will be signing up a new plan tomorrow.  Also how to I earn reward points when helping out?

@NewBee 

You earn community rewards by simply participating, which can include asking questions, providing help to others, and joining discussions.  In order for community rewards to be credited properly, your e-mail address on the PM Community must match your e-mail address in your PM self-serve account.  A good place to start is to read the knowledge base articles here, in order to learn how things work, and equip yourself to help others:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/knowledge_base

NewBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I would like to give feedback on the new help line.  I will be signing up a new plan tomorrow.  Also how to I earn reward points when helping out?

c70nut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

"You should still include a link to contact a moderator in case the customer needs customer service assistance.  I understand it’s mostly peer 2 peer online help but sometimes there’s account issues that need to be fixed..  Smiley Sad"

@sunflowershine, that was my first thought when Simon was introduced.  It's much better now.  Still some kinks in the database, but much more usable now.

Tip, try not using too many words when asking a question.  Use the main 'topic' such as sim, activate, plans, autopay.

Sam1231

Me too I am curious

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should still include a link to contact a moderator in case the customer needs customer service assistance.  I understand it’s mostly peer 2 peer online help but sometimes there’s account issues that need to be fixed..  😞

sunflowershine

However, SIMon is not helpful at all...Smiley Sad

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@dararara wrote:

Can the the help page or the bot answer when the next Koodo migration offer is going to happen so we can stop wasting our time with Public?

SIMon: You’re kidding, right?

Simon: Anymore request before migration offer is offered?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Dadsphone,

We are really glad to read about your great experience. 

We are here to assist you the best we can.  🙂 

Cheers!! 

Roxana 
Public Mobile Moderator team 

Dadsphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Had some issues yesterday with getting vouchers to add properly message the mod team , and they were great totally corrected the problem for me thanks public mobile . You rock !!! .

mimmo

@David_J@Alan_K  any way to have the help categories be visable before doing a search instead of only after? I believe it will let users learn and explore easier. 

Untitled.png

sunflowershine

I like it!

Pizzaeh

@dararara wrote:

Can the the help page or the bot answer when the next Koodo migration offer is going to happen so we can stop wasting our time with Public?

SIMon says: You’re kidding, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

OP made their own thread.

SD08

@dararara wrote:

Public Mobile is not going to give advance warning for the next Koodo migration offer, just so that people can time their sign up perfectly.  If you signed up with PM just to play a migration lottery, that was your decision to "waste" time. I would join a carrier for what it offers today, not on the hope that something will materialize in the future, let alone materialize at a time of my convenience.

@dararara wrote:

WE ?

@dararara  Speak for yourself.

dararara

@David_J wrote:

Really odd @RobertQc  - I searched 'internot' with the intentional misspelling and it came back with a clear 'we didn't find anything' + SIMon recommendation. 

Wondering if anyone else can reproduce what @RobertQc  is experiencing?

internot search.jpg

@David_J  Looks like it is an issue with running scripts from openshiftapps.com, might want to consder for users that don't know any better an "enable javascript", or "change your securtiy settings to view results", "enable scripts from openshiftapps.com" etc or a similar warning otherwise it just looks blank.

popping

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Like I said just how I think it may flow better but wondering what others think.

@ShawnC13 since you asked 🙂 I actually think Latest Threads is redundant since you see those in the Latest Posts as well.  I almost never use Latest Threads, except occasionally by accident when (in the past, when they were arranged vertically) I didn't scroll quite far enough.

@srlawren, see if one of the new topic has 8 people post in it right away you don't see other new topics.  I use the New Topics to see what many people are having issues with where as the latest post could be all posts just on one topic.  As well if there is something I might the ability to help with I will scan the new threads as it is easier to see what each is about and gives you a wider scope of posts.

I also monitor the new threads/questions.  When there is an active thread, the five latest posts will be shown in the new post session.  It makes it difficult for me to find out other questions.

imm1304

Hi @Alan_K !

I like what I see with the recent changes to the Get Help page as well as the re-organized community landing page.  Always great to see team PM making an effort to improve things. 

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren, see if one of the new topic has 8 people post in it right away you don't see other new topics.  I use the New Topics to see what many people are having issues with where as the latest post could be all posts just on one topic.  As well if there is something I might the ability to help with I will scan the new threads as it is easier to see what each is about and gives you a wider scope of posts.

@ShawnC13 I see your points for sure.  When I use Latest Posts, I actually click the little " > " sign beside the section heading to get to the full list.  Admittedly, sometimes I just open up each bolded forum in a new tab, then cycle through and open each bolded thread that catches my interest.  This is easier, but I have found times when I will miss new things doing it this way.  Actually most often my workflow looks like this:

1) Follow bookmark to the Notifications page and open up anything new there to look and respond

2) Navigate to the community home page, open each bolded section (I ignore a few, like Retail and Legacy) into new tabs, go through each tab opening threads of interest

3) Once that's done, I go back to the home page, and click the > beside Latest Posts and check for any new activity of interest since I finished dealing with all my open tabs.

I'm probably a bit of an odd duck.  Quack.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Like I said just how I think it may flow better but wondering what others think.

@ShawnC13 since you asked 🙂 I actually think Latest Threads is redundant since you see those in the Latest Posts as well.  I almost never use Latest Threads, except occasionally by accident when (in the past, when they were arranged vertically) I didn't scroll quite far enough.

I agree with @ShawnC13 on this.  I prefer to browse latest topics more often than latest posts.  A couple of busy topics (contests, promos, infamous letters, etc.) can easily swamp out posts from other topics making it more difficult to identify which topics still need help.  That being said, both Latest Topics and Latest Posts are useful sections and should be there side by side.  I would prefer that the two sections switch their current places to have the Latest Topics follow underneath the announcements on the left side, and the latest posts on the right side.

Really odd @RobertQc  - I searched 'internot' with the intentional misspelling and it came back with a clear 'we didn't find anything' + SIMon recommendation. 

Wondering if anyone else can reproduce what @RobertQc  is experiencing?

internot search.jpg

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@David_J wrote:

Hi @RobertQc  There's definitely content to be searched. I just did a search of 'no internet' and it came back with the following;

no internet search.jpg

@David_J  I get none of that content. I search "no interent" and that "related help articles" in your picture is non existant for me.

blank.png

Once I click anything then it says ask simon.

simon.png

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hi @RobertQc  There's definitely content to be searched. I just did a search of 'no internet' and it came back with the following;

no internet search.jpg

Literally everything I click on simply says "Ask simon"

simon.png

Are any of these going to have information in the future, or is it all "ask simon" ?

Need Help? Let's chat.