Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned Phone Grades

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We are excited to introduce Certified Pre-Owned phone grades to provide our customers the phones they want at prices they’ll love. 

At Public Mobile, we will have three different grades of Certified Pre-Owned phones that are all backed by the 1-year Certified Pre-Owned warranty:

• Like-new: Someone opened the box on these phones and then changed their mind: it’s as close to perfect as you can get with a pre-owned phone.  
  • Great: These phones are just a couple of nicks and scuffs shy of perfect, but have passed all inspections and are the best opportunity for a great phone on a budget.
  • Very Good: These phones were well loved by someone - and now they’re ready for someone new! We took care of the buffing and cleaning, and while they may still have bumps and scratches they work perfectly well.

All three grades will be available for purchase on our website, at affordable, everyday prices. Check out our newest addition of the iPhone 8 in the “Very Good” grade. Quantities are limited, so be sure to act fast! 

We will be introducing more phones in different grades, so stay tuned! 

For more information on Certified Pre-Owned phones, please visit our Help Articles.

- The Public Mobile Team

34 REPLIES 34

of course different person different needs.  For me, I don't think the selection and price is that great for PM's Pre-owned phones.  Sometimes, it's not too bad to get a lower end brand new phones, as least you  get a year or two of proper OS/security upgrades than those older models.  

@klipper 

1. What are the accepted forms of payment?
    • We accept Paypal and credit cards for our Certified Pre-Owned phones.

hi @klipper , no  .  the Available Fund can only be used to for service and add-ons

klipper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I buy a phone using my balance in my account?

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would like apple SE 2nd generation wonder if PM will have these available in the future 

laoli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm sure PM can do better than Fizz, which is a flanker brand of Videotron.  Telus is 10 times bigger than Videotron and got much better discount than Videotron.  Come on, why not just pass some discount to your loyal customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

how do I pay for the phone through my account.?????

@fdrcamb519 : You can't.

fdrcamb519

how do I pay for the phone through my account.?????

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Excellent way of itemizing their use! 

Pawprints1986

Only thing I can contribute regarding volte is, before we went cell phones only, our home land line to save some money went from standard real land line to VoIP. The quality despite good connection was decent but not great. You'd lose words sometimes. Other times it would sound "airy" and you'd lose whole sentences someone said. I hope if volte is the only way eventually that they've worked out the kinks. 

They're gonna have alot of angry customers if volte kills bring your own device too

Amberber89

Thx. I’m gonna check it out

Amberber89

Has anyone looked

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

good to have some used phone available .   if warranty is good, its good choice.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Catherine_T  would PM consider selling Brand New phone .. of course with good prices.. 🙂

We are Tier3 business to Telus.. but we desire some selection for brand new phones, too... 

Voice over long term evolution.

Here is more info.

https://cellularnews.com/cellular-network/what-is-volte/

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

😅Whats Volte ?

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Bravo 

XionBunny

I always love more options for device purchase, will definitely keep an eye on the selection here.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
This is great - especially for those without a good phone to get to experience the benefits of Public Mobile! Nice to see that there is also a one-year warranty.

sunflowershine

Nice!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

I think we need some volte before none of these phones work on your network

@BearFBI wrote:

@computergeek541 hmm. Weird. Ive heard of many users using non telus bought phones with Telus and still having the VoLTE feature. 

I'm searching around the internet, and there are numerous instances of customer being told by customer support that non-Telus devices won't work.  I'm also reading about others say that they did get it to work, but someone needing do something on Telus's end to enable it properly.   Some are even pointing to a Telus help article that they say said that only Telus devices would work, but when I look at that site now, it says that most devices sold in Canada now would work. I do wonder if that help page was updated in the last couple of years. Perhaps @srlawren can  share his experience with this at Koodo?

edit: talk to others, the ability to use VoLTE on non-Telus device does sometimes work, but it's not universal.

BearFBI

@computergeek541 hmm. Weird. Ive heard of many users using non telus bought phones with Telus and still having the VoLTE feature. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

This wouldn't make a difference. If the phone wasn't sold as a Telus/Koodo carrier device, the IMEI of it won't be in the Telus database. This would mean no VoLTE.

I wonder if this is an industry-wide practice in Canada or just Telus' .  

It will be an issue if they start phasing out 3G and going all in with VoLTE like some US providers now...

@BearFBI wrote:

@computergeek541 

"If it's a Telus device, they'll allow VoLTE. The only reason for not allowing compatible devices on VoLTE from elsewhere is because of Telus policy."

Wow. I didnt know that. What about Samsung Phones ? They have carrier pre-configured software that it switches to depending on the SIM first inserted in the device. So if I use a Galaxy S10 bought unlocked and used with a telus SIM with Telus firmware installed. Your telling me that its not even gonna work with VoLTE ? that's pretty strange why that's a policy. 

@BearFBI  @softech 

This wouldn't make a difference. If the phone wasn't sold as a Telus/Koodo carrier device, the IMEI of it won't be in the Telus database. This would mean no VoLTE.

BearFBI

@computergeek541 

"If it's a Telus device, they'll allow VoLTE. The only reason for not allowing compatible devices on VoLTE from elsewhere is because of Telus policy."

Wow. I didnt know that. What about Samsung Phones ? They have carrier pre-configured software that it switches to depending on the SIM first inserted in the device. So if I use a Galaxy S10 bought unlocked and used with a telus SIM with Telus firmware installed. Your telling me that its not even gonna work with VoLTE ? that's pretty strange why that's a policy. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Catherine_T , it is good to see additional budget phone options to complement this budget brand.  I suggest including the phone condition below the words "certified pre-owned".  Without further clarification, the pricing looks really weird.  The iPhone 8 costs less than iPhone 7 which on the surface does make a lot of sense.  Providing the extra detail on the overview page will aid in the comparison shopping.  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@softech 

If it's a Telus device, they'll allow VoLTE. The only reason for not allowing compatible devices on VoLTE from elsewhere is because of Telus policy.

So, let say  i have an international version of Samsung S20..  likely the exact model number is different .. it might not allow VoLTE on Telus?  If I have a Bell S20 and the exact model number is the same.. so, it's OK?

I wonder if other provider has the same rules..  

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Telus does not allow phone that weren't originally sold as Telus devices to use VoLTE.  

so, a BYOD phone can't be used VoLTE on Telus ??  What is the reason?  if the phone is compatible.. why not?

If it's a Telus device, they'll allow VoLTE. The only reason for not allowing compatible devices on VoLTE from elsewhere is because of Telus policy.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Telus does not allow phone that weren't originally sold as Telus devices to use VoLTE.  

so, a BYOD phone can't be used VoLTE on Telus ??  What is the reason?  if the phone is compatible.. why not?

Need Help? Let's chat.