cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED- Let’s Celebrate Change, it’s Favourite Thing About Fall Day!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile Branding Refresh on Community Assets_DESIGN_Sep_v1_Jul23.png

Hey Community,

Goodbye summer, it’s been swell! Thanks for the pool parties and the tan but now we say hello to fall. If cozy was a season, it would be fall. There’s no better time of year to curl up with a good book, a hot cup of tea, and gaze out the window at the trees. Plus, it’s when Halloween and Thanksgiving, arguably the two best holidays, happen. Here are four reasons why fall might be our favourite season: 

1. The Outdoors are Drop Dead Gorgeous

We dare you to name a prettier time of year than when trees turn from green to brown, yellow, and orange. There’s no need for Netflix when you can binge-watch this foliage. 

2. The Food is Nap-Inducing  

The food this time of year is so good you have to pass out after eating it. We’re talking turkey, stuffing, gravy, pumpkin pie…even listing these foods is making us sleepy. 

3. Warm Drinks Galore

Speaking of food, let’s talk about the drinks. Fall is the best time of year to sip hot chocolate, warm apple cider, or tea. It’s the perfect contrast for that crisp fall breeze. 

4. Back-to-School Season 

There is a magical element to Back-to-School season that you can’t simply ignore. The pure nostalgia of starting a new school year leaves us with fond memories and brings an aura of new beginnings in the air. 

Now we want to hear your favourite thing about fall! Comment below by 12 PM ET on September 10 and tell us what you love most about the fall season. To help spice up your fall wardrobe, we will select three winners at random who will receive a $50 gift card to Cadillac Fairview. Now go outside and watch the leaves change! Contest runs September 3 to September 10, 2019. Read Contest Rules before entering.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules

Spoiler

Public Mobile Favourite Thing About Fall Day Contest
CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share their favourite thing about Fall on the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs September 3 to September 10, 2019 at 12:00pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded. Each winner will receive the following prize:

One (1) Cadillac Fairview $50 Gift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about September 10 at 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form. If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation. Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1. QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

1. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
92 REPLIES 92

FlipFone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My favourite thing about Fall is that it's the time to get nostalgic!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
Making a big leave pile and watch the doggos and kids demolish it.

lon_h

It's always fun to visit Calgary ZoomLights and Spruce Meadows in fall.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I do love fall and reminds me of many momentous times in my life both happy and sad like being a young Halloween bride and the loss of a great partner in life. It his life that I continue to celebrate every October by making my annual trip to Winnipeg and riding bikes in crisp cool weather. Enjoying the explosion of autumn colours and visiting the most beautiful cemetery to be laid to rest in....IMG_20171017_161658975.jpg

IMG_20171017_161205775_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171017_160924162_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171017_161336243.jpg

And a perfect prelude to those who made the greatest sacrifice for all our freedom...lest we forget.

November 11th 2019 Rememberance Day

MyMobile

Right now and for the next few weeks is watching the incredible amount of Monarch Butterflies making their way south for the winter. Must have seen a hundred of them yesterday near the lake. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the leaves are nice.  To be honest, I hate Fall!  It marks the end of summer.  Reminds us that winter is around the corner.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Style! Fall is the best season for sweater weather: it's cold enough to wear a sweater but not so cold that you need a jacket (at least sometimes, depending on where in the country you live). I'm loving my sweater collection right now, so fall is perfect!! Smiley Very Happy

Poogzley

It's the season of new iPhones 📱!apple-special-event-september-10.jpeg

CrankyAvocado

Love how the air starts to get nippy in the morning! Also, the colour of the leaves as they change.

mcs11

I love starting school and seeing all of my friends!

itchyfeet01

To me, September is the real "new year". The leaves change, it's a new school year, there are new activities for the kids, and work starts picking up again after summer vacation. I love that everything feels like a fresh start.

tyedye00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fall! We welcome you!

Among everyone else it is definitely Fall weather. Beautiful fall breeze, amazing colours, and sweater weather of course 🙂

tyedye00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

100% this. This is one of the best seasons to take photos in.

WF123

I like the weather in the fall.  Not too hot, not too cold.  Beautiful colours too.

smp99

It's the season that PM seems to offer their best promos!

Lets keep it going!!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Highlights of fall for me: Thanksgiving, Halloween, Black Friday, and the weather.  Not necessarily in that order.  Smiley Happy

Bonfires & beers 😁

stephcav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My favorite thing about fall is wearing baggy pull over hoodies, warm knitted wool sweaters, fall boots, basically the comfy cozy clothes.

As well as the smell, the cold crisp fresh air

I like it because it is not so hot and humid AND it is a prelude to winter... I like the snow!

chukdefatey

I want Summer to never end

YVR

Fall is great time to connect with friends and family.  All this with while able to enjoy the beautiful change in seasons that nature brings.  

denis2

My favorite part about fall are the Pine Parties..where we pick up pine needles and enjoy a cold one around the fire pit.

luke11992

All the colours outdoors are great for photography during hikes.

The best thing about fall is going outside for a hike in the mountains and being surrounded by all these magnificent colors in the trees!

Redguy150

Thanksgiving dinner! And sweaters... Black Friday is great too 

NB-Pub

One of my favourite things about fall is hiking at different locations and conservation areas where there are many varieties of trees.  I really enjoy seeing the foliage change colours and feeling the different textures of leaves when I am walking around.  In September, along the Humber River there are salmon swimming upstream.  It's amazing to watch the large fish jump out of the water.  Each time a fish makes it over a waterfall there are a group of people cheering.  I join in clapping and giggling with delight.  Since the fall season is cooler, I often love drinking a hot chai latte with warm and delicious spices while walking hand in hand with my beloved partner.  Ahhh... fall is amazing. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Provincial campsites are empty again. Now we can use them !!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Black Friday/Cyber Monday and Boxing Week is near! 

brystarr

Halloween Haunts are always the best thing about fall!

Ah yes my favourite season love to putter around in the back yard take a nice walk along the lake Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.