cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day time limit for add on data

Ken11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What a disappointment that Public has put a 30 day time limit on their data add ons. I didn't know about it until I saw the time limit on the data I had added. That was definitely one of my favourite features. Do other providers offer this? I only need about 3 or 4 extra gigs a year. This post is a protest to the change. Comment here to see if Public will change their minds. 

7 REPLIES 7

@chef04042323 wrote:

I'm very disapoint to! and No advise ! It is possible 1 GB was 10$ not 15$

HI @chef04042323 

the 1GB data addon has been $15 for long time, they didn't raise the price on that

chef04042323
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm very disapoint to! and No advise ! It is possible 1 GB was 10$ not 15$

@Ken11 wrote:

Well I'm typically at home so my 1 GB plan works about 90% of the time.  If I travel I need a little extra. It was this feature that brought me to Public. 

@Ken11 

The old data add ons were popular for low data users on the $15 and $25 plans.  Looks like these plans do not make enough profit for mobile companies.  Most of the better deals recently have been on the $40 + plans.  More and faster data for these plans. 

Ken11

I didn't find that when doing my searches. Sadly Public only let's use certain key words. The more post the better.

Ken11

Well I'm typically at home so my 1 GB plan works about 90% of the time.  If I travel I need a little extra. It was this feature that brought me to Public. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ken11 

Yes, it is frustrating that Public mobile put a 30 day expiry date on the data add ons.  Lucky mobile (other tier 3) company also has similar policy for their add ons.  Management is aware that many customers prefer to the old data add ons.  

I doubt that PM will change. Any company mandate is to make more profit. If you use add ons often, then it may be worth considering switching to another higher data plan.. That is likely the reason why PM changed the policy. To force some customer to upgrade plans. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ken11  Yes ever since the new PM system update the data add on now expire 30 days after purchase 

add sign the online petition about it here @Ken11 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Clarification-of-Public-Mobile-Data-Add-o...

Need Help? Let's chat.