Kdelta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My name doesn’t show when I call other lines 

8 REPLIES 8

Kdelta

Thanks 

@Priority wrote:

Actually it does in some cases It's called Network Caller Display. Bell, Telus, and Rogers offer this being Tier 1. 

Anyone with those 3 Providers could set this to 'Show', 'Network Default', or 'Private'. Anyone who did the 'Show Called ID' option, when they'd call other Tier 1 Provider customer the Account Name would show as well as the number calling. 

I've noticed this feature also missing since I switched from Bell, both for me and other people calling me.. however It wasn't the most important to feature to me. It was nice to have, but I could care less if I don't have it. 

Bell Mobility and Telus Mobility do not offer what Rogers calls Name Display.  While Telus does accept the name information if it is sent bynetwork of someone calling a Telus customer, Telus Mobiltiy (also Koodo and Public) does not send outgoing name information.  

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Actually it does in some cases It's called Network Caller Display. Bell, Telus, and Rogers offer this being Tier 1. 

Anyone with those 3 Providers could set this to 'Show', 'Network Default', or 'Private'. Anyone who did the 'Show Called ID' option, when they'd call other Tier 1 Provider customer the Account Name would show as well as the number calling. 

I've noticed this feature also missing since I switched from Bell, both for me and other people calling me.. however It wasn't the most important to feature to me. It was nice to have, but I could care less if I don't have it. 

Kdelta

I think I remembered that because I was with Fido before, so yeah NM! Thanks for the quick response though!!

@Kdelta 

never did unless the person you called had your name/number in their contact list. Otherwise they would merely see your number as the caller.

Kdelta

Thanks 

Kdelta

It use to be… but not anymore? Something changed?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kdelta 

it won't either...unless that person you called has your name in their contact list.

Need Help? Let's chat.