cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED: It’s Ditch New Year’s Resolution Day, But We Still Believe in You!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

It’s the last week of January and you know what that means. All the people who said they’re going to hit the gym, eat healthier, and read more books are sliding back into their old ways. We understand. Keeping a resolution for a whole year feels as difficult as going a whole day without checking your phone. But we don’t want you to give up! So here are five awesome tips to help you keep going strong on those resolutions:

• Recruit A Friend: Get a bud and hold each other accountable. It’s easier to work towards a goal when someone is keeping tabs on you. Don’t let them down!
  • Embrace the Slip-Up: The plan was to do yoga three times a week, but life got in the way and you skipped a couple days. That doesn’t mean you should throw your yoga goals off a cliff. Accept that you messed up and get back in the studio ASAP. 
  • Make Specific Goals: Redefine your goals by putting numbers on them. “I want to save more money,” should be changed to, “I want to save $100 a month.” And by the way, you can save big time by getting your phone plan down to $0 through our rewards program.   Learn more about it here.
  • Treat Yo Self: Did you swear off sweets for this year? Once you have gone two months without eating dessert you deserve a nice big slice of guilt-free chocolate cake. Rewarding yourself can be the fuel that pushes you to keep moving forward
  • .Just Do One Thing: Having multiple resolutions can be overwhelming. You’re asking yourself to change your whole lifestyle overnight. If that’s too hard, pick one resolution and put all your focus and energy into that.

Use those tips and we know you can do it!  Comment below by 12:00pm ET on February 3 and tell us your New Year’s resolution and how you plan to keep it and we’ll randomly select three winners to receive a $50 Amazon eGiftcard to help you keep your resolution. Go back and read tip number two if your resolution already went out the window. Stay strong everybody! Contest runs January 27 to February 3, 2020. Read Contest Rules before entering.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules

Spoiler

New Year's Resolutions Contest
CONTEST RULES

1.       HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, your 2020 New Year’s resolution and how you are keeping it. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs January 27 to February 3, 2020 at 12:00pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) $50 Amazon eGift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about February 3 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded. 

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1. QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

144 REPLIES 144

To all those whose resolution is to eat healthier and in turn improve your health. As Elaine says "Its a big salad with lots of stuff in it." Have you had yours today? Here's mine.....20200130_124950.jpg

kennycrowshaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m going to call 3 friends i didn’t talk to last year, I state that here so it must be done.

BDW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This year my goals are to slow down, savor each moment and be more present. I count on my family to help keep me accountable. Thanks for great contests and service Public Mobile!

FAUJ2

I plan on keeping my new years resolution of eating less fast food by  diligently meal prepping! Then having a cheat day once a month 🙂

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@danielj wrote:

Public Mobile's Team is assuming we make resolutions in the first place. Not everybody beleives in making resolutions in the first place or have simple have previously given up on making them. I have not made one in year. Why bother making false promises to yourself or others when you can try to be the best version of yourself. If you do make them probably best to keep them by "Believe in yourself. Dream. Try. Do good."

In one way "Believe in yourself. Dream. Try. Do good." could be a resolutions and a way to keep it.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I never ditch new years resolutions, Once I made one I will keep it. 

UFO

My new year resolution will be to stay within budget as I will be on mat leave dealing with 2 kids!

shwan059
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To pay off my student loans by the end of the year!

mommykat

My resolution is to move more! I've been doing well so far working out at least four days a week, and so far, no abandoning it. I plan to stick to it by exercising with my SO and by switching up my exercise plans regularly so I don't get bored!

PAULRANG18

I usually don't make resolutions but would instead like to support a critical issue. I hope to voice my concern for climate change to my MP and my MPP so that our federal and provincial governments can do a whole lot more than they're doing now to fight this important cause. I urge the PM Community, and many others, to do the same.

PAULRANG18

raulg

Mines are a tradition. Save money and do more exercise.

rollandcoderre

I'm over 60 and still make new year's resolutions! This year no alcohol for the first four months of the year. Then it's bonfire season... So far so good. Easy Peasy. Additionally I do 30 minutes of elliptical 5 days a week.  If I miss a day (sick or away) I make up for it on the weekend.  I print exercise logs that I update daily. Good luck everyone!

gail709

My New Year's resolution was to stop spending so much money this year.  I have already achieved success by switching from Rogers to Public Mobile and saving a bundle.

DebbieD

Good catch! Looks like they fixed it! Smiley Happy

Hmmmm, I thought I was replying to the person who caught the error in the end date in the last line of the post....good thing I have a NEW next to my name. Smiley LOL

Imvc

Great tips! To go back to eating healthier would be mine. I know I'm able to do it as I've done it before but I won't beat myself up if I slip once, twice or more. 

TheGx

New years resolution is to exercise more, and my plan is to do some form of exercises every day whether at home or at gym in order to keep this resolution.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@buiya wrote:

mine is to cut negative energy in my life, if something or someone is draining on me, they are out!

Good one! I think we'll all be less stressful and healthier overall if we just cut out all the negative energy in our life. 

Jonavin

I challenged my friends to not eat fast food in 2020. No one last past January. LOL.

Anyways, at least I'm still ontrack with going to the gym once-twice a week and mostly eating a healthier diet since November (yes, I failed the junk food challenge with pizza). I think the trick is to start your New Years Resolutions before January 1st.

Also, don't pay any attention to the scale. I haven't lost any weight since I started going to the gym, but down 4 inches on my waist, trading fat for muscles. Lifting twice as much as I could when I first started. If I only look at the bathroom scale it would seem I've failed.

@gblackma wrote:

@zxcvbnm Try this,  a cup of hot water, and a teaspoon of cacao powder, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. IE A hot chocolate vanilla float. Yummy.

@zblackma Aaah mom you do care.😂

@danielj appreciate the support mate.👍

Lol...  @gblackma  and @gblackma  you two are way too cute...and funny! You don't need a resolution...i wouldnt want you to change your relationship with each other at all!

@zxcvbnm Try this,  a cup of hot water, and a teaspoon of cacao powder, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. IE A hot chocolate vanilla float. Yummy.

@zblackma Aaah mom you do care.😂

@danielj appreciate the support mate.👍

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@zblackma wrote:

Mine is that my son @gblackma would get off his butt and get one😁.

Should not complain if others are not in the habbit of making resolutions, especially if they are already trying to be the best version of themselves.

@zxcvbnm wrote:

My New Year's resolution is to stop eating ice cream. I'm achieving this by switching to frozen dessert.

@zxcvbnm  Really ? Have you ever read the label of "frozen dessert"? That's a step in the wrong direction... just cut your serving in half and buy a top quality ice cream. You know one with 3 or 4  ingredients on the label. Cream, sugar and vanilla.( and maybe xantham gum as a stabilizer). Studies have shown that participants will consume up to three times more of a low quality dessert than a high quality one.

Niveks73

Also stopped making resolutions a few years back at least consciously.  Now I just do things as the need arises.  Like put some extra money away for something I want to buy. Donate some money to a good cause when it comes up. Help a friend or family member when something in their life just isn't going right. I feel a lot better now because I do it in the moment and you don't fail that way. 

zxcvbnm

My New Year's resolution is to stop eating ice cream. I'm achieving this by switching to frozen dessert.

DavidL

On Valentine's Day 2019 I slipped on black ice and injured my knee. For months, walking was rather painful and running was a no-go until recently. Almost a year later, it's time to get in better shape by running 3 times a week. Lucky for me, my supportive wife plans to join me for the sessions - so it's something we can share together. Here's to healthier 2020! 

cfoidart

I'm running in the Manitoba Marathon on Father's Day in Winnipeg, MB. Then I'm going to drink a lot of beer because I deserve it!!!

Dolphin1

I don't make resolutions that way I don't let myself down.  My goal is to live every day to the fullest.

Exercise... exercise... exercise...

Start slow and go slow....

Smiley Happy

kelvarnsen

Recycle more, even if that just means not being lazy and instead of throwing my empty yogurt cup in the trash at my desk, walking it to the recycling bin in the lunch room.

Also brew more beer.

Boh

My year truly starts in March of the new year. 

I've never understood why we start the New Year in winter when everything is hibernating. 

I like to finish off the year with anything that I have not completed, such as decluttering my home, changing the furniture layout, giving away clothes, stokcing up on essentials and cleaning everything. Not one drop of unclean clothes to be found. 

Need Help? Let's chat.