cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Re: Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select pla

@SDS  Not possible. For new sign ups only.

There are free holiday gifts if you haven't collected them yet. 2 gigs/500 international call minutes. 

See link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Happy Holidays!

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select pla

@SDS wrote:

How to get this offer if I'm a current customer?

Nothing stopping you from buying a SIM and activating using your current referral code and grabbing all the promos.

Otherwise, these offers are rarely for existing customers. How many other providers do that anyway.

I did that a year and a half ago and am still working down that initial 5gb pot of data what with all the freebies given two summers, last Xmas, this summer, this Xmas.

abTest
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@SDS wrote:

Nothing stopping you from buying a SIM and activating using your current referral code and grabbing all the promos.

Otherwise, these offers are rarely for existing customers. How many other providers do that anyway.

I did that a year and a half ago and am still working down that initial 5gb pot of data what with all the freebies given two summers, last Xmas, this summer, this Xmas.

@z10user4  - The only problem with that approach is the phone number.  Unless something has changed recently, I don't think you can't port your number from one PM account TO another PM account.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@abTest wrote:

@z10user4  - The only problem with that approach is the phone number.  Unless something has changed recently, I don't think you can't port your number from one PM account TO another PM account.

@abTest 

Yes I suppose I could've given that as a caveat. No you can't move an existing number to a another account.

I _could_ have also said to port out and then back in for the promo thereby keeping ones number. But then you lose the loyalty clock and referrals and any Available Funds and whatever's left of the plan you were on and the added cost of the other SIM and plan.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

It all depends how important your number is....you can change your voicemail greeting with the new number to call and suspend your service ( or test out the call forwarding to see if it would work while suspended.) Then just play one number off the other every 90 days. The credit alone covers your first three months.

Luddite
Oracle

@z10user4 @abTest  One could take advantage, if worth the $, of all new customer deals by using the Fongo trick of making a Fongo number your "permanent" number then forwarding all calls to a PM account. 

You might end up with several $15 accounts (and SIMs 🤣) but one could always be "primary" to garner loyalty reward and the rest abandoned when their value has been consumed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.

@abTest wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@SDS wrote:

I can cofirm that Public Mobile will not perform this procedure. A number in a Public Mobile account can be ported out and back in, but when porting back in, that has to be a new Public Mobile account if both numbers need to be kept.

Montrealpost
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Family member is waiting for a good promote to switch to PM.  If we sign-up with this promotion on a $25 plan AND change to $15 for the 2nd month, will we get the $25 bonus(2nd month free) and keep the 5GB addon? Thanks in advance!

@Montrealpost wrote:

Family member is waiting for a good promote to switch to PM.  If we sign-up with this promotion on a $25 plan AND change to $15 for the 2nd month, will we get the $25 bonus(2nd month free) and keep the 5GB addon? Thanks in advance!

The $25 credit is your family member's to keep, but I wouldn't try changing the plan unless the credit has already been received. As for the 5GB data bonus, the terms say that it will be lost if a plan change is made.

Dunkman
Oracle

@Montrealpost wrote:

@Montrealpost 

Your family member should be able to keep the credit and data add on.  Just make sure that the credit and add on are in your account before switching plans.  Also, the new customer can also get the free holiday give away 2 GB data add on and 100 long distance minutes.  

Need Help? Let's chat.