cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@ivanR 

Then you are in good shape....promos and credits will be applied within 30 days.

@darlicious : wouldn't they need to go through the moderators since they did things in the wrong order? Or do you have reports here or experience that suggests it works in either order without asking?

gloomor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a new Public Mobile SIM card yesterday as a new customer, and starting using the new cellphone plan ($25.00). I suppose to receive 5GB of data and second month FREE, but haven't received any rewards. Please advise when the rewards will be available. 

@Caloycoy 

Which retailer? Did they mention the promo?

@ivanR 

Then you are in good shape....promos and credits will be applied within 30 days.

Caloycoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I registered right now but i activated yesterday with the retail store

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caloycoy wrote:

Hello 

i activated yesterday and i didnt get this deal can i help me

@Caloycoy : Did you submit your email address on the form before activating? Then did you use the same email address for activating?

Edit: beat to it

@Caloycoy 

Did you register your email? If not do so now and maybe appealing to a moderator might get you the promo. Did you activate at home or with a retailer in store?

ivanR

I am quite certain I did.  Thanks.

Caloycoy

Hello 

i activated yesterday and i didnt get this deal can i help me

@ivanR 

As long as you submitted your email before you activated and met the other conditions of the promo you will recieve the promotions. When you submitted your email did you see this....

Screenshot_20201222-135032.png

If so you are registered for the promotion. You only get a confirmation promo after the registration period has ended like this one...for the previous promo....

Screenshot_20201222-165118.png

@ivanR 

@ivanR wrote:

I guess I activated too quickly.  I submitted my email address as suggested in the ad, but I activated prior to receiving the email response from Public Mobile.  I still have not received the email from Public Mobile.  Will I have to deactivate and reactivate later in order to receive the promotion?

No need to worry.  As long as you submitting your email address before activation, you should be fine.  Your credit/bonus 5 GB will be in your account within 30 days.  Not everyone gets the confirmation email in previous similar promotions (with email signups). 

Don't forget to get your free holiday give away add on/long distance minutes

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

ivanR

I guess I activated too quickly.  I submitted my email address as suggested in the ad, but I activated prior to receiving the email response from Public Mobile.  I still have not received the email from Public Mobile.  Will I have to deactivate and reactivate later in order to receive the promotion?

It is a one time bonus that remains in your account until it is used up.

@hello11 wrote:

Can I get free 5GB data monthly or only once?

If it is only once, how long can I use the free 5gb data? 

@hello11 You get the data bonus once. It lasts until you use it all.

hello11

Can I get free 5GB data monthly or only once?

If it is only once, how long can I use the free 5gb data? 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good deal! Thank you Public Mobile.

@Suykie  The 5GB add-on is a one time bonus.  You will receive and also the plan data.  It will remain in your account until used up. After your regular data has been used then the 5GB would be used.

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The 5GB "boxing week offer" mean that if you choose a plan of $25 or more you get the data offered in that plan PLUS you also get 5GB more data for that plan.(5GB stays in your account)

This "5GB more data" is ADDON, never expire till you use them.  Happy holidays!

Suykie

Is the 5GB of data boxing week offer a one-time thing? Or is the 5GB of data meant that if you choose a plan of $25 or more you get the data offered in that plan PLUS you also get 5GB more data for that plan? 

@ftresolution 

It will be added within 30 days of activation. How many days left til your renewal? If it is 3 days or less contact the moderators and ask for it to be added to your account.

ftresolution

Hi, I submitted my email address and getting this message "This is confirmation that the email you entered is now eligible for this limited time offer.  Follow the steps below and activate with the email address submitted by January 15, 2020", I when ahead an Activate Online by opt out of contract early from Koodo and switched to Public Mobile.  After I signed up, but I'm not seeing t the 5GB Boxing Week Promotion on my plan. Please advise.

Guillaume13

I did see the same «Successful Registration» message. But what do I do now to make sure I get the deal ?

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great way to attract new customers.

@Guillaume13 

I have never seen a confirmation email and there is no promo code needed for this offer.

When you registered your email address before activating your new account it says right then and there something like “Successful Registration” and that’s it. No emails are sent to you later that I know of.

AE_Collector

Guillaume13

I'm a new customer.
I just activate my new account today but haven't receive any confirmation email.
Therefore, I didn't have any promo code to enter.
Would I be able to get this deal ?

If yes, how ?

@pubwmob wrote:

it said "You will get the 10$ credit within 72 hours", I received in next day somehow.

It usually does happen the next morning, before most people usually wake up, but that's not always the case. I've seen it take the full 72 hours before.

pubwmob

it said "You will get the 10$ credit within 72 hours", I received in next day somehow.

Chris05

Hi,

I am a new Public Mobile user and unfortunately, I saw the Boxing Week free month offer after I just activated my SIM. I registered my email for the Boxing Week offer afterwards. Is there a way for me to still get one month of free service? I activated my SIM card literally a few hours before I saw the offer.

Also, I used a friend's referral code when activating my SIM card. Does anyone know when I'll receive the $10 credit? I don't see it in my account.

Thanks

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Colson7 

You should see them within 30 days of activation. 

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

Colson7

I submitted my email to get the 5gb and one month free but never got a confirmation email that I did it right , I continued to activate my new account and new phone ... is there anyway to tell if it went thru because I dont see anything in the details of my account about the 5gb or free month.   Anyway to tell or just have to wait till next month?

I saw the 2Gb holiday bonus and some other bonus in the add ons. But thats it ... I signed up to the $25. Plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.