cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

@Masadreamer wrote:

I just literally activated my phone with PM right before this amazing Boxing Day deal came out.

This is such a great offer...

I wish I knew and I should have waited for a few more days...

Welcome to Public Mobile.

If you haven't done so already...here's something that might take some of the pain away.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Masadreamer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just literally activated my phone with PM right before this amazing Boxing Day deal came out.

This is such a great offer...

I wish I knew and I should have waited for a few more days...

Ols
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thats Great!!!

@mightypledge wrote:

Hi I have a question. I just activated my sim card and got the $35/month plan. I was wondering how I could redeem the boxing week deal? I thought the first month would be free and I would get free 5GB. Public Mobile just charged me $39.55. Will I get reimbursed? Also for the 5GB, is it for only this month, or do I get free 5GB monthly? 

Let me know! 🙂 

Thanks

@mightypledge 

Did you register your email as per promo's terms and conditions first before activation?  New customers always have to pay for 1st month. In your case, $35 + taxes.  If you meet the criteria of promo, you should receive 2nd month free and 5 GB data within 30 days.  If you used friend referral, you also should get $10 credit within 72 hours.  Make sure that you sign up for holiday give away for free 2 GB data and 500 long distance add on.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

5GB and 2GB data add on are not re-occuring.  One time add on.  Unused portion will roll over to next month.  Once used up, the add on will expire. 

mightypledge

Hi I have a question. I just activated my sim card and got the $35/month plan. I was wondering how I could redeem the boxing week deal? I thought the first month would be free and I would get free 5GB. Public Mobile just charged me $39.55. Will I get reimbursed? Also for the 5GB, is it for only this month, or do I get free 5GB monthly? 

Let me know! 🙂 

Thanks

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

Isnt that when a new customer has to be activated to receive this promo? The date to register your email address for the promo is “until further notice” and since the activation date is usually a couple weeks after the registration date I’m betting they pull the plug about New Years Day.

AE_Collector

Based on the homepage's details, the plan needs to be activated by January 15 11:59PM ET.  However, there wouldn't be any way to register for the offer after that date unless Public Mobile extends the offer. 

donuts_waffles

Thanks! Just saw that too. Will be signing up for the hubs. Goodbye Koodo!

@Anonymous wrote:

@donuts_waffles wrote:

What date does this promo end? My husband wants it, but we want to avoid the Boxing Day crowd until Monday.

@donuts_waffles 

There's no specific date given. Just generally "Boxing Week".

You can also activate online yourself in the comfort of your own home. No crowds. Ok y'gotta buy a SIM. And then do it all at home.

Edit: Oh. I just went to page 1 of this thread.

I know that the announcement just said for a lmited time. Usually that means that either Public Mobile hasn't decided yet or that they've decided not to provide an end date yet. I'm simply going by January 15, 2021 as it's a good starting point. I see that as the offer being valid at least until that date, as that's what's being advertised on the homepage.

@computergeek541 

Isnt that when a new customer has to be activated to receive this promo? The date to register your email address for the promo is “until further notice” and since the activation date is usually a couple weeks after the registration date I’m betting they pull the plug about New Years Day.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@donuts_waffles wrote:

What date does this promo end? My husband wants it, but we want to avoid the Boxing Day crowd until Monday.

@donuts_waffles 

There's no specific date given. Just generally "Boxing Week".

You can also activate online yourself in the comfort of your own home. No crowds. Ok y'gotta buy a SIM. And then do it all at home.

Edit: Oh. I just went to page 1 of this thread.

@donuts_waffles wrote:

It ends on January 15th. Details here: Boxing Week Savings (publicmobile.ca)

donuts_waffles

@Matt_fraughton wrote:

next and final question, ordered a sim card with one email address, does it have to be activated using the same email address?

Anyone could activate that SIM card (e-mail address used during SIM card ordering makes no difference).

For this offer, all that matters is the e-mail address that is entered on the offer registration form and that same e-mail address is used to open a new Public Mobile account.

Matt_fraughton

next and final question, ordered a sim card with one email address, does it have to be activated using the same email address?

@Matt_fraughton wrote:

I've got a number registered to my email. If I were to add another line am I able to use the same email address for an account for the wife and get this 5gb deal for her? Also, is this 5gb only good for one month or do you keep the same 5gb at that price going forward?

Sorry, but no, that cannot be done. Each phone nubmer needs to be in a seperate account and uses a different e-mail address. You do still have to time to register another e-mail address to get this offer, but her phone number will need to be in its own account.

Matt_fraughton

I've got a number registered to my email. If I were to add another line am I able to use the same email address for an account for the wife and get this 5gb deal for her? Also, is this 5gb only good for one month or do you keep the same 5gb at that price going forward?

@hannahjoy7 wrote:

Hi! I signed up under an email but I never got a confirmation email... I just signed up for public mobile under that email. I'm assuming this offer is still valid for me? How do I get it?

For some offers, there is no confirmation e-mail message, and for one that there is, some members report receiving them but others not. As long as you submitted your address and at least received an on-screen confirmation, you should be fine.

@hannahjoy7 wrote:

Hi! I signed up under an email but I never got a confirmation email... I just signed up for public mobile under that email. I'm assuming this offer is still valid for me? How do I get it?

Did you check your spam folder? Maybe you mistyped when sending in the email to get the confirmation. In any case contact a moderator to ensure you will get the promo.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

hannahjoy7

jck

Thanks very much.  Completely went over my head and misunderstood that part!

Have a great Christmas as well!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@jck 

NO email.

As per the rules.

"Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible"

So when you put your email in and hit submit. Next page should have said you're eligible. 

That is all you have to do then go and activate your sim card now.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus.

Welcome to Public Mobile and Merry Christmas!

jck

Hi all - how long does it usually take for an email to show up once you register your email address with PM for this promo?

Gotta be closing in on an hour for me... does it take a long time usually?

Thanks.

@Montrealpost wrote:

Family member is waiting for a good promote to switch to PM.  If we sign-up with this promotion on a $25 plan AND change to $15 for the 2nd month, will we get the $25 bonus(2nd month free) and keep the 5GB addon? Thanks in advance!

@Montrealpost 

Your family member should be able to keep the credit and data add on.  Just make sure that the credit and add on are in your account before switching plans.  Also, the new customer can also get the free holiday give away 2 GB data add on and 100 long distance minutes.  

@Montrealpost wrote:

Family member is waiting for a good promote to switch to PM.  If we sign-up with this promotion on a $25 plan AND change to $15 for the 2nd month, will we get the $25 bonus(2nd month free) and keep the 5GB addon? Thanks in advance!

The $25 credit is your family member's to keep, but I wouldn't try changing the plan unless the credit has already been received. As for the 5GB data bonus, the terms say that it will be lost if a plan change is made.

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SDS wrote:

How to get this offer if I'm a current customer?

Nothing stopping you from buying a SIM and activating using your current referral code and grabbing all the promos.

Otherwise, these offers are rarely for existing customers. How many other providers do that anyway.

I did that a year and a half ago and am still working down that initial 5gb pot of data what with all the freebies given two summers, last Xmas, this summer, this Xmas.

@Anonymous  - The only problem with that approach is the phone number.  Unless something has changed recently, I don't think you can't port your number from one PM account TO another PM account.

I can cofirm that Public Mobile will not perform this procedure. A number in a Public Mobile account can be ported out and back in, but when porting back in, that has to be a new Public Mobile account if both numbers need to be kept.

@Anonymous @Anonymous  One could take advantage, if worth the $, of all new customer deals by using the Fongo trick of making a Fongo number your "permanent" number then forwarding all calls to a PM account. 

You might end up with several $15 accounts (and SIMs 🤣) but one could always be "primary" to garner loyalty reward and the rest abandoned when their value has been consumed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Anonymous 

It all depends how important your number is....you can change your voicemail greeting with the new number to call and suspend your service ( or test out the call forwarding to see if it would work while suspended.) Then just play one number off the other every 90 days. The credit alone covers your first three months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  - The only problem with that approach is the phone number.  Unless something has changed recently, I don't think you can't port your number from one PM account TO another PM account.

@Anonymous 

Yes I suppose I could've given that as a caveat. No you can't move an existing number to a another account.

I _could_ have also said to port out and then back in for the promo thereby keeping ones number. But then you lose the loyalty clock and referrals and any Available Funds and whatever's left of the plan you were on and the added cost of the other SIM and plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.