cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@SDS wrote:

How to get this offer if I'm a current customer?

Nothing stopping you from buying a SIM and activating using your current referral code and grabbing all the promos.

Otherwise, these offers are rarely for existing customers. How many other providers do that anyway.

I did that a year and a half ago and am still working down that initial 5gb pot of data what with all the freebies given two summers, last Xmas, this summer, this Xmas.

@Anonymous  - The only problem with that approach is the phone number.  Unless something has changed recently, I don't think you can't port your number from one PM account TO another PM account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SDS wrote:

Nothing stopping you from buying a SIM and activating using your current referral code and grabbing all the promos.

Otherwise, these offers are rarely for existing customers. How many other providers do that anyway.

I did that a year and a half ago and am still working down that initial 5gb pot of data what with all the freebies given two summers, last Xmas, this summer, this Xmas.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@SDS  Not possible. For new sign ups only.

There are free holiday gifts if you haven't collected them yet. 2 gigs/500 international call minutes. 

See link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Happy Holidays!

SDS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @Triguy and @computergeek541 

Finally got it

@totalUser wrote:

I haven't been able to submit the address, i just get a changing person graphic and the only thing I can do is change the region.

It has been couple of days like that.

Am I the only one going so long?

A few others and I noticed a similar issue not long ago with the Plans page. If you scrolled down, the rest of the content would be there. For me, I what I did was just kept refreshing the page until it looaded properly.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I haven't been able to submit the address, i just get a changing person graphic and the only thing I can do is change the region.

It has been couple of days like that.

Am I the only one going so long?

@adh6501 wrote:

I just activated an eligible account and then saw this message.  Can I have it these promos applied to my activation?

@adh6501 

You might be out of luck.  Did you sign up your email address before activation?  If not, you do not meet the criteria. System is finicky at times.  You could try to sign up your email address now and see what happens in the next 30 days.  Or you could try to contact moderator to see what they can do for you.  Click on chat bubble on right lower corner of website and type: contact moderator and follow prompts to submit ticket.

Don't forget to purchase your free holiday add ons.  2 GB data and 500 long distance minutes.  

adh6501

I just activated an eligible account and then saw this message.  Can I have it these promos applied to my activation?

@Jbruns 

If you preregistered your email address for this promotion and then activated your plan(s), the credit will be in your soon if not already. If you activated without checking the web site or here in the community for promotions first you most likely missed out. But check your account for the amount of available funds you have which depends on whether you used a referral code and whether you signed up for Autopay.

Be certain that you have picked up your two Christmas gifts in your online accounts as well.

AE_Collector

Josh96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I feel the same way. If I knew about this deal I would have waited a little longer to switch to Public. 

Jbruns

My wife and I just signed up on Sunday the 20th. Did we miss out on the boxing week promos?

Did you add the freebies for 2GB data and 500 international LD minutes ?  Also there are two contests.

Presshi

What do I get for being a loyal customer??🥺

Nice catch,  @darlicious 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Nice one

Thanks

@AE_Collector @HALIMACS 

If you note the small print * offer is stackable with other promotions ...infers that as long as you re-register your email with the new offer you will get the 5gb add on bonus data.

Screenshot_20201222-165118.png

@i_refaat wrote:

Is the addition of 5GB monthly, or its just 1 time add-on un renewable? Please confirm

It is a one time bonus. Does not expire until consumed.

@i_refaat 

One time add on that rolls over each month until depleted. Value =$75

i_refaat

Is the addition of 5GB monthly, or its just 1 time add-on un renewable? Please confirm

And anyone activating a new plan in a promotion window (that meets the promotion requirements) got the promotion. Now having to register an email address first messes that up frequently. I am guessing that the email registrations ARE registered against the specific promotion. But if one registers for more than one promotion before activating who knows what happens. 

And yes @darlicious , I never really fit the term “trumps” into conversations all that often and now that I think to use the term more often, I no longer want to. 

AE_Collector

@HALIMACS 

Before we had email registraions for promotions an updated promotion would take prevalance over the previous promotion by the date activated. Anyone activating yesterday would get a second month credit. Anyone activating today ( $25+) would recieve a free month credit and the 5gb data add on. If tomorrow pm added a free sim card then only those who activated then would get the sim card as well.

The most important part of this would be to re-register your email for the current promotion.

Hi @darlicious & @AE_Collector 

Based on the feedback I've received from Mods in recent weeks, they apply the first promo applied for when the same e-mail address is registered on concurrent promos.

That seems odd to me - since if someone decides to register the same e-mail address for a subsequent promo, it would seem to me the intent in doing so would be to benefit from the subsequent promo  (as opposed to a prior one...)

It certainly would be very good for PM to clarify this for prospective members who may be registering the same e-mail address for promos which are running concurrent to each other.

Anyone else have any insight on what happens in this case?

@Catherine_T 

Wow now that's an update! The only thing missing from last years black friday promotion is the free sim card but for anyone who purchased  one from CCS they are practically free! Great job on upping the ante.....now if you snuck in a bonus referral credit for the referrer we would be right back to this time last year minus the pandemic of course. Theres always surprise gifts from Santa to open on Christmas morning......Ho, Ho, Ho!

@AE_Collector @HALIMACS 

I agree some clarification on registering or re-registering email addresses would be good unless the latest promo trumps ( not that trump!) all other promos and a registered email address just needs to be used to activate regardless of when it was registered. 

@Triguy wrote:

@esjliv Try this link.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek

Hi @Triguy thanks - Yes, I did see that path as well.  🙂

Just thought it would be a good thing for @Catherine_T / PM to correct for those who chose to click on the provided link.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I dont understand how these overlapping ever changing promos work with regard to registering your email address. IS the registration of an email address logged against the specific promotion? Thus if you register your email address for the Dec 11-14 promo but before you get activated a better offer such as the Dec 18-21 promo has come and now the Dec 22 offer is better still. What offer would you receive? 

AE_Collector

@pmpublic 

Add-on perks like the holiday gifts are never lost no matter what plan changes you make.

Perks like the 5Gb add-on for new accounts of $25 or higher can be lost by changing plans. I didn't study the offer closely but don’t believe that I noticed a specific clause stating plan changes will forfeit the remainder of the add-on but that has been stated in some prior offers.

AE_Collector

Way to go, Public Mobile.  Loving the sweetened offers.

Some have asked what happens if they just registered for the most recent promo by end of day yesterday.

That's a great question - and one I've asked the Mod's before.

They replied that if you enter the SAME e-mail address for a later promo, if you activate during the time the first promo is still in effect, that it would default to the first promo registered for.

It seems like there are, therefore, 2 options:

1. register a different e-mail address for the subsequent promo, and activate using that e-mail address, or
  2. register the same e-mail address for the subsequent promo (and this is important) wait until the eligibility activation period ends for the first promo before activating on the second promo.

I know, it's confusing.  Other than the options above, I could imagine your only option otherwise would be to seek Moderator assistance after the fact and plead your case which promo you wish to apply for the activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.