cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

"*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost."

@pm-smayer97 That is exactly the line that was added to the post. It wasn't there at all, before!

The question came up due to confusion about whether the 6-month promo would still apply for someone who migrates to a $30+ plan that wasn't in-market before, before the 6 months is up.

The new phrasing also tightens up a loose point in the original post, which did not clearly stipulate that you had to stay on the $30+ plan, but only that you had to activate on one! Clearly PM didn't run the post by their legal team for vetting!  This opened up the interpretation that you could possibly downgrade to a $10 plan and still get $10 off for months 2-6!  The new statement refutes that possibility...

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CalgaryBen thanks for the clarification. Clearly not vetted. With that interpretation, I can see where they are TRYING to go. But they should have first marked it as an edit, and the new language adds new ambiguity...but I get it now... Thx.

@CalgaryBen wrote:
"*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost."

The new phrasing also tightens up a loose point in the original post, which did not clearly stipulate that you had to stay on the $30+ plan, but only that you had to activate on one! Clearly PM didn't run the post by their legal team for vetting!  This opened up the interpretation that you could possibly downgrade to a $10 plan and still get $10 off for months 2-6!  The new statement refutes that possibility...

Oh my!  Oh my, oh my!  I may be shooting myself in the foot (and my apologies to anybody that this post may negatively impact, if this gets fixed), but it looks like the original post, as orignally stated, was literally how the promo was implemented in the backend!

I'm not complaining... and for my benefit, I don't need this fixed!!!

I signed up a new ($30/30 day) account to take advantage of this $10 for 6 months promo, but then had the system change to the $10 50/50 plan on the next cycle (knowing that I'd risk losing the promo).  As I mentioned before, the promo description initially didn't indicate you'd lose the promo by switching to a lower plan, so for fun/curiosity I downgraded (didn't really need the $30 plan in this case) as a test of how this was implemented.

Low and behold, I noticed I got an SMS from 611 on Feb 3 (as I did on Jan 3) indicating I got a $10 credit.  It's also there in my payment transaction history!  Oh, and my billing cycle switched plans on January 25, so as of Feb 3, I should have been disqualified for the promo.  So, with $10 credit every month (plus $2 auto-pay reward!), and being on a $10/30 day plan... you can imagine I'm not complaining... but I also feel obligated to mention this, at the risk of losing it. Smiley Frustrated

Okay, ssshhh...

Mayor / Maire

@CalgaryBen

Sshhh! Smiley Happy

This is a really good deal.  I'm surprised more don't take advantage but people are probably too lured into paying for new phones later.  Happy they brought it back

Oracle

@CalgaryBen it would be interesting to know what happens next month.

I believe there is a list of promoed accounts, the system checks that list to accounts to see if it qualifies and gives the promo.    There might be a delay between when the system checks and when the promo is applied.

This is conjecture on my part.  So who knows. Enjoy while you can. Smiley Happy 

@mimmo wrote:

@CalgaryBen it would be interesting to know what happens next month.

I believe there is a list of promoed accounts, the system checks that list to accounts to see if it qualifies and gives the promo.    There might be a delay between when the system checks and when the promo is applied.

This is conjecture on my part.  So who knows. Enjoy while you can. Smiley Happy 

To close the loop, it seems the loophole has been closed.  Gave it a few extra days in case the schedule changed, but no more $10 credits on this particular line.  But no complaints whatsoever from me!

I think your theory was bang on and makes total sense.  Maybe not the most effective/efficient way to do things, but then PM does seem to do things in odd (read: antiquated) ways in the backend...

EDIT: I posted a day too early!  03/12, I get a text about the $10 credit, and confirmed $10 added to my account!  Quite late by comparison since the last 2 were on 01/03 and 02/03.  So, not sure what to say!  I'm loving it, but also feel a bit guilty for taking advantage of PM. At least I do have a couple other PM lines that I pay for that bring in a higher ARPU, but I'm still around $7/month/line after all the rewards/promos...