cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Jared_K
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

*This offer is online-only.

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

From December 15 to January 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Take advantage of this awesome deal which can also be stacked with our Refer a Friend offer!

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

146 REPLIES 146

@MFBODD If you can't pick up a SIM today but can come to western MIssissauga tomorrow send me a private message. I have a spare SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MFBODD wrote:

Hi

I am planning to take advantage of this offer and ordered a SIM card online, but it may take a week to arrive and the deal expires tomorrow. How do I sign up while waiting for my card, or since I have stated I want this can it be applied once I get my card. It would be odd if I have to wait a week when ordering within the timeframe.

Thank  you

Hi @MFBODD, this offer applies when the line is activated online during the offer period.  The SIM card # (located on the SIM card) is required to activate the line. 

ksoosiah

Hey, your best bet is to get a sim for $10 from TheMobileShop or WOW Mobile today before they close. I also signed up today in store after having issues completing the registration process at home. Hope this helps!

MFBODD

Hi

I am planning to take advantage of this offer and ordered a SIM card online, but it may take a week to arrive and the deal expires tomorrow. How do I sign up while waiting for my card, or since I have stated I want this can it be applied once I get my card. It would be odd if I have to wait a week when ordering within the timeframe.

Thank  you

Avickers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought my Sim Card at a Walmart and they did sell it to me without issue as I preferred to activate online to get promotions. He did mention no refund if it didn't work. Which Walmart did you go to? I visited the one at Gerrard Square in Toronto(Pape/Gerrard). 

Carld123

@Hswan wrote:

Hi!  I just purchased a SIM card and started an account today with a $30/month plan, however I was charged $30plus taxes, and I don’t see on the online account summary the $10 discount being applied.  Is there something else I need to do?  

Thank you.

@Hswan

Your first 10$ credit will be given to you before your first renewal...the balance of the discounts the same way....you dont instantly see them

Pizzaeh

Hi @Hswan, under the Offer Details it says...

"On 30-day plans, $10 credits applied to account in months 1-6 and can be used in months 2-7. Customers who activate on 90-day plans will have $10 credits applied every 30 days. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash. First credit will be applied by January 31 2019. If a customer falls into suspend or inactive state during the promotion, they will no longer be eligible for the promotion."

Hope this helps,

Pizzaeh

Asima

Message to one of the moderators. You should get a discount if activation was during the promo period.

Hswan

Hi!  I just purchased a SIM card and started an account today with a $30/month plan, however I was charged $30plus taxes, and I don’t see on the online account summary the $10 discount being applied.  Is there something else I need to do?  

Thank you.

Carld123

@Asima wrote:

Thats bad. I was planning to visit and buy one. and now 0nly 2,3 days of promo left. Any chance this promo extend one more month.

@Asima

Chances are it wont..but you never know...hurry to the store..😀

Asima

Thats bad. I was planning to visit and buy one. and now 0nly 2,3 days of promo left. Any chance this promo extend one more month.

Asima

Agreed I will also like to know. And also any chance this promo can be extended for one more month?

GiantSeat

@pm-smayer97 and @Carld123, thanks for the replies!

@GiantSeat wrote:

If I want to take advantage of this promotion, could I open a second line/activate a new Public Mobile SIM?  Would that second line qualify for the $10 credit for 6 months?

Can I still use the same Public Mobile account, linked to the email address I used when signing up for the first Public Mobile line, or should I use a different email address?

Thanks,

GS

To take advantage of ANY promo you simply have to buy a new SIM. Each SIM is handled as a NEW separate customer... referrals/referrees are simply trcked and managed based on the telephone numbers.

And yes, for each SIM you need a unique e-mail. Not sure if "disposible" e-mail accounts can be used. If so, then all your mail could go to the same e-mail account.

Carld123

@GiantSeat

One email address per sim card...and the promo is stackable with the 25$ referral bonus..Online only remember...

GiantSeat

If I want to take advantage of this promotion, could I open a second line/activate a new Public Mobile SIM?  Would that second line qualify for the $10 credit for 6 months?

Can I still use the same Public Mobile account, linked to the email address I used when signing up for the first Public Mobile line, or should I use a different email address?

Thanks,

GS

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@danlee wrote:

Yayyyy!!! Anyone need referral code for $25, PM me

@danleeThere is risk associated with giving out your phone number to strangers.

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yayyyy!!! Anyone need referral code for $25, PM me

stewart1

On your next billing cycle account.

dghu

I just activated $35 plan online. Paid for the full price. Would the $10 off show up in my account as credit soon?

stewart1

Yes it will show up within a few days .Relax It will be credited on your plan in the top box of your online account.

You can also see all your calls that were made to your phone their.

naomikoo

Will this credit be applied automatically? I just went out and bought and activated a Public Mobile SIM card today, with the $40 plan. I activated the SIM card online, I don't see the $10 in my credits applied to the next auto-pay bill.

Keagenmiller

What an amazing company to be this generous to newcomers. I left Rogers for PM and cannot believe I have spent so much of my money on two cell phone plans with even less data than that which I have now for only one third the price. Im seriously recruiting everyone I can to take up this great service. 

Wish I knew about PM so much sooner! 

Carld123

@sellychan93 wrote:

Soooo be patient and wait? 😛 

@sellychan93

Yep...if you followed the promo requirements...youll recieve the benefits...

sellychan93

Soooo be patient and wait? 😛 

Carld123

@sellychan93

First credit within the first 30 days.....2-6 before each renewal..

sellychan93

I bought a SIM card yesterday (Dec 23), and came online to activate it today (Dec 24). I no longer saw the $10 off for the first 6 months offer on the front page 😞 But according to this thread, the offer should be good until January 1st. 

Should I be seeing this "promotional credit" reflected somewhere on my account when I log in? 

@AR-IM wrote:

Should have some offer for existing customers as loyalty program  

If you are a PM customer, you should know that there are all kinds of loyalty programs.

You can start by reading about them here: Rewards

In summary, they include:

Loyalty Rewards - additional $1/30 days reward for each year with PM (max $5/mo)

AutoPay Rewards - $2/30 days for using AutoPay

Refer a Friend Rewards - $1/30 days rewards for each customer referred to PM (as long as they stay with PM) - unlimited PLUS they get a one-time $10 credit.

Help the Community Rewards - community rewards for helping others on this forum (from $1 up to $15/30 days; $20/30 days if you become an Oracle)

And the latest  promo rewards here:

Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

(which started in mid-Nov for 2 weeks, then got extended twice; once to mid-Dec, and again to Jan 1)

AR-IM

Should have some offer for existing customers as loyalty program  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@wu_victor wrote:

What if I already activated a 40 dollar plan? Is it too late to get the 10 dollars off?

When did you activate, and did you activate online or in store?  The credit happens automatically as long you have met the criteria for the promotion.

Well, it is "automatic" in that you should not have to request anything but it is actually processed manually 😉

But if the 30 days pass and you still did not get your first credit, then you will need to contact the moderator_team... then it will definitely no longer be "automatic" (LOL)

Need Help? Let's chat.