Did you mean: 

Loyalty Pays

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 18, 2018

The Loyalty Reward

How does it work?

On the first plan renewal date, after 12 months of tenure as a Public Mobile member, you will begin to earn a recurring Loyalty Reward for as long as you remain an active Public Mobile customer on that account. Regardless of what plan you are on, your tenure will continue to accumulate as long as your account remains active. If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days your account was suspended.

Loyalty Reward Amount Earned

30-day plan

90-day plan

After 1 year

$1/30 days

$3/90 days

After 2 years

$2/30 days

$6/90 days

After 3 years

$3/30 days

$9/90 days

After 4 years

$4/30 days

$12/90 days

After 5 years and onwards

$5/30 days

$15/90 days

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.

109 REPLIES 109

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @kav2001c and @deltatux - The post quotes "Tenure is accumulated when you are an active customer (activated after May 2014), no matter what plan you are on."

That means you can only start getting Loyalty Pays rewards once you are on an eligible plan but the tenure count is on since you activate your account. 

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c wrote:
Ok here is a question for tenure. If I am on an older grandfather plan for a year, then decide to change to a new eligible plan, when does Public count my tenure from? Initial activation date or plan change date?

@kav2001c, my understanding is that by doing so, the change date is what counts as you haven't been on the new plans previously. Though, if I'm mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire
Ok here is a question for tenure. If I am on an older grandfather plan for a year, then decide to change to a new eligible plan, when does Public count my tenure from? Initial activation date or plan change date?

ruthrafaela11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need pay my bill for octuber these all,tomorrow is last day

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you became a customer before January 27, 2015, you are not entitled to any rewards or credits. When purchasing your phone, you were offered a new Moto G at a significant discount, or a free refurbished Samsung.

I hope this answers your question.

BLD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It has been over a year since I was forced to buy a new phone to switch to the 3G network.  Why have my rewards not started?  My service has gone uninterrupted, so there is no excuse.  I would like an answer, please.  Thank you.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@chanie

Vous pouvez toujours migrer vers un de nos nouveaux forfaits. Ensuite, vous seriez en mesure de recevoir des récompense ainsi que la récompense de fidélité.

Merci

chanie
C'est stupide... Ça devrait être le contraire... Ça le dit : Loyauté

Martin
Legend
Legend
Bonjour,

Je regrette de vous informer que seules les personnes qui sont devenus des clients après le 27 Janvier 2015 résident droit à des récompenses basées sur la loyauté.

chanie
Ça fait 2ab ans que je suis avec public mobile.. Et je ne reçoit pas ma loyauté
Merci

@sanjeev400,

Happy to read these words !

Martin
Legend
Legend

sanjeev400

Hello,

Am very happy to be one of your client since 2011, it is great!

Thanks for everything,

Sanjeev Musruck

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@sexijst, You obviously didn't bother to read my reply and then you come back and say you paid $3000 and received no service. Just want to know why you kept paying every month with your total coming up to $3000 if you received no service? and like the above two poster said your plan has no effect on the phone. Perhaps it's time to get a new phone. But please don't keep paying every month if you are not getting service because that will just add more money to the $3000 you have already paid to publicmobile

Martin
Legend
Legend
Sexijst,

As Griff mentioned, your plan has no effect whatsoever on your phone.

It's quite possible that, if you were to explain in detail under what circumstances you need to restart your phone, we may be able to trouble-shoot the problem, and solve it.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Sexijst 

The loyalty rewards only apply to the new plans - those introduced after January 27th 2015, in order to receive the credit your friends that sign up must be sure to write in your phone number under the section asking if they were referred by a friend.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I have to change my plan because I am so sick and tire of power resetting my phone and losing everything!" as the plan you're on doesn't effect the phone. 

Sexijst
I've been a customer going on 3 if not 4 years, still haven't received a thing, also I signed over 20 people to this company but yet nothing happen, I pay over $40 a month to not even receive what I pay for! It's getting redicious to the point where I have to change my plan because I am so sick and tire of power resetting my phone and losing everything! I have been paying this company over $3000.00 but yet never received the the service I or my family pay for! Please help me

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Would rather have the loyalty rewards with the new sad plans to save a few bucks or would you rather keep your old sweet plan that offer more value then any thing in the market today.

I will let you decide but for me I love my old plans on various public mobile lines and would never give them up in return for some reward that you may or may not get and not to mention even if you did get the rewards you will still be paying more and get less value

Newivory

I have been using Public Mobile service for 3 or 4 years. That's enough loyalty I guess to get some savings! How can I avail the loyalty savings?

Need Help? Let's chat.