cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From February 8 to March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

246 REPLIES 246

jasmitnarula
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Whats the point in continuing if there are no benefits for existing loyal customers?

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Carlos_Z @Lieux Thanks! I already love the community here! There was nothing like this with Rogers.

Carlos_Z
Customer Support Agent

Hey @wickedgx

Welcome to our family! 

Carlos.

Welcome @wickedgx to public mobile!!

And you can other here with their problem! Just read posts and learn how it works!Smiley Wink

wickedgx

WOO! I just joined Public from Robbers to take advantage of this offer! Everything from buying a SIM and porting my number went smoothly, only took like 30min at midnight. No problems so far.

@Angelface wrote:

Do I have to do anything to ensure I get the 10 off limited time offer for six months...that's why I signed up

You don't have to do anything but follow the terms of the promotion.  Public Mobile takes care of issuing the credits.

NO @Angelface @just wait!!!!

18A7B07F-9B91-4CFB-B758-E0E37D2E6E1A.png

Angelface
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do I have to do anything to ensure I get the 10 off limited time offer for six months...that's why I signed up

Pizzaeh

@Hello1 wrote:

I have bought and activated 2 new lines two days ago. I was offered this promo but I don’t see it applied in my accounts. When I will see applied $10 off for 6 months? 

From the first post:

• The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.

Hello1

I have bought and activated 2 new lines two days ago. I was offered this promo but I don’t see it applied in my accounts. When I will see applied $10 off for 6 months? 

It being for new activation was obvious to me.  Most save a $ amount or percentage off promo are.

@RattsSSV, activate means to make function.

Change, means to modify.

So, to activate something is to make new.  To change is to modify existing.

Makes sense to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RattsSSV wrote:

It's a shame the header for the offer didn't include "For new activations only". It would have saved people time and frustration. Maybe something to think about for future offers.

There are several places around here that could be better worded.

But "Activate" implies new already. Not switch plan.

RattsSSV

It's a shame the header for the offer didn't include "For new activations only". It would have saved people time and frustration. Maybe something to think about for future offers.

Pizzaeh

@Chewbacca wrote:

With all due respect, as PM does have competitive prices, this promo is a real snub at those of us who activated our account with PM, and encouraged others to do so also, within the past few months. Perhaps some incentives for existing customers would be appropriate? For those of us who switched to PM before this promo began, we saw nothing close to $60 credit.

For this promotion it's really $50 since we had to buy the SIM card. Which is slightly better than the free SIM and one month free for the $30 plan (total $40) promotion.   

For existing customers what kinds of incentives were you thinking of? Might as well put them out there.

Chewbacca

With all due respect, as PM does have competitive prices, this promo is a real snub at those of us who activated our account with PM, and encouraged others to do so also, within the past few months. Perhaps some incentives for existing customers would be appropriate? For those of us who switched to PM before this promo began, we saw nothing close to $60 credit.

deepropar

Great Promo, just joined PM 🙂

PATIENCE the 10$ will be put in your available funds in few days...up to 30 days to appear @juleswatts Smiley Wink

On 30-day plans, $10 credits applied to account in months 1-6 and can be used in months 2-7. Customers who activate on 90-day plans will have $10 credits applied every 30 days. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash. First credit will be applied within 30 days. If a customer falls into suspend or inactive state during the promotion, they will no longer be eligible for the promotion.

juleswatts

I activated last week (February 13) and i'm on autopay. How can i see that the $10 credit is going to be applied on my profile? So far i just see the $2 credit for paying automatically on my credit card being applied to the next bill.

heatD

I sent a message. thank you

Lag333

These people setting up the promotions for Public Mobile need to learn to spread out promos and give a 1 week price adjustment policy for customer satisfaction. Fire the person who doesn't know how to do this. It's a simple concept already utilized by retailers.

I feel everybody's missed promo pains. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @ heatD, 

Thank you for reaching out. 

For further assistance with this matter, can you please send us a private message at https://bit.ly/2CDoc2k.

Thank you!

@heatD wrote:

I signed up a few days ago. I don't see it in my rewards. Will it show up at the end of the first 30 days? also if I get a frirend to sign up for the earn $25 reward right now will I get both?

Yes, the $10 off each month for 6 months will show up before your renewal.  The details of the promotion say that the first credit will be paid to you within 30 days.

If you refer a friend who signs up, you will both get a $25 credit, as long as your friend does online activation by March 4, 2019.

heatD

I signed up a few days ago. I don't see it in my rewards. Will it show up at the end of the first 30 days? also if I get a frirend to sign up for the earn $25 reward right now will I get both?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey jabeenra, 

We hope you’re day is going good so far, We will be glad to help you with your question about the $10 credit. 

Please allow me to share with you the following information about it. 

• The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if any questions arise, as We remain at your disposal for any future inquiry.

cezary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Jabeenra, I also activated a @$30 plan today and wasy told that the $10 off will start on the 2nd month meaning from month 2-7 you'll get the $10 off. 

@jabeenra wrote:

@CS_AgentI just activated a sim today, however I did not recieve a credit of $10 on my account. My plan falls between the deadline dates and is also a $30/month plan. Please help me figure this out

The details of the promotion (first message in this thread) say to wait up to 30 days to receive the first credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jabeenra wrote:

@CS_AgentI just activated a sim today, however I did not recieve a credit of $10 on my account. My plan falls between the deadline dates and is also a $30/month plan. Please help me figure this out

You're probably meaning the promo $10 but you could also be thinking of the referral $10.

The promo $10 won't appear until near your next renewal.

The referral $10 will show in a couple days.

Hello @jabeenra...you are not with the moderator...but with customer like you...

When did you activate your plan? If you have just activated your plan you will need few days(up to 30 days) to see your 10$ credit in your available funds in your self serve account...be patient!!Smiley Happy

jabeenra

Need Help? Let's chat.