cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From February 8 to March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

246 REPLIES 246

ryjawar77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile rates are awesome as it is. The $10/mo is just icing on the cake. I come from paying almost $400/mo for 4 phones (just swapped mine from Koodo) and will switch the others as they come due and their tabs are paid off. We pay too much for wireless service in Canada. I just see this as one more way we can keep our wireless costs down.

@Cmilton14 wrote:

I’ve had this carrier for 3 months now and this was available when I signed up but was  never offered to me. I would like this deal as I have always has a $30+ plan. Can someone contact me about this or is there someone I can contact? I went to public mobile because my old carrier was just too expensive. Public mobile was reasonable but still a bit high for my budget. If I could get the offer of $10 off per month for the next even 3 months, it would help greatly. I should have also been offered this when I signed up so public mobile should honour this! Please let me know and get back to me! Thank you!

-A

If you had registered when this promo was offered on a qualifying plan it would have credited your account automatically.  Are you sure this was a valid offer when you signed up or was it offered after you signed up?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cmilton14  the offer is only valid for new activations. So as a current customer  you are not eligible. 

Cmilton14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve had this carrier for 3 months now and this was available when I signed up but was  never offered to me. I would like this deal as I have always has a $30+ plan. Can someone contact me about this or is there someone I can contact? I went to public mobile because my old carrier was just too expensive. Public mobile was reasonable but still a bit high for my budget. If I could get the offer of $10 off per month for the next even 3 months, it would help greatly. I should have also been offered this when I signed up so public mobile should honour this! Please let me know and get back to me! Thank you!

-A

cklai138

1. You'll get the first credit ($10) within 30 days, however referral credits are immediate (from my experience)

2. You do get $2 credit every month if you activate autopay but discounts are not applied at the point of transaction but rather as credits after the fact...so yes, your net cost for each month is still indeed $31.64 for the first six months, but your credit card will still be charged $45.2 each month

If you go into 'transaction history' under 'payment' in your self-serve account, this will be clear as you'll be able to see each individual journal entry

@steveh9970 Same answer...you will see your first 10$ credit within 30 days ....good for your 2-7 month fee plan.Smiley Wink

@almunacompany That's normal...you will see your credit within 30 days in your available funds in your self serve account.Smiley Wink it will be for your 2-7 month fee...

almunacompany
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I active it today , but I paid the full amount $30 plus tax. I didnt receive any $10 credit. Please verify. 

Thanks

almunacompany

Hi

I active it today , but I paid the full amount $30 plus tax. I didnt receive any $10 credit. Please verify. 

Thanks

steveh9970

Hi, There,

I ordered $40 plan with 5G data. I was charged  40*1.13 =$45.2. When can I get my first credit $10 back? In addition, I also asked the staff to register the autopay, I can get $2 back for each month. Should it be 28*1.13=31.64?

Thanks.

Regards.

mimmo

@rich24  the 25$ bonis comes within 72 hours as long as you activated online, nor at a retail store the 10 credit is applied mid term or just before renewal

rich24

I had signed up with Public Mobile with a referral and I do not see the $10 off a month and the $25 dollar referral. 

Is there something I am not seeing in the account?

Richard

Xxx Xxx xxx

Edit by mimmo removed personal info

Pizzaeh

@colinwang wrote:

about this activity .i want to know 10dollar can   offset  monthly rent of    plan    it means if i    buy a 30 dollar plan than i just need to pay  20dollar one month

You pay $30 the first month, then $20 for months 2 to 7.   The first $10 credit is added to your account within 30 days.

If you turn on autopay you will also get an extra $2 credit each month. This credit will continue to be applied to your account as long as autopay is turned on.

colinwang

about this activity .i want to know 10dollar can   offset  monthly rent of    plan    it means if i    buy a 30 dollar plan than i just need to pay  20dollar one month

Dahlia

I was not aware of this offer when i activated my phone but i was given the $10 credit. So you will likely get it applied to your account fairly soon also. Best of luck to you.

@Km3, tips for what specifically?  It just works (for most people)

Km3

Awesome. Thanks so much. 

Any tips to get PM working,? 

Metal1967

@Km3 

The 10$ credit will appear before your next renewal..months 2-7

Km3

Hi, Iam still trying to figure out how to activate as so many small things  New one. Is don't. Enter. Apt #.. I see. The 2off for, next month but nothing about 10 $ savings. Any help please  Thank you. Should I continue to activate or wait.  Kind regards 

Km3

Hi  I just signed up   still trying to figure out how activate  Seen another issue saying DON NOT ENTER. APRTMENT 

ruif71

Its a great Promo.  $10.00 creits start on the 2nd month.

Metal1967

@Lpham1111 wrote:

Hello, I have received my first bill and it does not show the $10 credit back. Can you please help? Thank you.

This promo started feb 8 th...so if you activated on it your renewal should not be here yet..also..its months 2-7 that you recieve the 10$

Lpham1111

Hello, I have received my first bill and it does not show the $10 credit back. Can you please help? Thank you.

Metal1967

@akshayh wrote:

what is 25 +25?

If you would have activated online..you and your referal would have recieved 25$ each

akshayh

what is 25 +25?

mimmo

@akshayh  the referal comes 72 hours and the 10$ for 6 months arrives mid cycle. What you missed out on is the 25 +25 referal. 

akshayh

I have activate $40 plan on 25th Feb 2019 in Burnaby, the retailer told me I will get this offer but I am not sure about it because I had also used my friend's referral and I didn't get referal reward of $10. Why did the retailer lied to me? I could have bought the connection online. 

Pizzaeh

@jasmitnarula wrote:

Whats the point in continuing if there are no benefits for existing loyal customers?

Ummmm, reasonable prices, multiple ways to earn rewards/credits, community helping each other resolve any issues encountered, special announcements, nice shade of orange (not too bright).  That's all I got; may have been reaching on that last one. 

popping

@jasmitnarula wrote:

Whats the point in continuing if there are no benefits for existing loyal customers?

Reasons for staying with PM:

1.  No overage - great for teenage phone

2.  Referral reward, autopay reward, loyalty reward will lower your monthly cost.

3.  You may get a migration offer to Koodo $35/5GB plan.  YMMV

Need Help? Let's chat.