cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From February 8 to March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

246 REPLIES 246

@ghelper wrote:

@colinwang wrote:

do u know how to take a international call 。i have tried but the answer is my account dont have long-distance service

As it's a prepaid service, you need to add it on to your plan. It's 400 international minutes for $15 or 200 US and Canada minutes for $8. The minutes do not expire and carry forward if unused for the month. 

?

You don't need long distance add-on to "take" an international call.  Why did you think that?

colinwang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

333.pngso about this add ones (400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) - )incloud 400mins call china

ghelper

@colinwang wrote:

do u know how to take a international call 。i have tried but the answer is my account dont have long-distance service

As it's a prepaid service, you need to add it on to your plan. It's 400 international minutes for $15 or 200 US and Canada minutes for $8. The minutes do not expire and carry forward if unused for the month. 

colinwang

colinwang

actually i dont know i just buy it today

colinwang

thank you

tinactkung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don’t even know 😄

Thanks @Metal1967 @and have a good night!!!!Smiley Wink

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tinactkung wrote:

Same here . 

I decided to give public a try , and the amount never showed up on my account . I wrote to public asking if it’ll be credited later on , so I hope so.

When was your activation?

You will receive you first $10 credit within 30 days after activation.

From my experience, PM is good to deposit credit subscribers' account.

Metal1967

@Lieux 

Do you ever sleep??...your here at all hours...you get bravos all the time but here is an honest THANK YOU....keep it up..

Never...do you mean not within 30 days or more @tinactkung ?

tinactkung

Same here . 

I decided to give public a try , and the amount never showed up on my account . I wrote to public asking if it’ll be credited later on , so I hope so.

Metal1967

@danieltubb wrote:

I picked up a SIM at walmart, I activated it online, signed up for a 

>$30 plan, and I transfered my Kodoo number succesfully. All is good, and the $10 credit will arrive sometimes this month, and apply for the months 2 through 7.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Daniel

@danieltubb 

Sounds like youve got things under control..enjoy your public mobile experience...👍..more for less..😀

Continue to be active on the forum...and you will have some rewards for the communitySmiley Happy. And refer a friend or a family member and receive both the 25$ for an activation onlineSmiley Wink...before the 18th march!Smiley Wink

danieltubb

I picked up a SIM at walmart, I activated it online, signed up for a 

>$30 plan, and I transfered my Kodoo number succesfully. All is good, and the $10 credit will arrive sometimes this month, and apply for the months 2 through 7.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Daniel

Yes you will @colinwang ...the 10$ will go in your available funds in the next 30 days and will be taken for your mext billSmiley Happy..same with the month 3 to 7...

Good job with your pictures!!!

colinwang

1111.png22222.png

hollow i have book a $30 plan today. so next month i will have $10 back right?

anniemh2220
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
No, I have no intention of getting a new SIM card, I'll just keep the number I have and pay the amount I have been paying.

Thanks ☺️

@anniemh2220 wrote:
Really? *sigh* 🙄

Thanks for the info.

I don't recommend you to get a new sim if you already have an existing account. If your number matters to you, you will not be able to directly port in to a new account as porting from PM to PM is not allowed. 

anniemh2220
Really? *sigh* 🙄

Thanks for the info.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@anniemh2220 wrote:
I was just looking at this offer!
I changed my plan on Thursday night, and although I'm not a new customer shouldn't I be able to benefit from this?
Does anyone know if you change your plan whether or not you can use this $10 savings?
It would be great to be able to save a little bit of money for a change.

Get a new Sim go for $25 credit

@anniemh2220 wrote:
I changed my plan on Thursday night, and although I'm not a new customer shouldn't I be able to benefit from this?
Does anyone know if you change your plan whether or not you can use this $10 savings?

Sorry, but you're not eligible.  This promotion is for new customers only.

anniemh2220

sue-s

Thanks for the information, I was wondering how that credit worked.

Pizzaeh

@Cmilton14 wrote:

I am now 30 days min past the 30 wait time. 

What is meant by “30 days min past the 30 wait time”?

You’ve been a Public Mobile customer for 3 months, did you switch plans during the past 3 months?  If so, what was your previous plan and what is your current plan?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cmilton14  you said you have need here for 3 months. This promo/announcement started feb 8. Well after you signed up.  Could you be thinking of a different promo?

@Cmilton14 @At a Telus location??!? Never heard that you can activate a PM card here....Only online by yourself or at store: Walmart wow mobile...

Cmilton14

I am now 30 days min past the 30 wait time. 

Cmilton14

Yes it was available when I signed up. The only issue I saw was that I signed up at a TELUS location. My old provider was TELUS. However I did have to buy a new SIM card and it was a new account. 

Cmilton14

I was a new activation. That’s my point. 

Need Help? Let's chat.