Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Different Mobile Experience is Here!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

Get ready to experience Public Mobile differently.  

As a digital-first brand, we’re passionate about bringing subscribers ultimate flexibility and convenience at their fingertips. With exciting new upgrades made to benefit valued customers like you, here are some of the features you can look forward to:

Reliable 5G Network

Now you can upgrade to 5G and access premium wireless service on our award-winning national network. 

Shop 5G subscriptions 

Subscription Plans

Canada’s First 5G Subscription Phone Plans.

Your music, your shows, your groceries – now your phone. Subscribe in minutes with eSIM, choose the plan that suits you, and pay the same every month.

Shop all subscription plans

All Access App

With the Public Mobile app, you’re in control. 

Conveniently manage your account and find online solutions anytime you need.

Download the app

Get Rewarded

Earn Public Points™ simply by being a subscriber.

Public PointsTM are the rewards you earn simply by being a subscriber. Use your points towards lowering your monthly payments, purchasing add-ons, and more.

More on rewards

Learn more about what’s new

Find answers to any questions you have about these new offerings and through My Account, or the Public Mobile app.

J_PM_0-1684923383429.png

230 REPLIES 230

@Grinch wrote:

Ok....my original community name is MrChizzelFlint. Now it says Mrchizzelfkint <== did I do that? I can't change it back as it says that name already exists.  

You got your name back? 😁

Now I see you changed it again! To Grinch! Did this all put you in a bad mood like many of us?

@mabba18 wrote:

Just joined PM a month ago, and the biggest attraction to me was the roll-over data add-ons. Shame if that is gone now, and I guess I will start shopping around again.

@mabba18 , it is very disappointing for most of us also! 😕 I don’t use much data & I can’t afford to waste the money to throw away data when goes unused! I relied on rollover data for emergencies! Especially when electricity goes out which happens often at times for up to 12 hours!

I am hoping PM hears our concerns & changes their minds! 🙏🏼 

mabba18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just joined PM a month ago, and the biggest attraction to me was the roll-over data add-ons. Shame if that is gone now, and I guess I will start shopping around again.

@Kristowhy wrote:

Am I understanding things correctly in that all new activations are now only done via the app?  Is it still possible to do a new activation via website, or is it only via manual interaction with a CSA?  

@Kristowhy , go to top of page, select Shop , select a Plan, Subscribe Online, Sign Up! 

Sorry, took me a minute to look it up!

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Am I understanding things correctly in that all new activations are now only done via the app?  Is it still possible to do a new activation via website, or is it only via manual interaction with a CSA?  

@Geedubz wrote:

Where is the change phone number feature? I use to see it and I can’t seem to find it anywhere. The always having to input a confirmation code is very annoying as well. I downloaded the app and it keeps making me renter my login info and then I have to input the texted confirmation code which is super annoying

@Geedubz , sign into your “My Account “, on lower left of screen click the arrow > , select “Profile “, select the pencil icon next to your phone number & change your phone number there!

Sorry, I had to sign into My Account to find it for you & figure it out but now I also know how in case I need to! 🙂

@Geedubz 

The change phone number feature is in Profile.

Geedubz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where is the change phone number feature? I use to see it and I can’t seem to find it anywhere. The always having to input a confirmation code is very annoying as well. I downloaded the app and it keeps making me renter my login info and then I have to input the texted confirmation code which is super annoying

Charley13

Also- I have my payment method on file, it’s supposed to charge me automatically and it never does. We wake up and our phones don’t work on the day the bill is due, and it doesn’t let me pay ahead. 

Charley13

Customer service ticket! I am being charged a different price than other months even though my plan did not change. It says taxes, but I was already paying taxes before. There’s a new portal now, did I get scammed? 

gb23

It's still a prepaid service which is a big difference. It's just strange that PM is now superior to Koodo having an app as well as Fido and Virgin with 5G.

gooru

Completely agree. Public mobile is basically Koodo now. 

CaptCaper

Confirming my plan change did go through. 

I did not receive a text message about my credit card withdrawl. Hope that returns for the next pay cycle.

Baba234

This is one of the most exciting things in recent times. Hopefully Telus does not play the price increasing game later 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Personal opinion here, I’m not a fan of this rebrand. Did we not recently just rebrand two years ago ?

I miss the old website, it was so much cleaner to navigate, and didnt look so mush. Not a fan of the colour scheme either, I think it’s less visually appealing now. 

Anyway, theme aside, the plans are heading in the wrong direction. The 25 and 15 aren’t even advertised anymore, and are no longer the star, data add ons expire now, and the points system is being pushed harder. 

5G is quite cool and all, however this is a flanker brand, and I feel like it should stay that way. The 5G plan prices still can’t compare with some of the parent company offerings, so pointless anyway, only wrecking things more for us. 

It’s the beginning of the end….

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow, dropping so much new stuff suddenly! I am excited to be a part of this ride but I can feel the aftereffects already 😬 

I will be heading over to the bug report thread now...lol

CaptCaper

I was taken care of by CS_Agent via PM.

I'm reassured my plan change will go through.

Fingers crossed!

@A_CX_PM wrote:

Stay tuned for a post tomorrow! 

@A_CX_PM , if there’s any of us left by then! 🤣

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , can we please have the Feedback Post? Or keep it all here? Make a list of the issues & post it on here to you?

CaptCaper

I signed into Public Selfverve today to check on my requested plan change slated to take effect at the end of my current 90-day plan cycle on May 25th. I'm on auto-pay with a credit card.

The old self-help portal showed the pending plan change to take effect on May 25th. But on the new portal, I do not see my requested plan change.

Do I just wait and see what happens on May 25th or do I need to take action now in order to maintain continuous service?

@maximum_gato wrote:

@geogolem (can't tag you?)

After the first texted 2FA code expires there's a voice message option. You can call your voicemail to recieve the Code. Apparently....I haven't tested this option yet.

@geogolem 

@Grinch wrote:

Ok....so it looks like I did the change/typo. 

When I log into the My Account the new way and then click Community it set up a new community account because of my typo. I am now totally afraid to set up my other 2 accounts. 

@Grinch , whoops! I have dyslexia so I’m surprised I didn’t do the same! Maybe copy & paste info? 🤔😬 Make sure you tell the CSA so they can fix it for your “My Account to match correctly!

Edit: Maybe a nap to? 😁

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@geogolem (can't tag you?)

After the first texted 2FA code expires there's a voice message option. You can call your voicemail to recieve the Code. Apparently....I haven't tested this option yet.

Grinch

Ok....so it looks like I did the change/typo. 

When I log into the My Account the new way and then click Community it set up a new community account because of my typo. I am now totally afraid to set up my other 2 accounts. 

Grinch

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Grinch wrote:

Ok....my original community name is MrChizzelFlint. Now it says Mrchizzelfkint <== did I do that? I can't change it back as it says that name already exists.  

@Grinch , oh boy! I don’t know! You can ask a CSA what happened! Are we having fun yet? 🤔

lol....this is toooooooo much for me today. I guess I will take one step at a time.....x 3 accounts. I guess the CSA's are going to be busy for a few days. 

jamiepm1

This is the issue I'm having. CSA said they can't do anything...

@Grinch wrote:

@Grinch , oh boy! I don’t know! You can ask a CSA what happened! Are we having fun yet? 🤔

Grinch

@LitlLdy 

I only use incognito to access my account - now with the additional hurdle of needing a magic number every time I log in.

I have yet to try the other accounts I help manage, it feels like log in can be finicky (copy paste the six digit number doesn't work, for example)

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@sobu to make sure your quickly resolve the issue regarding your phone submit another ticket to CS_Agent. If you have your ticket ID somewhere provide to the agent in your second round. 

I will reach out through DM for next steps regarding your account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.