cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

tonyg2k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The worst customer user experience I've had in a while.

I can't open a a ticket to ask for help.  I can log in to the community, as you can see buy the fact that I am typing this. BUT, if I try to open a ticket, it asks me to log in again, but then won't accept my credentials.  I've tried this many ways, cleared caches, switch browsers.  The ticketing system is designed to prevent me from opening tickets, and there is no other way to get help?

Why do I want to open a ticket?  Data metering is not working correctly.  I've used 250 MB out of the 2 GB I am supposed to have, but Public mobile has shut off data and sent me a message saying I've used 100% of the data on my account.  This has happened on both of our phones (one my wife's phone, it happens every month).  I'm not sure what I can do about it, since I can't open a ticket.  Hoping someone at PM sees this and responds. 

No longer a happy customer, sadly.

5 REPLIES 5

@tonyg2k 

As far as the ticketing issue goes I am no fan of Simon. I use the "slower" method of just sending a private message. Use the following guide to speed up your wait time when submiting a service request without using the ticketing process to prioritize ticket urgency.

Spoiler

Use the link supplied at the bottom of this post and the instructions to send a private message and include a detailed message explaining the issue. Then add the following.....

1. Full name and address /or province and postal code on your account.
  2. Email, pin # and phone #. 

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.(n/a on new accounts)
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.
  7. Activation date.
  8. Last 4 digits of your sim card.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour or less. Ask for a review link if you would like to rate the customer service you have recieved. 

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@tonyg2k 

I had explained this in a post but that disappears when oracles create new threads when dont start your own. Looks like I've been slamDunkmanned......

So let me try again.... Unless you are on the limited time promotional plan $30/2gb from last year or the $25/1gb plan with a promotional 1gb for 6 months.....then it sounds like you are on the $15/100 outgoing minutes plan w/250mb of data w/autopay. Did you get the "more the merrier" 2gb data add on gift from pm at xmas time? This is a one time add on that rolls over every month til consumed. It sounds like you both exceeded your monthly plan allotment and started to consume the add on each cycle until you both finally consumed it. Once that happened you start to get plan data warnings from pm at 75%, 95% and 100%. You need to either increase you data plan or employ data saving techniques and curtail your data consumption to stay on the lowest data plan.

tonyg2k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Right, that's the problem, BUT it happens long before I run out of data.  If I check daily usage in my PM account, it adds up to 250 MB (which agrees with what my phone reports), but I should have lots left at this point. The spot you refer to lists nothing, implying that I have used it all up, and PM sent me a text messaging saying i had used 100%.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tonyg2k wrote:

The worst customer user experience I've had in a while.

I can't open a a ticket to ask for help.  I can log in to the community, as you can see buy the fact that I am typing this. BUT, if I try to open a ticket, it asks me to log in again, but then won't accept my credentials.  I've tried this many ways, cleared caches, switch browsers.  The ticketing system is designed to prevent me from opening tickets, and there is no other way to get help?

Why do I want to open a ticket?  Data metering is not working correctly.  I've used 250 MB out of the 2 GB I am supposed to have, but Public mobile has shut off data and sent me a message saying I've used 100% of the data on my account.  This has happened on both of our phones (one my wife's phone, it happens every month).  I'm not sure what I can do about it, since I can't open a ticket.  Hoping someone at PM sees this and responds. 

No longer a happy customer, sadly.

@tonyg2k 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  The ticketing system can be finicky.  

In your self service accounts, can you see your 2GB data tracker in your overview page, under Data and Add ons section?  If you don't see the add on, that usually means you ran out of data for this 30 day cycle.  You can also check your data usage history in your self service account. Your phone data tracker may not be in sync with PM's payment cycle.  

You can directly private message moderator team:

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tonyg2k 

Try contacting Moderator's here

Can you screenshot, and post here, BOTH your and your spouse's Data and Add On section from each of your self-serve accounts?

As far as the text messaging from Public Mobile on data remaining, it's very much YMMV.

Need Help? Let's chat.