cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to cancel my cell phone no longer using it.

Deligiannis1010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Meow wrote:

@popping wrote:

The $10 50/50 plan and the 90 days 12GB full LTE speed plan are in high demand. They are no longer offered by PM.

Thank you for explanation.

I was not aware of these plans. Did some quick search for $10 plan but I find it was very limited. Nevertheless it might suit somebody on extremely tight budget and low usage.

I never considered mobile data plans as they are highway robbery. Again, they work for some folks who have need for mobile data on the road.

The $10 50 minutes + 50 text plan was a Speakout killer.  Speakout cannot match PM $5 500 add-on minutes at 1 cent/minute with no expiry date.

After autopay and 5 years with PM, people are paying only $3/30days.

@softech wrote:

.. and sometimes, it's the phone number that is a hot sell...   🙂

You mean like personalized licence plates (car)? 😁

sololeo908
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you wish to cancel it, I believe you need to make sure to cancel any automatic payments that you might be registered for. You can do this by going to the "Payment" tab when you log into your account, and then selecting the "Remove AutoPay". Once that's done, Public Mobile should automatically close the account after several months of inactivity and lack of payments.

Another thing you can do is try to call their customer support and cancel your services with them if you want your account closed immediately. 

@popping wrote:

@Meow wrote:

@popping wrote:

3. Make money and not keeping your phone number
If you have a plan with high demand, you can let someone to take over your plan. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner.

I did not know there is a 'waiting list' for plans in high demand 😋.

Passing your plan/number to somebody else you can only recover your pre-payment, I think...

The $10 50/50 plan and the 90 days 12GB full LTE speed plan are in high demand. They are no longer offered by PM.

Not to mention the $60 US roaming plan that existed for maybe 6 weeks. I would think that could be worth a few $$ extra to the right person. And it might be very good timing very soon to put up the “For Sale” sign!

AE_Collector

.. and sometimes, it's the phone number that is a hot sell...   🙂

@popping wrote:

Thank you for explanation.

I was not aware of these plans. Did some quick search for $10 plan but I find it was very limited. Nevertheless it might suit somebody on extremely tight budget and low usage.

I never considered mobile data plans as they are highway robbery. Again, they work for some folks who have need for mobile data on the road.

popping

@Meow wrote:

@popping wrote:

If you have a plan with high demand, you can let someone to take over your plan. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner.

Passing your plan/number to somebody else you can only recover your pre-payment, I think...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Remove autopay to cancel your account.

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..

@popping wrote:

softech
Oracle
Oracle

You need to cancel your plan?  

just make sure you disable Autopay, remove your credit card.   The account will be in suspended mode at the end of the cycle when it failed to autopay and no one put in fund.    After 90 days of suspension , the account will be closed

popping

@Deligiannis1010 

Choices to cancel service:
1. Quick and keeping your phone number
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay and port your number to another provider. Your account will be canceled right away.
2. Slow and not keeping your phone number.
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay. Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be cancel. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying and reactivate your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.