cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped Off

GerryNFLD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sadly the PM that i promoted non stop is not the same PM anymore.  All my referrals and myself have been let down dramatically.  After stripping me of all my old credits I was forced into this horrible reward system.  I was then bribed to stay with 240GB’s of data that they stripped from me after I switched to a cheaper plan.  I may have been satisfied to switch to other cheaper plans but what I would be interested in is only available to new customers.  Then to try and satisfy me they gave me 5gb of the 240 they took. The CCTS has accepted my complaint and if I can’t get any solution I will be leaving after 5 years.

18 REPLIES 18

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech 

You may be right about the strict letter of the terms and conditions.  However, PM could and should do much better.

Remember when they offered everybody the chance to switch to points rewards by offering 1 point for every month that you were a customer? At that time, a customer with about 5 years  could have earned 50-60 points if we voluntarily switched. It was implied by PM that people could choose to stay on the legacy rewards going forward if they declined the offer.  If PM had been clear at that time and told people that if you did not accept their offer, eventually PM would force everybody to change without that additional reward, I am sure people would have voluntarily changed. 

Then PM gave loyal customers a 240 GB loyalty bonus when PM forced people to change to the points reward system. Most people could not reasonably use the 240 GB and it was wasting away. When people downgraded their plans (like me), the bonus data was canceled.  Yes, you could point to the FAQ which explains the consequences of downgrading to a lower plan. However, this notice was done in such a way that most people did not read it (alas, like me).

I was baited by the recent $15 plan and switched from the $29 4G 30 GB to try and use up the 240 GB. They took the bonus  away after I switched plans. Now, if I try to go back to the $29 plan, PM will only allow me to subscribe to the $29 10 GB plan, a loss of 20 GB per month from before. Ouch.

As result of PM's business practices, PM and their customer service agents are now swamped with complaints and tickets which affects everybody's service with long delays.

@softech  

no not misleading at all I no longer get old loyalty rewards from yesterday automatically added to my account  . Now I  have to pay full price for the plan and yes I earn lousy points . After the fact . With added step of having to redeem them if I happen to remember to and the 10 points you speak of is once a year . You’re assuming I’ll stick around that long to enjoy that measly perk . 

what is MISLEADING however is the way Public mobile went about this roll out to trying to convince folks this was some sorta enhancement for the customers . And taking away the 1 point for each month of service . And giving out a data add on as after thought that still had strings attached to it . Now that’s deceitful I’ll agree . You can’t sugar coat it this is bad for loyal customers all the way around 

Chris1985

I got a text today from PM that my data was low. Couldn't be. I was gifted 250gb of data after being on PM for many years and referring friends. Low and behold, they took my data away because I changed to a cheaper plan. I will be changing providers.

edited by computergeek541: profanity removed

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just switch - so many options available. Now even grocery stores are offering na name plans - But just as everywhere  it’s claimed as marketing but in my opinion trickery and it borders on deceit .

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Please note @computergeek541 as I've mentioned this before several times. We aren't filing complaints about Public Mobile removing the Legacy Rewards program and replacing it with the new Public Points system. We're filing complaints because we earned those rewards as credits off our phone bills. If Public Mobile did the right thing by converting LR to PP, none of this would be happening. It's that simple. And I think we all have very valid claims. But alas, time will tell. 

@Chalupa_Batman 

you are playing around with words.  All your meant is you don't mind if PM changed $ rewards into points as long as you get to keep the same rewards amount per month. 

You have to understand what was happening is legacy rewards (the system that granted you the discount) has came to an end.  Everyone got moved to a new rewards systems and everyone will be following the new rules to earn.

do I feel the pain with the change?  Absolutely

but does PM has the right to make the change?  Yes.  no one read it, but the terms for Legacy Rewards does say clearly PM reserved the right to make change (or even terminate) the rewards system

Let me bring it up again, my cash back credit cards went from 2% to 1.5% to 1%.  My Starbucks loyalty rewards changed from fixed cost for all redemption in 2019 to the new better  , used to be 125 stars for a lunch sandwich,   but jump to 200 stars and further jump to 300 stars.   But there was no class-actions around these changes.  Why?  because business have the right to change rewards system and consumers should be aware that rewards are not, and won't be, same for life

@Handy1 wrote:

@GerryNFLD yep you’re not wrong , just another way to put the crews to loyal customers . I feel your pain . I’m also feel ashamed for promoting this place for so long 

public mobile of yesterday 

Handy1_0-1715981839759.jpeg

Public mobile of today 

Handy1_1-1715981861049.jpeg

@Handy1 

the screenshots are misleading!!

your bill jumped from $0 to $39.10, but there are facts you didn't show and mentioned is that:

• You still get 15 points (=$15) in Community rewards should you participate the same amount as before
    (you have been helping less lately and likely see a drop in Community rewards in the next bill, but that is something you have full control of)
  • you didn't loss any of your Friend Referral points assuming all your friends stay.  So, the 29 points (=$29) is still there 
  • you receive 5% points out of $34  plan, you earned 1.7 points out of it
  • you are going to earn 10 points on your anniversary date (=$0.83 /month)

What you have truly lost is the $5 loyalty and $2 autopay rewards.  So, a loss of $7 total but you get 1.7+0.83 =2.53  points back, the net loss is only 4.47 /month

What was deceiving and misleading was that the two screenshots showed a jump of $39.10 in payment, with no follow up screenshots on your rewards transaction showing your rewards earned after the renewal.  The 29 points (=$29) are significant part of your monthly savings and you chose not to mention that at all

dmach

Everyone lost their legacy rewards, if they would have migrated them it might be a different story but because they didn't it's theft!

dmach

It's theft plain and simple!

EB0

I have a few lines, I moved  $15 lines to another provider , lower the plan for others lines to $75 60 GB every 90 days.

GerryNFLD

sure but the biggest issue at hand is they bribed me with a gift to stay.  then took it away when i chose to spend less.  nothing in the txt msg indicated i needed to spend x amount of money.  that could be considered extortion 

funpig1

@Handy1  LOL, if you keep racking up those monthly community points (15) along with the referral points (29), you would still end up paying nothing for your plan (34).

Just out of curiousity, under the old legacy reward system, did your cash credit continue to accumulate and roll over to the following month if the cash credit is not used up for that month? That would be the case with the points reward.

Please note @computergeek541 as I've mentioned this before several times. We aren't filing complaints about Public Mobile removing the Legacy Rewards program and replacing it with the new Public Points system. We're filing complaints because we earned those rewards as credits off our phone bills. If Public Mobile did the right thing by converting LR to PP, none of this would be happening. It's that simple. And I think we all have very valid claims. But alas, time will tell. 

@GerryNFLD wrote:

Some truth to what you say.  It all started as major disappointment.  To bribe me to stay with a gift and then take it away when I switched to a cheaper plan is when my blood started boiling.  No where in the txt message I received said the gift would be contingent on spending x amount of money.

I received the same text message and agree that customers were not informed of this condition.  There was mention of this on the website, but at the account level, I never received any notification of that condition either. My opinion:  Complaints about the switch to points will get dismissed.  Public Mobile is allowed to change such a reward/points program. I believe that your chances of getting the 240GB returned are much better.

GerryNFLD

Some truth to what you say.  It all started as major disappointment.  To bribe me to stay with a gift and then take it away when I switched to a cheaper plan is when my blood started boiling.  No where in the txt message I received said the gift would be contingent on spending x amount of money.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GerryNFLD yep you’re not wrong , just another way to put the crews to loyal customers . I feel your pain . I’m also feel ashamed for promoting this place for so long 

public mobile of yesterday 

Handy1_0-1715981839759.jpeg

Public mobile of today 

Handy1_1-1715981861049.jpeg

colleeno

Anyone who became a Public Mobile customer in the last 2.5 years never did experience the old Reward system and new customers are continuing to arrive and are happy with PM’s plan offerings. At least we got an extra 2.5 years of rewards. You will still receive your referrals as points (1 referral = 1 point = $1 per billing cycle) and receive 5% of your plan price in points as well as 10 points on your yearly anniversary. You can exchange points for add-ons or, when you have achieved 15 points, apply a $15 credit towards your next bill payment.

GerryNFLD

Time will tell the tale.  I’m currently on the $15 plan with the 5gb the csr gave me to try and keep me happy.  I’ll see what solution will come from my CCTS complaint.  I’m a pretty light data user.  The $19 3mth script new customers can sign up for would have probably kept me happy but now i’m poisoned with their efforts.

EB0

Sadly m, it’s the case for all loyal customers, I feel sorry for the effort they have put in to promote PM over years.

instead of rewarding loyal clients, PM has forced them to migrate to the points system, and give good plans to new customers only.

what is the benefit of staying with PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.