cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Developments, PM

Gonzo2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I am currently on the old $102/90 day plan. I've just been transitioned from the old rewards program to the points program and a while ago I received the 240GB bonus 'thank you' that I'll probably never use. Naturally I'm considering other subscription plans now that my monthly bill is going to go up significantly on the points program. But I've made some interesting observations. As other users have noted, PM is assuring me in the bot chat and in my account that 90 day plans are the way to save several dollars a month... except that there are no 90 day plans for existing users??? Oh, and I went looking for bare bones option of $15/mo with 100 min and 250mb. What, not there? At ALL??? If I'm not logged in I can see a nice $15/mo plan available with unlimited Canada minutes and a smidge of data - but it's for NEW USERS ONLY. I've appreciated a lot about Public Mobile through the past several years, and overlooked a lot of switches in their offers and sometimes downright bad phone service, but this is ridiculous. 

9 REPLIES 9

Gonzo2

@AndrewMo1 Yes, it seems like a classic bait-and-switch.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gonzo2 @Sansan @AndrewMo1 @BKNS27 

At one point, PM offered to give existing customers a point reward for every month that they had been a loyal customer to switch to the points reward system. For example, if you have been a customer for 60 months, you would have received 60 points ($60). That is a lot of money. However, when I did the math, I opted to stay with the legacy rewards in the belief that I would be better off in the long run collecting the old rewards and that PM could not force subscribers to switch against their will. I am a bit miffed that PM took away that incentive and then forced everybody to switch anyways.

AndrewMo1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I find it interesting that nobody points out the obvious - Public Mobile straight outright lied to its customers! They said - the new system will be almost the same, nothing will change. Then then congratulated me on CHOOSING to join the new points system! Like I had a choice. In reality, ALL my rewards accumulated over a number of years are gone. Even my referrals have been removed, as this is a new system, they say. And the new rewards system only covers about 28% of what it used to be. Just venting here...

@Gonzo2 Public Mobile is playing tricks on us all!

Unfortunately,  I don't know if there is better out there.

@Gonzo2 

You are correct. I just checked on the app and I only have the $19 plan with 1gb of data.

It is for new members only I guess.

Gonzo2

@Sansan @BKNS27 Right, so any data with the new $15/mo plan has to be added on, thanks very much for pointing that out, I missed that. Still, it shouldn't just be available to new users. 🤔

Gonzo2

@BKNS27 I don't even have the option to downgrade to the $15 plan, that's what really frustrates me. It's not even listed as a possible subscription for me, I'm not kidding. I have nothing lower than the $19/mo plan offered.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gonzo2 

If you downgrade to the $15 plan which is available for all members. You will lose the 250gb of bonus data.

Also the new $15 plan doesn’t include data now.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Ridiculous ain't it. I feel pretty much "stuck" with my plan. Offerings are not appealing at all. Mind me, the mass is not going to be satisfied as it's for the "whole" however,  from my view, no the offers are not good.

I have yet to see anything that attracts to me. Awhile ago there might have been one I was interested in however it was for new clients only. When I inquired I was turned down.

Just to note that the current $15 plan does not include any data at all.

Need Help? Let's chat.