cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice PM plans for new activations, but why not for me?

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wonder as to why good plans are only offered to new activations. Does PM not want existing customers to upgrade and pay them more money?

58 REPLIES 58

Wayworn

I hope that helps 😃

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wayworn 

Send a message to CSA, hope they have a clear answer for you.

@Wayworn 

You can do that now on your account. You can upgrade or downgrade a plan to change on your renewal date (not switch NOW).

But you are restricted to plans available on your account and not plans for new activations.

Wayworn

Yikes - there is so much confusion- 

EB0

@Wayworn 

As far as I know most customers on $34 plan can downgrade to $30 plan only, they can’t downgrade to $23 or $19 unless someone proves otherwise 

Wayworn

Thanks …

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Some plans are for new activation only. Check to see what is available to you when you login (not just viewing the shop page).

What ever is available to you as you are logged in you can move up or down to. The only thing is that the plans change all the time. So if you do change to a plan, next month the old plan you had might not be available anymore.

turtleTurtle

Am I sure to what?

Yes, you can downgrade, someone else in this thread even said so themselves. But obviously as I do not have access to everyone account, I can not speak for everyone.

Wayworn

That’s interesting- 

Wayworn

Are you sure?

EB0

The relationship between Customer and business / provider should be short term dating not a long term marriage.

Don’t marry with any business, find what suits your needs and go for it.

We can opine about what is best for us all we want.  The best way to to make it happen is to vote with the wallet and do what is best for yourself.  The unrestricted marketplace is the best platform for price discovery.  

turtleTurtle

For the most part I think PM is very similar in price to other providers.

What plan are you on that they do not allow you to downgrade? Maybe you are already at the lowest level, As I think many people so have the option to go to a lower plan.

slusagm

as you know we are just customers like you, better for you to send PM the message directly

TheSterlinger

From a customer perspective,  that makes total sense for sure. From the business side, in my opinion,  the loss of clients who actually closes their accounts and move elsewhere is minimal.  So they don't loose much, and gain plenty. For everyone that leaves, they gain twice as much.

Adding

This is not unique to public mobile,  every company in every sector does this.

@Wayworn  So long as the plan is offered in your account your free to upgrade or down grade plan . Currently I’m on the 50GB $34 plan but have options to upgrade and one option to downgrade to 15gB $30 plan which I could probably get by with and save $4 a month 

Wayworn

I think that it would also benefit PM if they would allow existing customers to select available plans up or  down as required.

Jackpot77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Their whole marketing strategy initially was being fair and loyal to their customers. Then they remove the old system and increase your bill, just to give your old pricing to a new customer. Brilliant and disgusting at the same time.

slusagm

I don't think it's a problem with Public Mobile. All the carriers are like this, they offer better plan to steal people.  I don't think it is a matter that they don't care existing, they just know no matter what you do,  people would leave for the cheaper plans elsewhere.  So if you cannot stop people from leaving,  focus more in stealing from others

Wayworn

Interesting point of view however we do have options to switch to other providers- don’t we?

EB0

@Wayworn 

New customers plans are marketing tools which most  of businesses do that to attract new customers.

opening those plan to existing customers may reduce company’s revenue, as most likely more customers will downgrade than upgrade.

Wayworn

But what about the rest of us?

kyle12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It should allow you to up/downgrade your plan whenever you want, just that so many of the plans are new activations only so won't show up in self serve

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can select plan downgrades but only if they're available to existing customers.

Leaving and then coming back is a zero sum game.  Why not just stay and pay for the more expensive plan with referral credits.

Wayworn

OK that sounds a bit sneaky - but why are new customers also in the same boat?

kyle12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Kinda looks like they're encouraging the old customers to port out and lose their referral rewards. Not sure why they didn't just cancel that with the removal of the good rewards system. Why else would they go complete 180 on their treatment of existing customers?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Wayworn  You raise a good point , but this is unfortunately the direction public mobile is choosing to go . So unless you create a new account with new email and new sim  and take a new number . The only other way around it would be to poet out of PM and back in on newly created  PM account to keep your same phone number and enjoy these special new activation only plans (sighs)

Need Help? Let's chat.