cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I phone app to help identify what's around you, like point to a mountain and gives you its name etc

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello: if anyone knows of an app for I phone that would help to name what's around you? There are lots of apps for restaurants etc.

I have seen occasionally  people simply point their phone camera at the distant mountain, river etc and the name as well as description pops up... Neat!

Please share your experience if you  know of a good app. for that.

It would be helpful when traveling in a new area to know what's around worth visiting etc.

Thank you:

9 REPLIES 9

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Member wrote:

Thanks: I did try to ask, but they did not speak any English...

Soooooo then how did you know about this app ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Member 

Google Lens does this for Android phones. I'm not sure if there is an iPhone equivalent app or if Google Lens would work on an iPhone.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yes I use Siri a lot, but was not helpful with what I needed for naming mountains etc

How to do google search with camera? ? Sounds it would help

Thanks: I did try to ask, but they did not speak any English...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I use only Google map and Sygic.

And I usually get prepared at home before venturing out. Not aware of any apps you mentioned. Why didn't you ask those people what app they are using?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Member   you can do google search with camera

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Trusty Google may be able to lead you down the right path

Need Help? Let's chat.