cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's what Public needs to really do to make the Points Rewards more Palatable for the Palate

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Here's what Public needs to do, as follows:

• The Former Loyalty, Now called Anniversary, needs to be More like this, like 4 Points per 30 Day for 40 Points per Yr
  • The Former Auto-Pay, 5% is Not adequate, More like some Dark Comedy gone wrong, needs to be at Least 15% Back when spending on Plans/ Add-Ons
  • B_Day Reward ad additional 5 Points
  • Public Points needs to offer a better robust offering, as it's literally Nothing serious to be taken, more of an Badage that is not adequate

What's your thoughts on this?

15 REPLIES 15

What kind of devices have been awarded?

@makkahn28   If one just kept the Points growing larger, thn that could accumulate ovr a long period of time.  Unless PM is making the Points expire over a time as well

I've only ever been on the points system and that's what I have done, I just let them accumulate and only recently started using them.  So at least so far they haven't expired in about a year and a half. 

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

As plans that are $50 and over that would keep an equivalent of $2 every 30 day be, and a $150 90 Day would give an 7.5 Points, or an 2.5 Points every 30 days, if All Plans were at the $50 Min, and the 2 Points retains the spirit of th Auto-Pay, The Only one that would be inbalanced, Anniversary being 10 Points per Yr, as opposed to an $60 a Yr on the Old System, that would mean, very least, for the $50 Plan, a loss of 50 Points, equivalent to $50 a yr

How could PM improve the Points system to be more robust?

Also, For the Jackpot Thing, how does it work?

Like, is it like a Lottery where 90% might get play again, or what kind of rewards, how is it shipped/ distributed?

The Only thing that the Points system I like, They are Not applied automatically

Unless PM has an Expiry date, the Points can accumulate over time

Wished PM had more ways to earn points in more efficient way

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

If on a $150 Plan, 7.5($7.50) would come to about 30 Points($30) in 12 Months =  Earned Points

So, take the Old Rewards Auto-Pay: $2 every 30 days x 12 = $24( $6 very 90 Days( $6 = Months x 4 Periods, meaning 12 Months) = $24)

If one just kept the Points growing larger, thn that could accumulate ovr a long period of time

Unless PM is making the Points expire over a time as well

My reasoning behind this:

If we Want Cheap, that = Unreliable Service, perhaps even Unstable Service, which would then translate to the Gossip collumns of If PM is on the Last leg of it's applause performance

I'd Be willing to pay a bit more If PM had some Nifty Premium stuff, Postpaid-equivalent that has the Bones and Meat that can be at it's all time best

My take, Public would in My Opinion, Need to offer More Premium Features to Justify and/or this Pandemic Points Flaw

Nothing personal, But, Fairness should AND MUST ALWAYS = Fairness

Anything Less would be like those stories of Bank E-Transfer fiascos that cause Financial and Emotional pain

Premium Features, Like Full Roaming access Add-Ons, Longer Term Data Add-Ons beyond the 30 day to at least 150 Day if Add-On was like 10 GB, If like 50 GB, 150 Day x 2 would Suffice

Speed Booster, so an Add-On that increases speed from 250 MB to 500 MB

5G+ Signal access

Satelite Access to compliment the Traditional Tower access

Mobile Tablets Data-Only Plans

Family Sharing Plans Under Single Account

Vo-Wi-Fi

This an initial opening start in my own opinion

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Under the Old Rewards:

Any Plan, Legacy or Present: $2 every 30 Days or $6 Every 90 Days, Which is Used Automatically When Plan Renews

Now, Under New Points system:  $34 = 1.7 = $1.70 equivalent, Every 3o Days

$150 = 7.5 = $7.50 equivalent, Either every 30 Day Or Every 90 Days

So, If on a $150 w. 90 Days, every Renewal date would grant 7.5 Points, equalling $7.50 in Cash

But, the Points System does Not Automatically use the Points like the Old Rewards, that would be Up to Each Individual Client.

If anyone was on a $150 90 Day Plan, getting 7.5 Points is Marginally better in that area, Just a razer thin margin

Now, the old Loyalty, every 30 Days would = to $5 or $15 every 90 Day

$15 x 4 would equal $60

$5  x 12 = $60

Loyalty Rewards would be where Everyone would be Shafted regardless, as that has shifted to 10 Points, = $10 every 12 Months, which should have been at the very least 30(= $30) Or 40(= $40) Points, to show som goodwill

The Referral Points remains the Same

So, here's the Breakdown for the Auto-Pay equivalent, $1.05( 5%):

$24 = 1.20 Points

$29 = 1.45 Points

$34 = 1.7 Points

$39 = 1.95 Points

$40 = 2 Points

$50 = 2.5 Points

$55 = 2.75 Points

These are what I call Completely Wrong and Obtuse to fairness

$24 = 1.20 Points      No

$29 = 1.45 Points      No

$34 = 1.7 Points         No

$39 = 1.95 Points      No

$40 = 2 Points           No

$50 = 2.5 Points        No

$55 = 2.75 Points      No

The Rewards should be at Minimum:

3.5  Every 30 Days ehich would equal 42 Points a Yr

Maximum:  4.5 Points every 30 Days = 54 Points a Yr

Anniversary Points = Obtuse Obstacle to Fairness, as the 10 Points per 12 Months is like getting a Cold, very Unhealthy Financially to those on a Budget

Remedy

should be at least 30 Points, = 50% of the $60, Or, 45 Points, $45 of the $60

So, what is your take on this?

What would be considered a Truly Fair and Equitable Public Acceptance?

@makkahn28 

Similar to Telus rewards, Public mobile will offer various contests where customers can enter with 1-2 reward points.  Jackpot prizes include new phones.  Maybe in the future other prizes including gift card, bill credits, etc.  If you like gambling and using your points, that is one way to use them up.  Most customers will probably convert 15 points to $15 credit. 

By switching to points in May, you will lost your loyalty (up to $5/month ) and autopay ($2/month). You will need to save up to 15 points before you can get $15 credit.  Not monthly credit as now.  

@makkahn28  They sometimes have a phone draw . You can enroll with points or with referrals at different times . But as for how long it will take to save . With the new points you will pay around $50-60 more a year so to off set that you will need about 5-6 more referrals to keep the saving the same as they are now on legacy rewards 

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

How did that work?

Also Compared to the rewards, How much longer did it take to save to get equivalent to what the old Rewards gave?

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I understand that ppl are pissed off about the changes, but where else are you going to go?  Even with the recent changes, PM still offers more incentives than pretty much everyone else.  Sure they aren't as good as they used to be, but at least it's something.

Are you going to get incentives from Bell? Rogers? Telus? Fido? Koodo?  The only carrier that offers something is Virgin and even then it's just discounts at Cineplex and select retailers.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Perhaps PM Needs the Public to have Public Mobile to heel 

Hence, CRTC should be focusing on What the Carriers are doing, and being Very Heavy Handed in how to deal with Out of Sorts carriers that are making fun of the consumers that rely on them, and need to ensure that if the fees go slightly high, that the offerings are visible, Not Window Dressing

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @makkahn28 

generally I love them.  But we all know PM is not doing this new rewards for attract more customers, instead it is a cost-cutting.  Also, while community is a place for questions and suggestions, we are not here to run the company 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.