cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public points disappointment

rlefe0321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Brutal to see them ditching the old loyalty program. For anyone not on the new 34$ can/us 50 gb plan, which is evidently still competitive, I don’t see why anyone would stay. For those on the old 15$, 25$ plans there will be far better options out there. One example is Freedom’s yearly plan with 30 gb LTE which works out to 12$ per month. I know I will be losing my referrals with this change and once they leave I will have no reason to stay either as much as the 34$ plan I have is good, it’s overkill for me. Bad move on public mobile! Tell me what company you all plan on switching to and let PM read it for themselves where people are going!

4 REPLIES 4

Matty1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have my sim card ready for Fizz, I was too late for my billing schedule (started on the 14th) but it's $12/month less than my current billing. It'll be $2 more than my current billing after 6 months but still less than the points plan.

Lucky mobile looks great if you don't live in a place served by Fizz or Freedom 

@hTideGnow  True, but not much use to me; 7 lines with 6 of them referrals all on $15 with 5+ years of service. 😫

I don't really object to the termination of old rewards programme but seems disrespectful to cancel the loyalty transition award with no warning. That's more likely to drive my referrals away  🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rlefe0321 

It is disappointing for certain.  

I am going to wait until early May to see what happens further before making a decision on my family lines.  

By reviewing the main announcement post, members have reviewed various other options.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

The main competition seems to be : Freedom mobile annual plan, Fizz introductory deals and Lucky mobile.  

Hoping that Public mobile will let existing customer have access to the new activation plans (ie. $24 or $29 plans).  Need to see what happens. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @rlefe0321 PM still has the best plan for $34

Need Help? Let's chat.