cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using points for data add on

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Seems now when using points for data there is no savings , it’s actually worse . First public got rid of roll over data add on then made it 30 days (expires) was told before using points was cheaper then using cash for these data add ons well not so fast seems to me they are still $15 points ($15) and only got for 15 days now 

Handy1_0-1715983725533.png

Public mobile is on a real mission to nickel and dime us all . Be wary community 

6 REPLIES 6

@computergeek541  Ok got ya , yes your right that was US data add on . I’m not enjoying getting used to these points 😞

@Handy1 wrote:

@computergeek541  That’s odd when I look up the add on for cash it’s still $15 but for 30 days . But with points I can’t see where the savings are seeing as 1point equals $1 but then with points that very same 1GB of data is only for 15 days 

Handy1_0-1715984952830.png

As I was saying, this isn't for a use in Canada data add-on.  The $20 roaming data add-on is being offered in return for redepmption of 15 points.

@computergeek541  That’s odd when I look up the add on for cash it’s still $15 but for 30 days . But with points I can’t see where the savings are seeing as 1point equals $1 but then with points that very same 1GB of data is only for 15 days 

Handy1_0-1715984952830.png

@Handy1 wrote:

@computergeek541  Oh ok , so when you pay $20 is it for 30 days or 15 days like this points discount and did they just up the price for cash paid add on ? I thought it was $15 cash before . Either way $15 (15 points ) for 1 GB data for 15 days is robbery . Hope no one ever feels the need to waste $20 or 15 points for such little data and for only 30 days let alone 15 days expired 

This is a roaming add-on.  I'm not debating whether or not these add-ons are of a good value or not. I'm only saying that a discount compared to regular price for this add-on is being given.

@computergeek541  Oh ok , so when you pay $20 is it for 30 days or 15 days like this points discount and did they just up the price for cash paid add on ? I thought it was $15 cash before . Either way $15 (15 points ) for 1 GB data for 15 days is robbery . Hope no one ever feels the need to waste $20 or 15 points for such little data and for only 30 days let alone 15 days expired 

@Handy1 wrote:

Seems now when using points for data there is no savings , it’s actually worse . First public got rid of roll over data add on then made it 30 days (expires) was told before using points was cheaper then using cash for these data add ons well not so fast seems to me they are still $15 points ($15) and only got for 15 days now 

Handy1_0-1715983725533.png

Public mobile is on a real mission to nickel and dime us all . Be wary community 

There is a discount. That add-on nomrally costs $20.  it's being offered for 15 points.

Need Help? Let's chat.