cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mobile Prepaid

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What does everyone think of Freedom Mobile’s Prepaid plan that has 1.5gb of data? It supposedly doesn’t use freedoms network and instead uses the nationwide network. Also has LTE data that isn’t throttled, and is pretty much only $19. 

Sadly doesn’t have many rewards, but it seems pretty good for the price.

15 REPLIES 15

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BearFBI 

Agree as we do not have a time machine. 

That is the reason for saying "too little too late for me" at the start of my post.

My decision was based on PM reward system of paying $3/cycle after staying with PM for 5 years. 

I was with Mobilcity/Chatr plan.  I will not consider Wind/Freedom because of the coverage 3 years ago.  Since Shaw took over Wind and may be Rogers, Freedom coverage will continue to improve.  People need to consider what is available and decide which plan to take.

For me, PM rewards system and the periodic free add-on are not available in other prepaid mobile providers.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping 

The thing is, it took you 3 years to get that bonus in the first place. 

8.25$ per month with unlimited talk and text sounds much better to me... 

Plus that plan is grandfathered. 

popping

Freedom $99/year plan is too little too late for me.

If I did not switch the low usage accounts from Speakout 3 years ago to the PM grandfathered 50/50 plan,  I will be moving those accounts to the Freedom $99 plan now.  But after 3 years, I am paying $5 for those PM accounts without doing anything.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The nationwide plans have a fair usage policy where something like 30% of the usage has to be on the freedom network over a period of 3 months. 

If you force your phone to roam and use WiFi calling when avalible, wifi calling will fulfill the "freedom network" usage. 

This plan is OP. If i lived in the GTA I would probably switch my family to freedom, especially the 99$ plan. 99$ plan with a good Esim data plan is the best combo ever. I dont understand why people in the big cities use PM, there's there's many other cheaper options, it just takes some digging and research. 

I thought I would make the switch back then but I wouldn't be able to port my number because I'm outside of freedom coverage 

popping

Freedom has a national network across with lots of holes between the major cities.  Freedom has a nationwide roaming agreement with other mobile network in Canada.  But the problem is Freedom will let their user to use the free roaming when user is at a dead spot within their network covered area.  Freedom only allows user to roam while outside of their network area.  

@Anonymous 

Lol....I have to agree since there is no component comparing the plan to public mobile's just that there are no rewards and So--Someone offers up a referral link dare I say thats pushing the boundaries?

Asher2

That is true, my fault but wasn’t sure about it. Should I expect this post to be moved to The Lounge?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Asher2 

i have a 2 friend the use Freedom Mobile uses the nationwide network. is good and after your data uses limit the data never stop is still working but is going slow data not fast, you know

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a bit of a touchy subject around here but really...talking up a competitor doesn't seem appropriate for this part of the community.

@Anonymous wrote:

Dare I say this should be in the lounge.

pretty sure.. i already ordered a drink and waiting for you guys in the Lounge.

Asher2

Ah well I wasn’t sure what section this was supposed to be in so I just chose this one

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dare I say this should be in the lounge.

Asher2

0AABBA6F-4FA6-411F-B32D-813CD5022BE0.jpeg

 From what I’m looking at here, it says it doesn’t use any Freedom Data. And uses the Nationwide network instead. Also says that in some of the other prepaid plans. (Some of the plans there use Freedom network though)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2  I did a quick look at it, it said the data is Freedom Data, so it use Freedom network, isn't it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Asher2 

for Freedom Mobile has only one rewards Refer a Friend for $25 you and your friend will getting one time bouns credit for $25 for new Activate account with 30 day,

Removed solicitation portion as it is against ToS (yes even for competitors lol) 

for public mobile The Refer A Friend Reward
How Does It Work?
It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your unique referral code in the referral code box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.