cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Lied, Got Caught and Are Getting Called Out

Zeke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Go to the "Plans" webpage and select "Build Your Own Plan". Select 30 Days - Provincial Wide Calling -   Unlimited International Text - No Data. The price comes up $10. For new customers or existing customers there is a webpage during setup or you can access from your account to select/change a plan. Select the same options - 30 day, province wide calling, international text, no data. The price isn't $10 as advertised, it's really $25. No way someone at PM is this incompetent. If I had the time I'd contact CRTC. Caught ya! If you have any respect for the Canadian consumer you'd actually offer the $10 plan as advertised to apologize. 30 days, unlimited provincial calling, unlimited international text, no data. Like this title says, you lied got caught and are getting called out. Step up and apologize and offer the $10 plan as advertised, at least for a weekend. Do the right thing. 

22 REPLIES 22

Zeke

For months I had a data only plan 6GB no voice, no text. $62. Then one night I was checking out plans and found if I add provincial wide calling and unlimited text the price was the same. $62. I switched my plan and at the next billing cycle it added voice and text all for the same price. Still $62. It's high now compared to the unlimited data plans but at the time it was a great find. 

- 30 Day, Province wide calling, Unlimited text and click No data is $25.

- 30 Day, Canada wide calling, Unlimited Text and click No Data is $35

- 30 Day, Canada wide & US calling, Unlimited Text and click No Data is $20.

Probably just a mistake.

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not completely fixed.  Plan builder still shows $20 if you select Canada and US wide calling,  international text and no data. 

Zeke

It's fixed. Thank you for all your replies and tagging the right people. There was no email reply from Telus' CEO but that's ok. No honouring what was advertised. That's ok to. It's fixed and that's perfect. That's what counts. Awesome! Thanks everyone! We got it fixed. Great job!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well..Zeke might've gone a little over the top but I think he's right.

Telus is the boss of Alan_K. Nothing wrong with going to the boss.

for all those so put of by the terrible glitch why not start with @Alan_K  voicing your concerns with him might be more effective

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeke 

Good on ya. It's been much more than 4 days though. If they fix the discrepancy I doubt anyone would get any benefit. They'll just fix it quietly and move on.

Please do keep us updated as to any progress or availability. 

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with the OP.  When dealing with a purely online company you need to stand 100% behind the functionality of the system.   According to the plan builder it's $10 for unlimited provincial calling and unlimited international text,  no data.   Price increases to $15 if Canada wide calling is selected and $20 if Canada and US calling is selected.  Why shouldn't a potential customer  trust the plan builder? How is it acceptable for any company not to stand behind that which they advertise? 

Zeke

I took a chance and guessed at the email address for the CEO for Telus. The email did not come back as a wrong address so I'm hoping it's gone through. I asked for 2 things. One, stop the deceptive advertising. 4 days is not a glitch. (2) make good on the advertised price for a limited time. I also added that "deceptive advertising destabilizes Canadians confidence in the Telecom sector that effects all Players just not Telus or Public Mobile". Which it does. This has to be taken seriously. False and deceptive advertising is not a mistake when you've been told the problem. Hopefully action will be taken. This has to stop. 

@Anonymous i don't disagree with you, or zekes premise for that matter but when a person gets on here jumping up and down like a 12 year old you gotta admit that was a little over the top Smiley LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not like gas pumps. In case of discrepancy between the pump and the till, the pump will be deemed as correct.

Or words to that affect. 

This IS a form of false advertising. Kind of a bait & switch.

I would certainly switch to it if it could be completed in Change Plan. But it can't. 

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm sort of with the OP ... PM is responsible for the content of their site. If this was a glitch, they could fix it as soon as they were alerted by a customer trying to obtain this pricing. They haven't so I think they shold honour it. You either act in good faith as a business or you don't.

Obviously an error and one of the many glitches with PM.  I am sure somewhere in the fine print there is a statement saying that pricing accuracy on the plan page isn't binding.  Like gas pumps.  Even if it was and they give this plan they post a price change and on your next renewal it is back to $25

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Suthurnbell

That makes no sense whatsoever.

If you signed up for $10 plan and they are charging you more go into your settings and change your plan a day or so before renewal.  or you can contact moderator to refund your money

Zeke

4 days ago? That's not a glitch. Imagine someone seeing that as s new customer. They go out and get their SIM card, go through the process to set up an account just to find out the $10 plan is really $25. Even though it's been advertised as $10. That's the key. PM is lying. False advertising and it's deceptive. The people at public mobile need to set up and stop this. Come on PM. 

This is obviously an error in the Plan page Plan Builder.  It's not connected to any payment system, so you really can't expect the same option to be in the actual set up builder or the one in the Self-Serve portal.

Yes, it shouldn't be this way, it always should be correctly stated, but mistakes do happen, and when noticed, will get fixed. 

@Zeke  a écrit :

The $10 shows up when you select 30 days, provincial calling, unlimited international text and select "no data". When you select "no data" Publi Mobile changes the price from $25 to $10. You can use the "plan" webpage without signing in or do it from your account "change plan". It's there. And it's deceptive. 

That's weird...with NO DATA you have a 15$ off....It's definitely a problem with the system...too good to be true!!!Smiley Frustrated

Zeke

The $10 shows up when you select 30 days, provincial calling, unlimited international text and select "no data". When you select "no data" Publi Mobile changes the price from $25 to $10. You can use the "plan" webpage without signing in or do it from your account "change plan". It's there. And it's deceptive. 

@Anonymous @Lieux You have to press all 4 to get bingo. It was mentioned by someone a few days ago too.. definitely a glitch.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 7.32.23 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be all over that plan in a heartbeat. But I don't get $10 in the open and I can't complete the purchase in Change Plan. So I don't quite understand who's lying. 

I take that back. I see it now. Actually click no data. Hmm

I don't disagree with you @Zeke 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Zeke  a écrit :

Go to the "Plans" webpage and select "Build Your Own Plan". Select 30 Days - Provincial Wide Calling -   Unlimited International Text - No Data. The price comes up $10. For new customers or existing customers there is a webpage during setup or you can access from your account to select/change a plan. Select the same options - 30 day, province wide calling, international text, no data. The price isn't $10 as advertised, it's really $25. No way someone at PM is this incompetent. If I had the time I'd contact CRTC. Caught ya! If you have any respect for the Canadian consumer you'd actually offer the $10 plan as advertised to apologize. 30 days, unlimited provincial calling, unlimited international text, no data. Like this title says, you lied got caught and are getting called out. Step up and apologize and offer the $10 plan as advertised, at least for a weekend. Do the right thing. 

Where did you see this plan for 10$? I click the same things as you did.....

ttt.png

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Zeke What is your problem you are on a public forum who lied to you?nobody here makes up the plans!!

Need Help? Let's chat.