cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Takeover my 12 gb/3 month. $120/3mth plan?

mech9t5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am arguing for this right now.  They keep saying it isn't possible.

21 REPLIES 21

TONH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes it does seem that way, understandable to  certain extent from a corporate perspective.

At this point, keeping my phone number is more important than the current plan.

I'll probably be porting out to koodo on the promo once things die down over the next week.

@TONH wrote:

I appreciate the candid response from you and Mary, figured it was worth a try at least!

Thanks to both of you!

@TONH Mary's post should be summarized as "won't" not "can't". Presumably a Telus decision.

But, if you are willing to abandon your phone number someone could take over your account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TONH

I appreciate the candid response from you and Mary, figured it was worth a try at least!

Thanks to both of you!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @TONH,

thank you for taking the time to write back to us !

Please note that this procedure is only completed under exceptions and unfortunately, we cannot process your request due to system limitations. As a prepaid service, the account becomes deactivated once a number is ported our and plans/phone numbers cannot be swapped in between accounts unless required due to a system issue which caused a problem in your account.

I do apologize but this is something that can no longer be done.

Thank you for your understanding,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

TONH

Hi Shazia,

I've sent a message to the mod team and am also being told this isn't possible. Your help would be much appreciated as I don't want to leave PM, just want to port out a personal number and port in a phone number I use as a work phone.

Thanks!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shazia_K to the rescue once again.  

could you possibly write out the process (wth the proper codewords or treminiology)  so others requesting something similar will not face the same  issues that  @mech9t5  or possibly let the other mods know, as they seemed certain, that it was not possible.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update: 

Here is a little update on what Mary posted a few minutes ago. The rare times that we had agreed to do this type of change is because it was an exception made and we cannot process this on a daily basis. 

The reason is very clear honestly, the process is long and does not work all the time. We try avoiding this as much as we can because it's very time consuming and the workaround cannot be used in all cases. 

We won't be making this change anymore, if someone wants to port out their phone number because there is a better promotion out there then they are free to do it but it's not sustainable for us to apply this exception for every customer that wants this. 

I'm sorry to come out this way, we try to accommodate our customers as much as we can, however, there are some things that we cannot do. 

Thank you for understanding. 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

MCWC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thinking about signing up for the 10GB plan tomorrow and doing a similar thing...

Going through the previous posts this scenario should be possible? 

I currently have Account A and Account B. I want to keep Account A but I want to transfer Number A to the 10GB plan. To do so I need to create Account C and ask a mod to transfer the number from Account A to Account C and assign a random number to Account A. Can I then request a mod to transfer Number B to Account A and close Account B. Account A has a lot of rewards so I do not want to lose this account. By transfering Number B to Account A the rewards should still be there since they are associated with the account? Defintely want confirmation of this before I sign up for the 10GB plan tomorrow.

srlawren

Subscribing for more info!  Tagging @Shazia_K and @Mary_M in hopes one can please please weigh in here and give us the official scoop.  Greatly appreciated, ladies!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mech9t5 Seriously disappointing. Hope to get more definition for everyone. This is, after all, on the Change Number form in our accounts: "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"!

Good luck wherever you go.  Robot Sad

mech9t5

You would think linking the thread would have negated the need to find the "proper" rep.

I got responses from 2 different reps and they both said it cannot be done.

mimmo

Who was the mod you were dealing with? @Shazia_K, @MarieHelene_L , @Mary_M  are who I would try to contact.

mech9t5

@Luddite

Here is what I have asked for.

I told them I currently have multiple lines (I have 4) with them and want to do a number Swap.  No go.

I also asked if it would be easier if I opened a new line to do the swap.  No go.

I even linked the thread you linked and was told things have changed and that no longer works as that was 6 months ago (of course that is BS) and it is impossible to do what I'm asking.

I know how it works.  I used to work for Telus mobility and I worked on the project to setup number portability.  I know it is technically possible to do and I know what "manual" workarounds they were doing previously.  

They did not ask me any questions or try to understand what I want.  All they wanted to do was tell me it could not be done by explaining how number porting cancels the plan so it won't work.  They were not interested in helping me out.

Originally I had family members willing to take my $120 4gb plans but now I'm suggesting they sign up with virgin for the 10gb plan.  I will probably just cancel the 3 lines I have on the $120 4gb plan and just leave the $75 call only plan.  

No point begging them as thats why I left Rogers and fido in the first place.

Solid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Luddite wrote:

They won't do it for you. You must first activate a new account (#2). Once it is active you 

1. request that the number on account #1 be moved to #2 and #1 be given a new random number; allow 24 hours

2. once that is COMPLETE, you are ready to port-out the number from account #2. After your account is setup with the new carrier, request a port-in of your number in account #2.

Read the Solution here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163972#...

I'm thinking of doing something like this. Just to verify, after getting a sim, I need to put some kind of actual plan on it right? 30 days with no talk, no text, and no data for $10 will not work,  right? Minimum plan is a text or data plan a $20 for 30 days?

Should it be relatively hassle free to port a number to Telus? 

mimmo

Hopefully we will find out soon. 🙂

@mimmo wrote:

@Luddite I agree this works. Just a question would I then have to wait 30 days to port my number into account #1 (the one with the random number)?

We don't know for sure. It seems port-ins do not count toward that limitation. 

mimmo

@Luddite I agree this works. Just a question would I then have to wait 30 days to port my number into account #1 (the one with the random number)?

They won't do it for you. You must first activate a new account (#2). Once it is active you 

1. request that the number on account #1 be moved to #2 and #1 be given a new random number; allow 24 hours

2. once that is COMPLETE, you are ready to port-out the number from account #2. After your account is setup with the new carrier, request a port-in of your number in account #2.

Read the Solution here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163972#...

mech9t5

I sent them pm

Want to set up a new pm account in order to swap my current number. Adding random number to existing plan.  Port out new pm account.

Was told not possible.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@mech9t5 What accounts do you have set up?

What exactly did you say in your request?

Do you not have your own thread going?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@mech9t5 please let us know if the mods were able to help you out. 

@Luddite Explanation is correct. 

Need Help? Let's chat.