cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No call going out

roksana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Whenever I can any Canadian number, I got message that "We cannot call long distance call, add the long distance add-on". Why could this be happening? I am on the $10 plan.

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@roksana wrote:

Whenever I can any Canadian number, I got message that "We cannot call long distance call, add the long distance add-on". Why could this be happening? I am on the $10 plan.

@roksana All great advice. If you are already out of minutes you should check your texting usage as well. The $5/500min add on is a great idea but you should really consider bumping up to the $15 plan. With Auto pay its only $13 and much easier to manage your usage as only the outgoing calling is limited to 100min. The $5/500min add on that rolls over gives you insurance in case you exceed your allotted outgoing calling. If youvare almost out of texts you may want to change your plan now rather than your next renewal date.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@roksana wrote:

Thanks, it is probably the case. However, I was confused with the message they were playing about internation add-on whenever I called someone.

Just ignore that pre-recorded message...with your $10 plan you can call almost all Cdn numbers without problems...maybe just dial 1 ahead of area code. You are limited to 50 outbound calls...including checking your voicemail.

You can get a $5 add-on that will get you an additional 500 minutes of Canada wide calling. Those minutes don't expire either...any minutes left over at your renewal will roll over until you use them up. Good deal for a limited calling plan such as you have.

The message about a long distance call and needing an add-on cannot be simply ignored. That messages is Public Mobile refusing to connect the call.  It can happen in the case of province-wide calling plans (which this isn't) or if there are no minutes remaining on a $10 or $15 plan.  The other possibility is that there is an account provisioning issue.

It's the "long distance charges may apply" message that can be ignored.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you make local calls? Sounds like you are out of minutes to me. The $5 add on that rolls over is a great deal.

@roksana wrote:

Thanks, it is probably the case. However, I was confused with the message they were playing about internation add-on whenever I called someone.

Just ignore that pre-recorded message...with your $10 plan you can call almost all Cdn numbers without problems...maybe just dial 1 ahead of area code. You are limited to 50 outbound calls...including checking your voicemail.

You can get a $5 add-on that will get you an additional 500 minutes of Canada wide calling. Those minutes don't expire either...any minutes left over at your renewal will roll over until you use them up. Good deal for a limited calling plan such as you have.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@roksana go in your account and add 5$ to your available funds and then click on add ons and buy the 5$ 500 minute add on. The 500 minutes keep rolling over every month until used up so they can last a long time! 

roksana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@roksana 

You are probably out of minutes as suggested above.  50 minutes can be used up fairly quickly since PM counts to nearest minute, checking voicemail or call forwarding also counts as minutes, etc.  

Here is a thread about the limited PM plans:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

GR
Mayor / Maire

@roksana  can you log in and see if you still have minutes available on your plan?  If it doesn't show any under the add on section then they're all used up and you'll need to buy the 5$ 500 minute add on 

Need Help? Let's chat.