cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How add local minutes to my current plan

fjobino
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on the 15$/month plan with a 100 minutes canada wide. I would like to add a one time addon to have more minutes next month (august) because I will be in vacation in my local province.

I see the addon "500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance" for 5$. Is this the one I should chose? Because i think i've read somewhere that if you are in the same province, it will be considered a local call and it won't use the long distance addon.

Thank you for your help!

6 REPLIES 6

fjobino
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for you quick answer! Very helpfull people here! 🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

500 minutes translate to more than 8 hours of talk or calling anybody Canada wide for 1 cent/minute!

The best thing is these add-on minutes do not expire meaning if you use 5 minutes during billing cycle, after renewal (every 30 days) you will get another 100 minutes as per plan and only WHEN you use them additional minutes will start decrease your add-on (now at 495 min left).

BCW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, it’s the addon you should choose.

The 500 minutes will start after you have used your 100 minutes. The unused minutes will remain on your next cycle.

It’s a great addon!

Enjoy your vacation.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Your plan ($15) has 100 minutes Canada wide. When you buy add-on for 500 minutes Canada wide they will be used for local and Canada wide calls meaning if you are out of your 100 default minutes for billing cycle AND you bought add-on 500 minutes AND you call your buddy sitting beside you, minutes will start decreasing from your 500 min.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fjobino wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on the 15$/month plan with a 100 minutes canada wide. I would like to add a one time addon to have more minutes next month (august) because I will be in vacation in my local province.

I see the addon "500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance" for 5$. Is this the one I should chose? Because i think i've read somewhere that if you are in the same province, it will be considered a local call and it won't use the long distance addon.

Thank you for your help!

@fjobino   Yes the $5/500 mins is what you need and those mins are Canada wide.  Log into your self serve account and select Purchase Add-ons under the My Data & Add-ons (halfway down the page).  Reminder you need to first add the funds to your and and then proceed to make the purchase as buying add-ons is a two step process. 

Nice thing about domestic add-ons is they don't expire and stay with the account until completely used up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fjobino : That's the one. And it's buy once, consume over time. As long as that takes.

Also, buying add-ons are 2 steps. Or have a balance on your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.