cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 GB promo disappear if I change plans?

flong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm on the $30 plan which is the same as the new $25 plan. PM gave me 1 GB bonus for the last two months (I think) and am:

1. Unclear whether it's something that happens every month from now on?

2. Not sure if it disappears if I switch plans?

18 REPLIES 18

Oh that is great news

Im so happy we are not dealing with another glitch, there wood be a rain of people descending on the mod tream now that we are expecting new deals in the house, which is followed by.loads of actions

flong

Actually if I click on "Plans and Add-Ons" it is not listed. However if I click on "Overview" it is still there.

I guess problem solved? Holy crap that's confusing. Thanks for your help through this.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@flong wrote:

Screenshot_20191011-015617.png

Well it certainly looks like the 1GB add-on disappeared after all. It couldn't have been less clear how any of this works. Thanks for trying though everyone.

You won't see the 1GB on that page. Log into My Account...look down to Data & Add-ons....you should see it there if you have it.

I didn't think of that. I have my ld minutes listed there but I don't have the bonus at all so for me it's normal that it wouldn't be there. 

Would be nice to know what kind of add-ons are listed where.

@flong wrote:

Well it certainly looks like the 1GB add-on disappeared after all. It couldn't have been less clear how any of this works. Thanks for trying though everyone.

You won't see the 1GB on that page. Log into My Account...look down to Data & Add-ons....you should see it there if you have it.

@flong 

If you are having difficulty with the ticketing process, 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

flong

How do I contact the moderators? The link sent me to a chat bot that didn't understand the question.

Thanks!

Hi @flong 

You should definitely contact the moderators, this shouldn't have happened.

Keep the screenshots. Don't give up

And please keep us posted about the resolution, it's very helpful for people who may face the same problem in the future

Thanks

flong

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@flong wrote:

So if I understand correctly, if I happen to use that extra 1GB this month for example, it's gone. It's not an extra Gigabyte every month, it's just one Gigabyte once. Is that correct?

Yes, it was one time allowance of one gigabyte 

flong

So if I understand correctly, if I happen to use that extra 1GB this month for example, it's gone. It's not an extra Gigabyte every month, it's just one Gigabyte once. Is that correct?

Oh it will be with you until it's used up, once you use that data it will disappear. It doesn't expire it's yours to keep as long as you have your account until depleted.

Go ahead and change your plan, postdate the change to the renewal date so you don't lose the money If you change immediately

wingin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you can still have the 1GB promo data after changed plan

flong

Screenshot_20191010-173544.png

They called it a "one time add-on". It seems that maybe this is the second month of it though.

So if I change to the $25 plan this "one time add-on" should still be present right?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@flong wrote:

I'm on the $30 plan which is the same as the new $25 plan. PM gave me 1 GB bonus for the last two months (I think) and am:

1. Unclear whether it's something that happens every month from now on?

2. Not sure if it disappears if I switch plans?

Public gave this to customers even on $10 plan as of the cut off date. They don't care which plan you're on. Keep add-on until depleted (or account is closed).

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The 1GB bonus will remain in your account even if you switch plans.  Once you have depleted your regular plan data then the bonus data will be used until it is depleted.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@flong  Add-ons are associated with your account and not your plan. You can change plan as many times as you want and it will never affect your add-ons so you have nothing to worry about.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe you will continue to retain your bonus 1GB.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It doesn't

There was one gift to everybody they should stay on your account until used up.

If you have another signup promo that was given as an add-on that will stay with you as well until used up. (I remember 5g but there may have been 1g promo too)

There was another signup promo one that was giving extra data monthly, that one may discontinue if you change plans.

I believe one was giving it only for 6 months and another one seemed perpetual but that may have been 2gigs monthly and if you port from one particular carrier maybe lucky 

Can you take the screenshot of your add-on and data, it will be more clear then. Make sure you zoom out or blackout personal info.

Also knowing when you signed up and on which promo would help too

Need Help? Let's chat.