cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on changing to a new plan

DaleJohnson824
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I've been with public mobile for quite a few years - my $25/month plan was down to costing me $19/month tax's in, my wife's plan was the $15 plan with 1/4 GB of data that was down to $9 - tax's in.    So now I'll be charged $28/month and my wife $17 or so for total cost of $45 compared to what was $29.    WTF????

I am quite upset about this - I would switch to the "New subscribers Only" of $19/month for 3 GB of data for both of us if it was available but it's only for new Accounts, with a 3 month subscription.

Other option I'm considering is going to Freedom and buying an annual plan for both of us which would be $15 GB of data and unlimited Canada for $120/Year plus tax.   

I sent a query about 24 hours ago if they'll let me switch to a new subscriber plan since they changed the rules on my contract I had with them but no reply as of yet.

Another question - if I switched my $25/month to the $15/month plan for myself would my 5 or 6 GB of data showing for past bonus's switch over to it?   That might be an option for me to do temporarily.........

Good Day All

5 REPLIES 5

DaleJohnson824

Hi - an update.   I have communicated with customer service, they refused to offer me anything except to help me sign up for the $29 plan.  lol   So I've switched as mentioned to the $15 plan when this month rolls into the next.  I told them if they don't offer a plan similar to what they are offering for new subscriptions only within the next few weeks then I will likely switch to Freedom Mobile and get their annual plan which is unlimited Canada and 15GB of data over the year.   I was told to keep checking for new offers in the meantime.    I've got 5 or 6 GB of data from their Xmas bonus's so that will last me for quite awhile irregardless.   Hopefully they will appease us at some point.......   I still think it's really unethical for Telus to shaft all the legacy accounts......    

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DaleJohnson824 

PM will not downgrade you from $25 to a $21 new activation only plan. However, there is a chance that PM may upgrade you from a $15 plan to a $21 new activation only plan. 

I did something similar for a Boxing Day new activation only deal. 

I have also downgraded to $15 with the intention to upgrade to the $21 plan. However, I've waited since Tuesday to hear back from customer service because of the huge backlog of complaints and requests. Good luck.

@DaleJohnson824 

If you change your $25 plan to $15 plan, if you have the legacy 150 day expiry date loyalty data add on, you will lost that data add on.  Any XMAS bonus data add ons will transfer over.  

Don't get your hopes too high with CSA.  I doubt that CSA will allow you to downgrade from $25 to $21 plan.  

DaleJohnson824

Thank you

I have just now switched my account to the $15/month plan upon renewal and made a request for both of our numbers for the account for new customers.

Have a good day

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DaleJohnson824 - For the More is Merrier and non Loyalty Bonus data you will be able to keep it when you change plans and once you both switch to the $15 plan you may be able to contact CS_Agent to switch to the new activations only plan, although there is a 50/50 chance of getting it and that CS_Agent will use Change Now instead of Change on Renewal.

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

⚠️ Public Mobile is Experiencing longer support wait times currently! Do Not Reply back to CS_Agent after submitting your ticket unless you solved it! Click here to bring up the Article!   ⚠️  

fixin1_0-1715546303215.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.