cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign Into Network

Leobn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Recently, whenever I turn on my data (3G) it tells me I have to sign into my network? I pay for data every month and am NOT maxed out this month, but I can't "sign into my network" and my data isn't working. I've got a first gen moto G and I've upgraded to Lollipop (its been a long time since then) but this problem is recent. Why is this happening and how do I fix it ?
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren : I had written out a long winded post about the flow of new customers trying to be here. It's pretty much how it goes to end up adding to an existing thread. We concluded that the site should have some mention at or near the top to Ask a question.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech wrote:

surprise.. the message has been here for 5 hours and we missed it?   Oh no.

@softech this would be the hazard in replying to a thread originated in 2016 and last replied to 16 months ago, while simultaneously giving zero information about what they're ready for.  😁

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny. I did see it and intended to come back to it and I thought it was the guy from yesterday coming back to deal with APN's and data after finally resolving talk/text.

surprise.. the message has been here for 5 hours and we missed it?   Oh no.

I am pretty sure he/she is ready to join PM.. 

Welcome to PM.. LoL..

srlawren

@Walamageofrey25 wrote:

Ok am ready 

@Walamageofrey25 sorry, what are you ready for?  You've replied to a thread that's been dormant for about 16 months.  Is there something you need help with?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Walamageofrey25

Ok am ready 

@Di2 Are you having problems signing into your self service account?  Do you know your secret question? If you do, you can try the forgot password link. If you don't, or it fails,  use this private message  link to contact the moderators directly . Ask them for a temporary password   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.  You could also try the forgot password link.

Di2

Whenever i on my net it came out as sign in

srlawren

@Apsar wrote:

Solve my prblm soon 

@Apsar we would love to help, but you need to give us more details.

Apsar

Solve my prblm soon 

@Atish wrote:

My net not working problem sign in to net work

There are two possibilities that I know of for this, both of which will show similar messages.

The first is when connecting to a open wi-fi hotspot that requires you to agree to terms of use. That type of message would be shown until you go finish that step.

The other, as @Anonymous was mentioning.  this message about signing into the network is the type of message that shows up when you have data turned on but do not have any data on your account (or have used it all up).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Atish wrote:

Might you have used all your data? Did it ever work here?

Atish

srlawren

@8890929154 what's up?

@SamsungA10s wrote:

Hard worker never fail

?

SamsungA10s

SamsungA10s

Hardworker

SamsungA10s

Hard worker never fail

srlawren

@Alan_K FYI the two-step add-on purchasing is continuing to cause much confusion.  

@bonshuaIt means you bought the credit but probably need to be applied to the add ons. It is confusing but @srlawren made a very handy illustrated guide here. But since we are all general users here, we don't have your account details, so we are relying on what you are describing to us. A screenshot or two would really help us understand what's going on.

@bonshua wrote:

So, even if the payment went through, they still have to be added to the account? Does that mean I bought them but they need to be applied?

The system doesn't let customer purchase add-ons unless the money is first in the account.  If top up that you made is still in your account balance, the add-on package is not yet on your account.

bonshua

So, even if the payment went through, they still have to be added to the account? Does that mean I bought them but they need to be applied?

It is a two step process to for add-ons.  You need to purchase and then add them to your account.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bonshua wrote:

I have this same issue. I spent $10 to add 200MB and then $20 to add 1 GB but it still doesn't work. The transactions show up on my credit card so I know they went through. Not sure what to do next... 

I'm not sure why the 200MB one didn't work, but the 1GB add-on is $30 not $20, so perhaps it didn't let you buy that add-on since you didn't have enough money in your account balance? Does your account still show you as having that $20 as credit? If you haven't already, I'd check to see if you have a positive account balance since the add-ons didn't seem to get purchased and maybe try again?

@bonshua wrote:

I have this same issue. I spent $10 to add 200MB and then $20 to add 1 GB but it still doesn't work. The transactions show up on my credit card so I know they went through. Not sure what to do next... 

Sign into network means that you are connected, but there is no internet access is available. A message sumilar to this will showmup on-screen and you connect to a Wi-Fi connectiom that first requires the user to agree to terms of service, or if you're connected to cellular data but don't have a data package or have run out of data. This is not an APN setting issue.  I am curious though as to which add-on that you are trying to subscribe to becauase there is no $20/1GB add-on for.use within Canada.  i believe that you may have added funds to your account but not actually purchased the data.

Do they show up when you log into your self serve account ?  If you still have problems then contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

bonshua

djshado

Sometimes the carrier sends updates to your network.

Check your settings 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220