cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account expired ?

chris_p17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m currently on auto pay and my account needs to be “reactivated”. My payment came out on Jan 17th. No funds does not apply to me. Any help would be appreciated. 

18 REPLIES 18

chris_p17

That’s one’s on me. I should have noticed the @ before I replied. Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chris_p17 : You can turn off notifications or unsubscribe from the thread to stop getting them.

It's a common problem. Some call it getting better visibility to suggest people start their own thread. I don't buy that reason. But the effect of people adding on to existing threads with their own problem is what you're seeing.

You may be confused, @chris_p17

The recent activity on your "Account expired?" thread was picked up by another user who piggybacked another inquiry on your thread.

Ideally each new user should start a new thread so as not to combine two separate contacts with two potentially different inquiry types.

chris_p17

I’ll keep an eye on that this month. Thanks again. 

chris_p17

I always have been, and continue to be. Thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@4339 : Sometimes autopay fails. If your payment card is still valid then you can use it to manually pay your plan cost. You can do that through the 611 service where you'll need your 4 digit PIN. Or you can log in to the self-serve and pay through there.

@4339 , see below:

Setting up AutoPay means that you save $2 every 30 days

To set up AutoPay:

1. sign in to your Self-Serve account
  2. select the ‘Payment’ tab, 
  3. ‘Register for AutoPay’. 

From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. 

If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged or update payment card expiry date, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your payment card.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Auto pay by credit card 

chris_p17

Thanks so much. Will do. 

@chris_p17 

@chris_p17 wrote:

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I just “reactivated” and now I’ve been charged twice in the last 3 days. I’ll submit a ticket. 

Glad to hear that your phone is working.

If you have extra available funds showing in your self service account, it might be easier to just leave the funds for next month.  It can take several weeks for moderators to refund the money and it might be close to your next renewal date anyways.  Up to you though

chris_p17

Thanks again. Have a good night. 

@chris_p17 wrote:

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I just “reactivated” and now I’ve been charged twice in the last 3 days. I’ll submit a ticket. 

If the funds are there in self service under Available Funds, just leave it there for future renewals.

chris_p17

Hi @chris_p17 

Do you currently HAVE service?

If not, it's possible your auto-pay may have failed.   But don't worry, that sometimes happens - it's not a huge deal.

Just add the necessary funds by making a manual payment on your self-serve, then hit the REACTIVATE button.

If you HAVE SERVICE, you're all good and need to do nothing.

@chris_p17 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Forgive my ignorance here but the payment that came out on Jan 17th was for the previous month and when I reactivate, it’ll be for the next month? Thanks. 

You pay ahead of time...so the Jan 17th payment will expire in 30 days.

edit; if you log into your account, it should show you when next renewal date.

chris_p17

Thank you for your reply. Forgive my ignorance here but the payment that came out on Jan 17th was for the previous month and when I reactivate, it’ll be for the next month? Thanks. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Top of page, click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance.

Type "autopay failure". then follow along until Simon creates a ticket.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @chris_p17 

If you have NO SERVICE, add funds to your account sufficient to cover your plan amount, then hit the 'REACTIVATE' button.

Need Help? Let's chat.