cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disable Voicemail

Kateg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I am very confused, as every answer on the internet, relating to Public Mobile and Disabling Voicemail, is giving conflicting information!

I have an iPhone 7 and I do not want people to be able to leave me voice messages. I have contacted apple, who have confirmed the VM feature is monitored through my  phone plan operator. 

Please can you tell me if disabling my VM is possible and how I go about doing this? 

Thanks,

35 REPLIES 35

@softechYeah I just realized this was page 4, already answered, etc and saw your reply before I came back to maybe edit... oh well. long day

@Nezgar wrote:

@pkaraa wrote:

refer to this 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M3875...

you may find the solution here.

LOL you literally linked to the post already marked as a solution for this exact same thread from three years ago...

.. another way of saying.. Read the whole thread please.. lol

@pkaraa wrote:

refer to this 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M3875...

you may find the solution here.

LOL you literally linked to the post already marked as a solution from this exact same thread from three years ago...

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

ThosD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This  seems like a better, more permanent solution. Thanks!

ThosD

Thanks for that. I will try it

Carlalampel

Omg thx u saved my life 

doumnaoua

ok resolu

@doumnaoua 

Si la numérotation abrégée de votre messagerie vocale ne fonctionne pas à partir du téléphone, vous pouvez essayer de composer l'un des numéros de cette liste:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

doumnaoua

bonjour j'ai changé de telephone et je n'arrive plus a ecouté mes messages vocaux. Car le système que je n'ai pas cette option alors que c est le meme forfait que j'avais avec l'autre portable.

merci

@Jk268 wrote:

Somebody had said you can extend the ring time to 30 seconds ( It is the maximum ). But it won't help. 30 seconds is about 4 rings. It still go into voice mail.

Please tell me what is the other technique to remove the voice mail access number ?

Thanks in advance. 

PS. This is my first time to post in this community. Let me know if I did anything wrong.

You can configure any amount of time from 5 seconds to 30 seconds in 5 second increments. 30 seconds = about 6 rings. The default is 25 seconds I believe.

• Dial *#61# to see the current voicemail deposit number and delay time. I believe the default is 25 seconds. (5 rings)
  • If, for example, the voicemail deposit number shown is 204-588-4001 and you want to set the maximum ring time of 30 seconds, dial *61*2045884001**30#
  • Verify your setting was successful by again dialing *#61#

Now, you can prevent all calls from reaching voicemail by setting all conditional forwards to a dead end by dialling *004*8080000000# - now after 30 seconds / 6 rings the caller will continue to hear either endless ringing, or a fast busy - this will not incur any minutes cost to the caller, as the call was never 'connected' as would happen if voicemail answered, even to play an announcement that you're not accepting messages.

You can then reset/undo this by dialling ##004#

If you do want to have voicemail answer, but simply play a message that you're not accepting messages, see this post by @srlawren  : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M3875...

@Jk268 

Your post was great but i think i would have started a new thread rather than adding to a relatively old one but none the less I would imagine @Nezgar will have a detailed answer for you. I could probably find the post if he doesn't show up in the next few hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jk268 

You did just fine. Welcome to Public Mobile.

I don't think you can. It looks like this provider won't let you let it just ring and ring.

@srlawren 

Jk268

To srlawren posted on 07-31-2018 :

There is another technqiue where you can remove your voicemail access number from your phone, and the phone would then just ring and ring.

I also like ringing and ringing just like dboxtvinfo 715 said. The reason why I like it ? Because I have some friends they are using the cellphone as Pay Per Use. Every time they called me if I didn't answer them then it will go to the voice mail. They wasted money. I also have a friend using other cellphone provider. He can disable his voice mail. If other person called him and he didn't answer then the phone will ring 10 times and the system voice will say : The customer you are calling is unavailable. Please call again later. Then nobody has to pay a dime.  Somebody had said you can extend the ring time to 30 seconds ( It is the maximum ). But it won't help. 30 seconds is about 4 rings. It still go into voice mail.

Please tell me what is the other technqiue to remove the voice mail access number ?

Thanks in advance. 

PS. This is my first time to post in this community. Let me know if I did anything wrong.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

message for how I hate voicemail

Sorry to hear that.  Best of luck. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

message for how I hate voicemail

dboxtvinfo715

yeah, I like the ringing and ringing 

Please 😁🙄remove voicemail public mobile Telus🦚🦃🐿

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

🤔but can we avoid this. Alert what's the issue 😂 😬 😑 public mobile  Telus . 

Remove this 

@dboxtvinfo715 huh???

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dboxtvinfo715

🤔but can we avoid this. Alert what's the issue 😂 😬 😑 public mobile  Telus . 

Remove this 

Gfincati1

Works like a charm - thanks!

@Respublica wrote:

@srlawren

Thank you for being such a helpful person in this community. I include in my greeting for my callers to "Please text me at my xxx-xxx-xxxx phone number." This is to let them know that I prefer to receive text rather than a call.

The reason is I usually take the public transport and I do not enjoy taking a call in a crowded bus or train.

Just a personal preference

@Respublica  That was exactly my problem trying to link the voicemail set up map on a crowded bus this afternoon. Just gave up and left a slightly lame search bar solution.

@xp888_liu wrote:

Followed the instruction and worked as expected.

Great. Solves the problem of all the spam calls we get nowadays too.

xp888_liu

Followed the instruction and worked as expected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

This is awesome. Now I've changed plans I can direct callers to my line with unlimited calling and not waste minutes calling voicemail on my $15 Plan phone. This will be useful for many people on a limited outgoing call plan. Thanks

You can retrieve voicemails using a different phone.

I do the same thing. My Extended Absence Greeting tells the caller I don't take messages and to call a different phone that only people that know me would know. Then it hangs up. Some day I'll get around to adding a bit about otherwise texting me on the number.

This is awesome. Now I've changed plans I can direct callers to my line with unlimited calling and not waste minutes calling voicemail on my $15 Plan phone. This will be useful for many people on a limited outgoing call plan. Thanks

Janey345

Thank you for this!  My problem was blocked calls were going to VM and filling it up, and I felt I had to erase them - so now with your solution, they may still go there, but doesn’t bother me anymore.

MMC1

I can confirm this method works on my voice and data plan

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

A couple of alternatives:

1. Disable VM through the Call Forwarding options on your phone. Read the following by @skmkenn here. NOTE: This may use up limited plan minutes as you would be using the Call Forwarding features of your phone instead of the PM system sending unanswered calls to VM, which is handled and treated differently.
  2. Extend the ringing time as long as possible. Read the following by @Anonymous here and by @FredC here.

HTH

For easy reference, here is a picture of the menu system:

9fig4.png

source: "Adding an Extended Absence Greeting" section of 

How To Use Your Phone and Plan Features

fk8338

great help

A couple of alternatives:

1. Disable VM through the Call Forwarding options on your phone. Read the following by @skmkenn hereNOTE: This may use up limited plan minutes as you would be using the Call Forwarding features of your phone instead of the PM system sending unanswered calls to VM, which is handled and treated differently.
  2. Extend the ringing time as long as possible. Read the following by @Anonymous here and by @FredC here.

HTH

Need Help? Let's chat.