cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plan and the rewards I've accumulated

jex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I'm on the old $10 plan (now discontinued) and just saw that the rates will be increasing to $13 in April.

This is obviously a push to get us to choose the $15 plan. 

If I do switch to the $15 plan, will I retain my $ rewards? So far I've accumulated $8 on the old rewards system, and I'm not sure if switching to the $15 plan will make it so that I only receive a cap of $5 rewards.

Any opinions? TIA!

25 REPLIES 25

@yellowpage wrote:

From $10 to $13, this is 30% increase. If there is a way to say "NAH", I would say 4x times on behalf of my 4 lines. 

I would think many people on the $10 plan are possibly close to or are already receiving $5 off for loyalty, and $2 off for auto-pay, and are only paying $3/mo if they don't have any referrals... With some referrals under their belt, they may well have been receiving free service for a while, or even building an account credit -- a concept which got poo-poo'd on in the telus mobility pre-paid side a few years ago when they started requiring people to have base plans to draw down those balances, and not run solely on a per-minute balance consumption model... I switched wife to PM once that balance dropped to 0.

In this example the $3 cost is going to $6 -- stlll a bargain for basic service. If you are keeping the line only to park a phone number, there are VoIP/forwarding options around for $2 or less.

yellowpage
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From $10 to $13, this is 30% increase. If there is a way to say "NAH", I would say 4x times on behalf of my 4 lines. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

I don't see why.....its still on topic. But if it does I will have a nice glass of that pinot grits you mentioned the other day.

@jex 

I'm on board if you want to fight this BS price increase!!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I've been with Telus for like ever. Copper landline, original Motorola brick phone and other flip phones, internet service, cell landline, only just recently tv service. I had loyalty with Telus and was paying $30 for 6gb of data plus another $30 for talk. My situation changed and they couldn't do anything better. I didn't set my hair on fire. I just shopped around. Then I learned about this place and then learned that they belong to Telus. Picked up a $35 BYO and then shortly after changed down to the $10. Haven't looked back.

Anyway...I'm sure an Oracle has long since been eyeing this exchange to dump to the lounge. So see ya soon 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Oh I agree. But I am a stand up for the title guy kinda girl.....and it entertains me. But if everyone else is going to follow the lemmings then there's not much for me to fight for personally. But I rather like the idea of finally stop wasting my money on tv I can already get for free....so there's that.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I guess I'm not the posturing, threatening type. I've boycotted things over the years. So you threaten to leave and they call your bluff. Now you have the hassle of changing everything around and paying fees and maybe paying more...for what...$3. Yes we pay too much for phone service in this country. I'm not leaving to go elsewhere to pay less for phone service. I am kinda entertaining roaming from the states though.

But still...$13 for the status quo that has served me well for a few years now.

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

I have yet go recieve this email. Awfully convenient of pm to not announce the price increase in the community.....but rather sneakily send out an email instead.

HI @darlicious   Surprise no official Announcement post too.

Also, surprise so many have the $10 plan, so many come and post here right a way 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Well of course....and I am complaining about something I don't pay for....and won't have to pay for either but it's the principle of the matter isn't it? And threatening is different than doing...but if enough people threaten then that might make a difference. $3000 a year is a lot to lose over $3/month or $36/year But being complacent Canadians is one of the reasons we pay so much for our mobile services in the first place. Will Canadians be so complacent if Pudding decides to invade from the north? We need to stand up to the little increases to prevent the bigger ones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : The 40/120 revolt was over wording. The wording said something like forever. Then they tried the 25% increase. Nuh uh everybody said. You said...

Then they made sure to put in the proper wording in the terms. So this isn't the same thing.

I hold a balance in my main account and a smaller balance in my data account. Not as much as some oldtimers around here but enough to last a while. So I'm not switching.

Would I really want to go to the hassle of changing tv and internet service too? WHP even (which we may just get rid of sooner than later but then we lose a cross-provider bundled saving of a whole $5...wait...later).

Is it worth it for 3 bucks? Is it worth it to spend another 2 to go up for some more service but less speed. We all tell everybody that 3g speeds sorta kinda don't matter. Are we really that married to full 4G?

So I think I'll just stick it out still to spend the less money.

I do of course think a whole entire ginormous 30% increase is rather over the top and greedy as heck but...it's 3 bucks.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Lol....yes it does. I'm just mad that my last 3 referrals went to the bf which would make up for my shortfall that this price increase would cost me. I currently have enough credit for the next 10 years to get those 3 referrals to ensure my plan remains free with no other effort on my part. But I also value loyalty on both the part of the customer and the provider....thats how telus lost me as a mobile customer paying $35/month for much less service that I currently enjoy for free. I have my firestick hooked up and my unlimited internet for $9.95 a month so I will happily cancel my optik tv. All told if that happens telus will have lost over $250 a month from me. That $3000 a year....see what not being loyal to your customers gets you? Customers need to keep this in mind....you can protest price increases with your wallet. If enough customers threaten to do so telus and public mobile will reconsider this price increase as they did the $40 plan price increase in 2018.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I would be entirely confident that they and you will.

Funny the different triggers people respond to. This one's a big meh to me. It was nice while it lasted. This is life. Things get more and more expensive. The rich get richer. It would be only fair if they cranked up the other plans but I'm not Darren.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Hopefully they won't get emails! If I do get the email I am ratcheting up my fight.....and I will cancel my optik tv out of spite!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I got it on my original main account. Not yet on my other two that are also on the $10 plan.

So maybe those won't be affected at the same time. Dunno.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

I have yet go recieve this email. Awfully convenient of pm to not announce the price increase in the community.....but rather sneakily send out an email instead.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Ummm....could someone show me the literature on this price increase? Thx.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : As evidenced by even being on the $10 plan, I'm a low usage user. I also have another account on the $10 plan (that has yet to get the email) that I use as my data account. But my primary account has about 20-odd gigs of data accumulated in it. My data account still has some of the initial promo data that it came with due to all the gifts over the years.

@Anonymous wrote:

If you think losing full 4G LTE and paying another 2 bucks is worth it then of course.

I do not get it?! What is such big deal losing 4G LTE for $10 plan? That plan had very little data if any? What I am missing reading all these post mentioning 4G LTE?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jex : Well...Apr 28th. You don't have to change to the $15 plan. If you think losing full 4G LTE and paying another 2 bucks is worth it then of course. But yes if you want to change plans then do it after the last renewal before the 28th. If your renewal is on the 28th or thereabouts then that's a little trickier to get full value.

jex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's a good tip! So if PM is charging me $13 starting April 20, I should switch to the $15 plan on April 19th?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No changes in rewards. You will not lose anything BUT be careful NOT to switch to Points by accident!

I believe only cap of $5 is for loyalty? Even if you are here 10 years you will get only $5 off.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jex 

Your rewards will not change.  You will continue to receive same amount every 30 days cycles after your plan change to $15 plan.  PM service is prepaid. There is not refund for the unused days of your current billing cycle.  Schedule plan change on your next renewal date.  Don't change plan immediately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your rewards will stay the same. It's just the value just got watered down and in effect stolen.

$10 plan - say $4 rewards = $6 to pay.

$13 plan - those same $4 = $9 to pay.

$15 plan - those same $4 = $11.

So you lose full 4G LTE but gain 50 outgoing minutes and unlimited incoming and texts by changing.

So the $10 is still the same plan otherwise but just paying that much more for it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, you will retain the current rewards that you have already accumulated.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jex   Reward and available fund will be not affected if you switch to different plan.  

You will still be on the old reward system and the fund would not be affected

Need Help? Let's chat.