cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Disable Voicemail

Hi Everyone,
Wondering if its possible to disable the voicemail feature on my plan??
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Disable Voicemail

No There s no way to disable voicemail.
Only thing you can do is make it full so no one can leave any more msg and you have to do that every month. Because it's get reset every 30 days.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shawn8285 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Wondering if its possible to disable the voicemail feature on my plan??

I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but you could try messaging @Moderator_Team to see if they can disable it from the back end. 

Mayor / Maire

Mod won't be able to disable voicemail.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Mayor / Maire

You'll have to do an extended abscene greeting. See below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Disable-Voicemail/td-p/128858

Edit: This is no way disables it entirely. Just stops people from leaving messages

Highlighted

It might be possible to disable it through the Call Forwarding options on your phone.

For Android, open up the Phone app > Tap on the Menu button > Settings (or Call Settings) > Call Forwarding. You should see the Public Mobile voicemail number listed under "Forward when busy", "Forward when unanswered" , and "Forward when unreachable".

Tap on each of these items and delete the voicemail number. This should stop calls from being sent to voicemail (and if someone calls you and you decline or if your phone is off the line will just disconnect instead of forwarding it to voicemail).

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

Thanks for this, that worked on my phone!

Glad to hear that it worked for you! Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Neat trick, but it did not allow me to delete Voicemail number. System would just revert to original number.

My solution was to input +11111111111 as a new number. Woman Wink Worked like a charm! Woman Happy

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@skmkenn wrote:

It might be possible to disable it through the Call Forwarding options on your phone.

This is what I do. I just forward it to my home number when busy, unreachable, etc. I've never actually used the voicemail feature.