cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating self serve account, Error: SelfRegistration/InvalidMobileNumber

ighsaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Over 24hours ago I purchased another SIM from PM for another family memeber.  I am trying to setup a new self service account for this memeber but can not make it past step 1.  

I click on Create Account and am taken to Step 1 - I enter my phone number, then click Submit, next I recieve a text from PM with the 6 digit code.  I enter the code and click Verify Code.  I get a banner message that says "Your code has been validated, please click Continue".  When I click continue the banner message turns grey and changes to "SelfRegistration/InvalidMobileNumber"

Things I have done;

- I bought the SIM and had it activiated in store

- I received emails and texts from PM telling me the account has been activated.

- I can send/receive texts and calls from this number

- I have tried different browsers including Chrome Incognito mode

Any help is appreciated

12 REPLIES 12

ighsaw

I don't get to step 2 to supply the email I gave at the store.  I get the error on step 1 after I enter the phone number and code that was texted to me from PM

ighsaw

Yes I used a unique email from my first account

ighsaw

Yes I am entering the new family memebers number, trying to setup a completely new self serve account  for a completely new number.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@ighsaw wrote:

Over 24hours ago I purchased another SIM from PM for another family memeber.  I am trying to setup a new self service account for this memeber but can not make it past step 1.  

I click on Create Account and am taken to Step 1 - I enter my phone number, then click Submit, next I recieve a text from PM with the 6 digit code.  I enter the code and click Verify Code.  I get a banner message that says "Your code has been validated, please click Continue".  When I click continue the banner message turns grey and changes to "SelfRegistration/InvalidMobileNumber"

Things I have done;

- I bought the SIM and had it activiated in store

- I received emails and texts from PM telling me the account has been activated.

- I can send/receive texts and calls from this number

- I have tried different browsers including Chrome Incognito mode

Any help is appreciated

Make sure enter your family memeber's phone number, not your phone number!

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you using the same email address you provided to the store, & received your PM welcome emails through, when your account was activated? Or are you trying to use a different email to set up your self serve account online?

@ighsaw wrote:

Yes I have tried logging in, i get a message that the username (email address) is invalid - because a self serve account has never been setup for it yet.

@ighsaw  Did you use a unique email when setting up at the store or one that you have used for one of your other PM accounts?

ighsaw

Yes I have tried logging in, i get a message that the username (email address) is invalid - because a self serve account has never been setup for it yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried actually logging in? I've also never activated in store with PM so I'm not sure how far in you got with this part.

ighsaw

I have tried different computers, and retried every hour all day today.  I have been using Chrome Incognito every time.  I will send a message then follow up here if I get a solution.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ighsawI have no experience with setting up a self serve account after retail activations I have only done online activations.  If you are getting this error I would suggest waiting and hour or so and trying again to see if will reset and allow you to move forward.  When you do try again I would again  use incognito or private browsing.  If you still find you are getting errors you should contact the Moderator team.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Recovery

As @Triguy suggested, try clearing cache or using incognito/private mode on Chrome. If that does not work, you can send a message to the Moderators for further assistance.

To send the Moderators a message, you can use the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try clearing your cache and restart your computer.

Need Help? Let's chat.